Author Topic: Found the Intro Thread  (Read 6339 times)

Offline Purple Sage

Found the Intro Thread
« on: November 06, 2013, 02:21:46 PM »
While searching to find out who "chris" is that edited one of my posts to ask him why it was edited to ensure that I don't break whatever rule it was that I broke in future, I found this Introduction thread.  Considering my rep is falling quickly here (It's already down for a net of 7 if it hasn't fallen more while I type this.), I thought I'd go ahead and do the intro thing although I suspect I may not fit in here as I am going negative faster than a Lousy Freeper Troll in Skins Island.   :naughty:

I found CC due to being on the DUmmie FUnnies Ping List on FR as most of you have probably guessed.  The DainBramaged / Doug Bulna / Douglas Bulna / Douglas C. Bulna of Gearhart Chevrolet fame DUmmie FUnnies to be exact (Sorry.  I couldn't resist one last time.)   :naughty:  I avidly read the thread for quite a while, then decided it would be great fun to see if I could possibly get the

pic ranked high enough to send ol' Bulna into a conniption fit or at least motivate the moron to get the trademark removed from the Interwebz unless he likes it, of course.  In which case, I was doing him a favor.  Obviously, this twisted a few knickers and I have since given up on the idea; although I am considering turning the kiddies on to the guy to alert their friends to post the the pic with Bulna's name all over the Internet.  Just kidding!

I also read many, if not most, of the other recent threads and found you guys entertaining and spot on.  I enjoy wit and there is an abundance to be found on CC.

As for myself, I am a social and fiscal Conservative with a shade of libertarian leanings as I am not fond of the nanny state.  I like to take care of myself, mine and others of MY choosing.  I don't want the gubmint or somebody else telling me how to do it, much less forcing me to do it.  If an election comes down to a choice between a big spending social Conservative and a fiscal Conservative that doesn't drool at the thought of butchering babies, I will choose the fiscal.  Not because I don't think the social issues unimportant, but the Dummies have put our country into such a state that I believe it imperative to set our fiscal policy straight for our kids and grandchildren.  My husband and children are "Evil" TEA Party members as well as myself.

I reside in the Hill Country of TX with mostly like-minded folks with the exceptions of the two Scatological Wampus Cats down the road who sorely hate my guts.  BTW, a "Wampus Cat" in my neck of the woods is a fat, mean, man-hating witch with a "b", usually of the homosexual persuasion.  Google has a different meaning I discovered today.  Who knew?  Much like "Well, bless your heart.", I suppose.  I bless the DUmmie's hearts regularly.

Homeschooling was a passion of mine while raising my children.  Wanting them to receive the best education possible, I soon realized the public school system wasn't going to cut it.  The Liberal propaganda was outrageous as well; although my kids were smart enough to see BS when it was spoon fed to them.

I've greatly enjoyed your site thus far and hope to spend more time here.  Thanks for all you do.  :)

« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 04:16:57 PM by Purple Sage »
I've known some pathological liars in my time, but 0 takes the prize.

Offline marv

• In Memoriam
  • Resident Grandpa
Re: Found the Intro Thread
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2013, 03:28:19 PM »
I've read some of your posts, and your intro also seems reasonable to me. I haven't seen the post Chris edited, and I know him to be a reasonable guy. But anyway,

...welcome aboard.

Texas Hill Country, huh? how close to Austin/San Antonio are you?
FOUR BOXES KEEP US FREE: THE SOAP BOX, THE BALLOT BOX, THE JURY BOX, AND THE CARTRIDGE BOX.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

Offline Purple Sage

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2013, 03:39:35 PM »
I've read some of your posts, and your intro also seems reasonable to me. I haven't seen the post Chris edited, and I know him to be a reasonable guy. But anyway,

I wasn't suggesting the edit was unreasonable.  I'm simply too dense to comprehend what was wrong with it.  I'm sure he'll message me about it later.  I don't want to make the same mistake again whatever it was.

...welcome aboard.
Thanks for the welcome.
Texas Hill Country, huh? how close to Austin/San Antonio are you?

Purdy close. 2 hours from Austin.  1/2 hour from San Antonio.

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2013, 04:00:50 PM »
Don't sweat the bitchslaps, they're nothing more than a window dressing.  For that matter, some members (cough - Eupher - cough) like to collect them.

Don't agree with your putting of fiscal conservatism first since corruption of finances has a corruption of the heart at its root.

Welcome to the cave.
"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

John C Calhoun, "Disquisition on Government", 1840

Offline Purple Sage

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2013, 04:07:17 PM »
Don't sweat the bitchslaps, they're nothing more than a window dressing.  For that matter, some members (cough - Eupher - cough) like to collect them.

Don't agree with your putting of fiscal conservatism first since corruption of finances has a corruption of the heart at its root.

Welcome to the cave.

Thanks so much.  I was worried there was a certain ratio at which point I would get the tombstone.  ;)

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2013, 04:11:10 PM »
Thanks so much.  I was worried there was a certain ratio at which point I would get the tombstone.  ;)

No such thing here.  As a matter of fact, when the hour wait is up, I'll give you another one.   :tongue:   :-)
"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

John C Calhoun, "Disquisition on Government", 1840

Offline Bad Dog

• God help me I do love it so
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2013, 04:15:27 PM »
No such thing here.  As a matter of fact, when the hour wait is up, I'll give you another one.   :tongue:   :-)

I have also administered a BS for excessive obsessing about reputation.  I would also notify the MILF if we had one.

Offline Purple Sage

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2013, 04:18:29 PM »

ROFL!  I'll wear them as a badge of pride!  Thank you!

Offline Purple Sage

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2013, 04:20:28 PM »
I have also administered a BS for excessive obsessing about reputation.  I would also notify the MILF if we had one.

Thank you as well.  LOL

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2013, 04:23:16 PM »
I would also notify the MILF if we had one.
We have one, but she's not online right now.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline J P Sousa

• We Built Our Business - IN SPITE OF GOVERNMENT
  • I love the smell of gun powder in the morning
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2013, 04:30:56 PM »
Welcome Sage, you will fit right in here.  :-)
John Wayne: "America Why I Love Her"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5ZGz7h0epU

Get Over It! We Are Not All Created Equal ~Capt Katie Petronio

Obama Wiretapped The Trump Tower...FACT

The reason there are so many stupid people is because it's illegal to kill them.
~John Wayne

Offline Purple Sage

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2013, 04:37:06 PM »
Welcome Sage, you will fit right in here.  :-)

Thank you very much.  I enjoy you guys.  I haven't laughed so much in quite a while.

Offline Bad Dog

• God help me I do love it so
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2013, 04:47:11 PM »
Thank you very much.  I enjoy you guys.  I haven't laughed so much in quite a while.

It's either laugh or cry.  And these assholes will never make me cry.

Offline Purple Sage

« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2013, 05:28:39 PM »
Much better to laugh… while working to thwart them for they know not what they do.

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2013, 05:33:57 PM »
Thanks so much.  I was worried there was a certain ratio at which point I would get the tombstone.  ;)

LOL -- it is possible to get kicked off this board, but BSs aren't the way.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2013, 05:34:50 PM »
It's either laugh or cry.  And these assholes will never make me cry.

A rock feels no pain...
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline Purple Sage

« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2013, 06:07:27 PM »
Sooooo glad to learn this.  hahaha! 

Offline thundley4

« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2013, 06:23:21 PM »
We have one, but she's not online right now.

One?  There are more than one on here.

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2013, 06:31:12 PM »
Welcome, from Kansas!

Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline Purple Sage

« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2013, 07:22:44 PM »
Thank you very much, Big Dog.  :)

Offline Dori

« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2013, 07:35:36 PM »
Your fine, you fit in here, and welcome.

Ignore the ratings. 
“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler

Offline Purple Sage

« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2013, 08:12:10 PM »
Thanks Dori.  :)

Offline Purple Sage

« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2013, 08:38:27 PM »
Finally rid of the "probie" tag. :postwhore:

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2013, 08:42:08 PM »
Slacker.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline biersmythe

• Molon Labe
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2013, 10:03:35 PM »
Welcome...
Teach a man to build a fire, and he will be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life!!!!

Knowledge is half the battle.
The other half is violence!

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

The box said: "Requires Windows XP or better." So i installed Linux.