Author Topic: It is illegal for Trump's acting IG to have started working at the State Departm  (Read 447 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
mahatmakanejeeves (28,699 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100213465927

I repeat: It is illegal for Trump's acting IG to have started working at the State Department.

I REPEAT:
IT IS ILLEGAL FOR TRUMP'S ACTING IG TO HAVE STARTED WORKING AT THE STATE DEPARTMENT THIS WEEK. THE LAW FORBIDS REMOVAL OF AN IG DURING THE 30-DAY NOTICE PERIOD. IF EVEN FOUR SENATE REPUBLICANS CARED ABOUT LAWS, THEY WOULD STOP THIS BY BLOCKING TRUMP'S NOMINEES. GOT IT?

:whatever:

Star Member spanone (120,645 posts)

3. trump is a lawless 'president'. Laws do not apply to him or anyone in his administration.

The thing with laws is, if no one enforces them, then they are just words on paper.

No one is enforcing any laws pertaining to trump & co.

We're closer to a dictatorship than our democracy has ever been.

ScratchCat (1,142 posts)

4. Then why would the Democrats even participate in the confirmation? Don't participate and state that its illegal. WTF is wrong with Democrats? Will they not learn their lesson from the Barr nomination?

samsingh (14,857 posts)

7. he does alot of illegal stuff and NO ONE stops him

yaesu (3,913 posts)

8. there are no laws in a lawless society that is, this fascist state. nt

NoRoadUntravelled (322 posts)

13. Every day another bad news story about this administration's disregard for Rule of Law.

:whatever:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
yaesu (3,913 posts)

8. there are no laws in a lawless society that is, this fascist state. nt

To quote Inigo Montoya. You keep using those words. I do not think they mean what you think they mean.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline jukin

I await the specific US Code that this refers to. Until that is provided I will consider this just more monkey masturbation.. which most certainy is.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline SVPete

So, other than a couple weeks' delay, so what?! What're DUpipo afraid will be found?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.