The Help Desk > Suggestions and Feedback

Registration Agreement

<< < (2/6) > >>

Chris_:
We had a new member a couple months ago get bent out of shape and started deleting his posts.  It was the only thing we could come up with that would prevent it from happening again.

http://www.conservativecave.com/index.php/topic,45959.msg505813.html#msg505813

Chris:
I made a couple changes.  The ability to edit a post will be limited to fifteen minutes for all members.  New members will be able to edit a post during that time frame, but will not be able to delete any of their posts during a probation period.

IassaFTots:

--- Quote from: IassaFTots on September 02, 2010, 01:00:05 PM ---Uh.....shouldn't that say will NOT have the ability to blah blah blah?

--- End quote ---

dude.  My bad.  Read it too fast.  It's right. 

Mea Culpa. 

Eupher:

--- Quote from: Chris on September 02, 2010, 01:28:48 PM ---I made a couple changes.  The ability to edit a post will be limited to fifteen minutes for all members.  New members will be able to edit a post during that time frame, but will not be able to delete any of their posts during a probation period.

--- End quote ---

Sorry to muddy the waters, but are you saying that ALL MEMBERS will lose the ability to edit their own posts after 15 minutes? But will retain the ability to delete their own posts once past the probation period?

If so, that doesn't make a lot of sense to me. If I want to fix a typo I wrote a year ago because it's bugging the shit out of me (I ain't OCD, really I ain't), I can't do so? But I can delete the whole damned thing?

:???:

Chris_:
yes :p

You can PM an admin if you spot something you want corrected.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version