Author Topic: lying titty primitive gets friendly with deliveryman  (Read 3057 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
lying titty primitive gets friendly with deliveryman
« on: May 29, 2008, 03:53:57 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=268x576

Oh my.

The lying titty primitive a little later in the bonfire visits the rural primitives.

oscar111  (1000+ posts) Tue Jun-13-06 03:16 AM
Original message

UPS, FedEx deliver to rural houses?

hi all, I am planning to move to a rural house, and i wonder if i can believe these delivery companies when they say they deliver. Do they really? Do they just leave heavy boxes at a roadside mailbox, if you have a long driveway that is not too solid looking? Or just leave things at the roadside even if you do have a fine paved drive?

Let me know the real dirt on these companies. Been burned by corporations so many times.

AndyTiedye  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Tue Jun-13-06 03:23 AM
Response to Original message

1. They Deliver to Us At The End of a Short Private Dirt Road

Now if the road is more like a jeep trail or it has a gate, they probably won't.

TomInTib  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Tue Jun-13-06 03:24 AM

2. It is an hour's drive to the gate.

And that is where FedEx and UPS leaves it (at the gate).

But they give us a call and let us know when a package will be delivered.

Get friendly with your delvery services.

One wonders what kind of digs the lying titty primitive was living in, in 2006.

lindisfarne  (1000+ posts) Tue Jun-13-06 03:28 AM

3. I think they may add a fuel surcharge, seeing as distances are so much greater between rural homes. You may want to investigate before moving if it's a big deal to you - although the US Mail will certainly deliver - and no added fuel charge.

EST  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Tue Jun-13-06 03:44 AM

4. As a long time consumer of delivery services, amounting to up to $10 K per week, sometimes and deliveries every day, sometimes twice a day and sometimes overflow on saturday, I've had numerous conversations with delivery services.

They are not obligated to deliver unless there is someone physically present. They are not required to go off the main thoroughfare. There are many things they don't actually have to do, so if you are pretty far out in the country, as I am, be prepared for the occasional fight and keep track of the person(s) who drives your route most of the time. Be aware of substitute drivers and, as with any business associate with whom you work closely, learn a bit about their families, their interests, etc and remember them on holidays. Everyone responds to genteel bribes.

Sweetness and light as well as a little gentle persuasion can work wonders. A shitty, demanding attitude can result in little red stickers on your storm door and lots of time consuming trips to the local ups terminal.

EST  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Tue Jun-13-06 03:57 AM

5. As a further note to the above reply, Fedx really sucks, even worse than ups.

fasttense  (1000+ posts) Tue Jun-13-06 07:21 AM

6. We live in a very rural area

I've never had a problem with ordering off the internet and getting things in a timely manner. I would be in big trouble if I couldn't order through the internet. There are so many things around here you can't get from local vendors, like good books. I have to travel over an hour to find a decent book store that doesn't just sell christian crap.

morningglory  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Tue Jun-13-06 07:25 AM

7. Kinda funny story: We live in a somewhat rural area, where little "suburbs" have grown up around a smallish town and continued to grow until their "city" limits were touching. Sort of like Atlanta on a small scale, with their Norcross, Lilburn, Marietta. We lived in outer Lilburn, but our postal address was Norcross.

Where we live now, every little "town" has a 3rd Street. They don't connect. It is like Peachtree Street in Atlanta, on a teeny-tiny scale. FedEx finds us easily, as well as UPS, but my husband got a $28,000 check, and to be safe, it was sent via DHL, which does not do much business here. It was a week late and a farmer drove up and said "this was thrown on our porch, and we've been trying to figure out where it should go."

That is the other thing, they just throw things up onto your porch, because there is not much crime. We have lived in many rural areas and FedEx as well as UPS always can find you. DHL is probably great in an area where their delivery people are experienced.

SheilaT  (1000+ posts) Tue Jun-13-06 10:35 AM

8. Makes you appreciate that for a mere thirty-nine cents the U.S. Post Office will deliver it anywhere.

Any time someone complains about the high cost of mailing a letter, just hand them and envelope and the thirty-nine cents and ask them if they'd be willing to get it to West Podunk themselves.

And the Post Office will likewise deliver packages anywhere.

Most of the delivery services will not deliver to a Post Office Box. But the USPS will.

Robb  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Thu Jun-22-06 11:08 PM
Response to Reply #8

9. We have sorta the opposite situation

...No rural mail delivery (free PO boxes in the center of town, so who's complaining). Always have to explain to people you can't send mail to my street address, only the PO box. Unless it's UPS or FedEx, who come to the door.

I echo a sentiment above: be good to your rural delivery person, whichever company it is. They tend to be the same person for years, cookies for the holidays and a sixer for July 4.

oscar111  (1000+ posts) Sun Jun-25-06 10:40 AM
Response to Reply #8

10. right.. Alas tho, most net compaies seem not to allow one a choice of ship of shippers. So USPS is oft not a possibility. Right? Radio shak uses fedex, no choice, for example. PS i read that some carriers have had a problem with drivers stealing. And, the USPS has also had carriers who steal mail. Or just store it in their garage, overflowing.

I dunno.

franksolich lives 70 miles away from his post office box, and 4 miles away from the rural mailbox.

franksolich doesn't have any problems getting things delivered.

The primitives make the world seem more complicated, more difficult, than it really is.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Lord Undies

Re: lying titty primitive gets friendly with deliveryman
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2008, 04:00:42 PM »

To the Gates of Hell maybe.  This guy is pathelogical.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2008, 04:02:33 PM »

You know, I'm checking on the lies of the lying titty primitive circa mid-2006.

I'll see if I come across any mention of living on Barbra Streisand's palatial grounds.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2008, 04:07:49 PM »

I'll see if I come across any mention of living on Barbra Streisand's palatial grounds.

He'd have to be living in the middle of the King Ranch for it to take an hour to "get to the gate". 

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2008, 04:09:17 PM »

He'd have to be living in the middle of the King Ranch for it to take an hour to "get to the gate". 

Maybe he was, in 2006.  Or allegedly so.

It wouldn't be any stranger than any of the other tales the lying titty primitive's told.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Vagabond

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2008, 06:02:20 PM »

I've been an hour from the gates of hell.  The really disturbing part was when the devil drove past me in a Cadillac, windows rolled up and the A/C on laughing his ass off at me.

I'll give Titty a slight pass on this one.  I have know some people that between forest land and their private property were a very long way off any road UPS will travel.
There comes a time when even good men must run up the black flag of anarchy and slit throats. - H.L. Mencken

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2008, 06:29:24 PM »
I have to agree with Frank.
Find a map of Nebraska. Fold it in half and look at the western half. Find the Panhandle. Look on the northern half. Find highway 20. Find Gordon. head east on highway 20. Find Merriman. Go back west about halfway to Gordon. Stop. Head south about 35 miles. (no. there is no roads, well....there are gravel roads.) Stop.

You are in the Sandhills. UPS and FEDEX deliver there.

I know.
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline LC EFA

• Hickus Australianus
  • In Memoriam
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2008, 06:49:25 PM »
Tom's getting his dates and locations confused.

In 2006 he's definatly in tiburon, CA

{edit ; wrong quote
}

TomInTib  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Wed May-31-06 11:44 PM
Response to Reply #10
11. He plays here pretty regularly (a town of 5,000)

Schoenberg Guitars (OM28.com).

I have a George Washburn New Model (1862) that I took to Elderly in Lansing, Michigan, to have the neck reset. I was living in Dallas at the time.
The luthier looked at the guitar and asked his assistant for Eric Schoenberg's number because the dude was afraid of the guitar (there are only two known to exist with original tooled leather cases - mine and James Taylor's). So I flew back to Dallas with it.

The day after I moved to Tiburon, I went down the hill and walked along our tiny Main Street.

Saw a sign - 'Eric Shoenberg - Guitars'. Blown completely away.

So Eric books great players into this place that seats 20 (that's right - twenty people) to see people like Leo Kottke, Roy Bookbinder, Del Rey, Jorma, etc.

BTW, 'Lamp Trimmed and Burnin' was originally by the great Blind Willie Johnson. He makes Robert Johnson look like a lightweight (no offense, here, I also love Johnson).
If you like, I will dig back into my collection and tell you which Blind Willie to get.

Tom

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=364x1324364

TomInTib  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Sun Jun-25-06 01:30 AM
Response to Reply #17
19. OK, you go your way and I'll go mine..

google 'Dominical','Costa Rica', and see where I am going.

And I live in Tiburon,CA, one of the coolest places in the US. And I am leaving.

Costa Rica will be riding high while the good ol' USA will be swirling down the toilet.

And I spent 39 months in combat ('69-72) for this ****ing cesspool.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=364x1501560

Note that these posts bracket his hour's drive post.

He has alluded to living on a Texas Ranch; and some unabomber style place that's  north-west of Houston.

I think he's just tied such a complicated lie, that he's unable to maintain consistency.

Slightly OT but I found this while digging up links..

TomInTib  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Tue Jul-17-07 12:00 AM
Response to Reply #10
11. I am just a fool for non-domesticated animals.

I had an elephant for a companion until I was 13 years old (she slept outside my bedroom window).

And I am involved in "rescue" (Marin Humane Society).

But a coyote hybrid would just blow you away.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x1351232

An elephant... *SNORT*  :lmao:
« Last Edit: May 29, 2008, 06:57:01 PM by LC EFA »

Offline Vagabond

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2008, 08:04:11 PM »
A unabomber style shack Northwest of Houston?  I revise my earlier remarks, the area Northwest of Houston is too populated to really put someone in a position to be one hour from a parcel delivery point.  Had he said Northwest of San Antonio, it would be more possible.

Also an elephant, when he was younger than thirteen (and he ain't no spring chicken)?  So, were his parents carnival side shows or circus freaks?  I mean those are roughly the only logical options for him to be not fabricating truth.
There comes a time when even good men must run up the black flag of anarchy and slit throats. - H.L. Mencken

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2008, 08:25:33 PM »

I've been an hour from the gates of hell.  The really disturbing part was when the devil drove past me in a Cadillac, windows rolled up and the A/C on laughing his ass off at me.

I'll give Titty a slight pass on this one.  I have know some people that between forest land and their private property were a very long way off any road UPS will travel.

But he's talking about "his" gate. Pretty sure that POS doesn't own THAT much damn land. I can drive 20-30 miles on a gravel road in an hour.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2008, 09:29:19 PM »
Just so folks know how it works.

Fedex runs three delivery services...emergency,ground and home.
So far as I know they are independently contracted in that the driver owns their own vehicle,pays for the fuel,etc.
A ground package with Fedex has a 5 day delivery window from a certain point so if a driver doesn`t want to take the time or fuel until they have to that is part of the package.

Any advertised guarantees of a delivery time from Fedex or UPS are subject to much fine print....you almost have to be within eyesight of the depot to get a morning delivery and pretty much the same for Saturday.

I am not talking out my a$$,have spent many hours on the phone arguing with both.

My experience fwiw is that Fedex is much worse at timely rural deliveries which is why we don`t use them at work.
Both can allow the shipper to not require a signature for delivery.

DUmmies never know the facts before they start talking.

Offline Vagabond

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2008, 10:12:00 PM »

But he's talking about "his" gate. Pretty sure that POS doesn't own THAT much damn land. I can drive 20-30 miles on a gravel road in an hour.

True, you can travel 20-30 miles an hour with a decent vehicle on a gravel road.  Make that same Road a narrow unpredictable logging trail through rough swampy terrain, and even with a good vehicle your going to move very slow.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2008, 11:49:30 PM »

I used to have a truck like that too, when I was 15.   :whatever:

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2008, 12:21:42 AM »

I used to have a truck like that too, when I was 15.   :whatever:

KC

My friend down the street had something like that when we were 6

Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline stickyboot

« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2008, 12:55:47 AM »

TiT was poor in his early childhood and his mother supposedly re-married way up. I don't think he's ever said what happened to his father. I suspect this is the same "we" that has the cattle and racehorses and so forth. So if stepdad and family still have a place in Texas, this could be what he means. Blanks to be filled in eventually over in the "TiT's Greatest Hits."

Offline JakeStyle

« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2008, 03:25:23 AM »
TominTib is a lying sack.  And I think we should make an effort to refer to him as TominTib rather than TiT or TiTboy; google is our friend.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2008, 05:02:56 AM »
TominTib is a lying sack.  And I think we should make an effort to refer to him as TominTib rather than TiT or TiTboy; google is our friend.

I'm on board.  Coach?
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2008, 07:09:56 AM »

I'm on board.  Coach?

If I understand correctly how Google works, just so one has a single reference to "TomInTib" (his official primitive screen-name), Google picks it up.  And that's usually in his comments that are quoted here.

And so it seems to me, unless I'm wrong, as long as "TomInTib" shows up just one time in a thread, then it's okay to refer to that lying sack of excrement in any way one wishes.

We had a problem with this earlier here, where people were copying-and-pasting from Skins's island, but inadvertently omitting the official primitive screen-names (i.e., they were copying-and-pasting the comment, and not the poster too), but that's been fixed.  We wanted the official primitive screen-name to show up (at least one time), so the primitive could find himself on Google.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline LC EFA

• Hickus Australianus
  • In Memoriam
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2008, 07:14:59 AM »
I just searched for TominTib (without all the other garbage used to filter results when DUmpsterdiving) with google. Our Musical Introspective thread came up 4th in the list  :-)