Author Topic: Too many Trump retweets and likes--must be Russian shenanigans  (Read 229715 times)

Offline Delmar

Fri Aug 30, 2019, 08:33 PM
Star Member icymist (14,148 posts)

Has anyone noticed that when 45 tweets it is instantly retweeted hundreds of times?

Here's what I observed about half an hour ago; Tweetler posted this about Comey:

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
 “They could have charged Comey with theft of government documents, 641 of the Criminal Code, because the IG found these were not his personal documents, these were government documents.” @GreggJarrett  “Comey’s claim that these were just his own personal recollections would not..

6:54 PM - Aug 30, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy

8,812 people are talking about this

?s=20

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
“They could have charged Comey with theft of government documents, 641 of the Criminal Code, because the IG found these were not his personal documents, these were government documents.” @GreggJarrett “Comey’s claim that these were just his own personal recollections would not..

4:54 PM - Aug 30, 2019

Two minutes after it hits Twitter it was at 800 retweets and 2.5K+ likes. The counters were literally revolving. Like every second. This is not normal. On other people's tweets the counter would turn over every now and then. And certainly not within two minutes!
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100212423572

The only explanation that the primitives can come up with for the popularity of Trump tweets is Russian shenanigans.

sakabatou (36,290 posts)
1. It's probably a shit-ton of bots that do it
Eliot Rosewater (22,053 posts)
2. kgb
guillaumeb (35,294 posts)
3. Working overtime in St.Petersburg.

And not the one in Florida.
icymist (14,148 posts)
4. It would be interesting to see where all those retweets and likes are coming from.
From his supporters, dumb ass.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline landofconfusion80

Re: Too many Trump retweets and likes--must be Russian shenanigans
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2019, 09:13:37 PM »
Must...direct...attention...away...from...dorsey... hack...
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline SVPete

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2019, 07:25:55 AM »
Fri Aug 30, 2019, 08:33 PM
Star Member icymist (14,148 posts)

Has anyone noticed that when 45 tweets it is instantly retweeted hundreds of times?
Two minutes after it hits Twitter it was at 800 retweets and 2.5K+ likes. The counters were literally revolving. Like every second. This is not normal. On other people's tweets the counter would turn over every now and then. And certainly not within two minutes!

sakabatou (36,290 posts)
1. It's probably a shit-ton of bots that do it

Eliot Rosewater (22,053 posts)
2. kgb

guillaumeb (35,294 posts)
3. Working overtime in St.Petersburg.

And not the one in Florida.

Or maybe it's that Trump's Twitter activity is fairly predictable and that many normal American people follow what he does. Even the MSM folk who hate Trump keep an eye on his Twitter, because Trump has made it news, and they can't afford to be scooped by their competitors. And BTW, ANY President - R or D - using Twitter is outside of "normal". Because they are/were President of the US.

On Twitter's side, do even DU-Morons believe Trump's "Followers", likes, and reTweets are not constantly scrutinized by Twitter for bots, fakes, and organized foreign activity? If only due to constant howling - like this DU-thread - by DU-Moron-Grade Progs? If there were any more of that among Trump-related activity than among that of Name of Dem Candidate it would be squashed and made public.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2019, 12:16:37 PM »
From what I understand considering I don't do Twitter, mega pop stars have more followers than President Trump.  Are we to believe that insipid followers of say a Taylor Swift are all Russian bots retweeting as well?
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline SVPete

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2019, 02:41:56 PM »
From what I understand considering I don't do Twitter, mega pop stars have more followers than President Trump.  Are we to believe that insipid followers of say a Taylor Swift are all Russian bots retweeting as well?

I don't do Twitter either, but like you, I think the only context from which DU-folk derive their idea of what is "normal" is from their accounts, if they have one, and their hatred for Donald Trump. Based on the latter they cannot handle the idea that Trump really has millions of Followers and 10s of thousands who wait for his daily Tweet-storm.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2019, 07:20:00 PM »
I do do Twitter, and am one of President Trump’s followers there.  He’s prolific, yes, because the media would filter his message to say what they want it to say.  This way, the public sees what he wants to show.  It’s a bypass of the media, and the media hates that.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Karin

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2019, 07:25:14 PM »
^^ That's been the rub all along, BSS.  It pisses the media off, it pisses the DUmmies off.  They've made outraged posts saying "HE WILL NOT STOP TWEETING."  Neither does Cher, but who cares?   :lmao:

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2019, 08:08:42 PM »
^^ That's been the rub all along, BSS.  It pisses the media off, it pisses the DUmmies off.  They've made outraged posts saying "HE WILL NOT STOP TWEETING."  Neither does Cher, but who cares?   :lmao:
They really dont want cher tweeting either with her opinion on illegals

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2019, 03:06:38 AM »
They really dont want cher tweeting either with her opinion on illegals

Who?
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline ExGeeEye

• We don't need another
  • Spread the work ethic; the wealth will follow.
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2019, 05:18:48 AM »
Or maybe it's that Trump's Twitter activity is fairly predictable and that many normal American people follow what he does. Even the MSM folk who hate Trump keep an eye on his Twitter, because Trump has made it news, and they can't afford to be scooped by their competitors. And BTW, ANY President - R or D - using Twitter is outside of "normal". Because they are/were President of the US.

I joined Twitter for one reason only: PDJT is on it, and I can get his own thoughts (even if, as I expect, typed by an intermediary-- they read like speech transcribed) without the lyinenemedia filter.
My CCW permit was issued in 1791.

Charter Member: Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy
Associate Member: Basket of Deplorables
Charter Member: Listless Vessels

Offline Aristotelian

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2019, 07:47:56 AM »
I do do Twitter, and am one of President Trump’s followers there.  He’s prolific, yes, because the media would filter his message to say what they want it to say.  This way, the public sees what he wants to show.  It’s a bypass of the media, and the media hates that.

And we have a winner. They're losing their control of the message, they're losing the ability to manipulate and to frame the discussions...so they hate it (and they hate him).

Similar things going over here with Boris using social media to interact with the people rather than be interviewed by leftist media.

Offline DUmpDiver

« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2019, 03:21:12 PM »
It’s a bypass of the media, and the media hates that.

Yep.  Trump gets to control his own narrative and go directly to the people.