Author Topic: Pasta  (Read 4517 times)

Offline littlelamb

• Banned
Pasta
« on: December 07, 2010, 10:35:17 AM »
My kids love pasta but are tired of spaghetti and lasagna any ideas to mix it up some?
Good girls are bad girls that never get caught.

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it and then misapplying the wrong remedies.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: Pasta
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2010, 10:35:57 AM »
Pesto and diced tomatoes served with the usual crusty bread.

I forget the name of this stuff, but it was an appetizer that was served at a restaurant I used to work at.  It was basically garlic bread covered in a thin layer of tomato slices with bruscetta and toasted.  It was good.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 11:44:11 AM by chris_ »
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline debk

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2010, 01:29:42 PM »
Penne pasta with alfredo sauce.

Saute a bit of onion and mushrooms in a little bit of olive oil, add some leftover cooked chicken and dump it into the cooked pasta and sauce. You can buy alfredo already made if you don't want to do it yourself, but it's pretty easy to do yourself.
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline TVDOC

• General Malcontent and
  • Sic Transit Gloria Mundi
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2010, 01:40:13 PM »
Penne pasta with alfredo sauce.

Saute a bit of onion and mushrooms in a little bit of olive oil, add some leftover cooked chicken and dump it into the cooked pasta and sauce. You can buy alfredo already made if you don't want to do it yourself, but it's pretty easy to do yourself.

We use almost the exact same recipe, only we substitute some frozen shrimp and cooked broccoli to the mixture, iinstead of the chicken.

doc
"Study the past if you wish to define the future"

Confucius

Offline debk

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2010, 01:45:41 PM »
We use almost the exact same recipe, only we substitute some frozen shrimp and cooked broccoli to the mixture, iinstead of the chicken.

doc

As long as it's already cooked prior to going into the Alfredo, just about any combination of protein and vegetables will work.

Just can't cook something in the Alfredo....it may curdle the sauce or not be cooked enough.
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

Offline true_blood

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2010, 08:19:28 PM »
Penne pasta is awesome or some Ziti. Maybe a kind of meat sauce for a change? Serve up some garlic bread as well. Good stuff.
Now,....I'm hungry. :drool: :lmao:

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2010, 08:24:12 PM »
I do pasta and peas with chicken. Throw frozen peas in with a minute or two left on the pasta. Drain. Add some butter, parm cheese and a little of the pasta water to make a light sauce. Some garlic and onion powder, and some grilled/boiled chicken. Toss. Switch broccoli or green beans for the peas if you want. My kids go ape over this amazingly easy recipe.
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2010, 08:52:39 PM »
Knorr puts out a really good Pesto Sauce in a package, I just fry up some sausages, add it to the sauce then put it on Spaghetti, Ziti or Cavatelli. Also I love Penne Vodka. Also I grew up eating this, fry some Garlic in Olive Oil, pour the Olive Oil and Garlic on Spaghetti, add some Salt and Pepper, it's awesome.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline JLO

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2010, 09:09:33 PM »
My kids love pasta but are tired of spaghetti and lasagna any ideas to mix it up some?

Our going-to-town grocery shopping is limited to almost once a month, so I also shop at Schwans.  They are a MN company, but deliver twice a month everywhere.

This page has some ideas to cook yourself or buy.

http://www.schwans.com/products/categoryDetail.aspx?viewAll=true&c1=11452&c2=9434.

6-cheese Tortellini is very good - first I ever heard of it, and now I'm hooked.

Giving money and power to Democrats is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys--

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2010, 08:00:12 AM »
Our going-to-town grocery shopping is limited to almost once a month, so I also shop at Schwans.  They are a MN company, but deliver twice a month everywhere.

This page has some ideas to cook yourself or buy.

http://www.schwans.com/products/categoryDetail.aspx?viewAll=true&c1=11452&c2=9434.

6-cheese Tortellini is very good - first I ever heard of it, and now I'm hooked.

Schwan's has some good products, but they are kind of expensive.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline whiffleball

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2010, 08:29:24 AM »
When I want something different than plain pasta I cheat and use prepared raviolis from Trader Joes.  They have a wide variety and every one I've tried is delicious.  Also, not too expensive for prepackaged.  Better than Buitonni brand.

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2010, 05:03:34 PM »
 Fettuccine Alfredo with shrimp and broccoli........................YUM.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline littlelamb

• Banned
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2010, 05:06:04 PM »
My kids would love the shrimp me I am deathly allergic to shell fish so I may pass :-)
Good girls are bad girls that never get caught.

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it and then misapplying the wrong remedies.

Offline debk

« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2010, 06:00:04 PM »
Fettuccine Alfredo with shrimp and broccoli........................YUM.

I'm craving pasta.....Alfredo with shrimp sounds marvelous!!!  :drool:

Offline JLO

« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2010, 07:41:22 PM »
My childhood favorite was tuna noodle hotdish.   It's still my standby favorite comfort food.  Egg noodles, cream of mushroom soup (of course), tuna, fresh mushrooms if I have them, and peas.  I crumble a few potato chips on top, instead of the bread crumbs in this pic.  Yum - now I'm hungry for it.  :lmao:

Giving money and power to Democrats is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys--

Offline thundley4

« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2010, 07:49:03 PM »
My childhood favorite was tuna noodle hotdish.   It's still my standby favorite comfort food.  Egg noodles, cream of mushroom soup (of course), tuna, fresh mushrooms if I have them, and peas.  I crumble a few potato chips on top, instead of the bread crumbs in this pic.  Yum - now I'm hungry for it.  :lmao:

That looks a lot like Tuna Helper, which by the way is the only way my wife will eat fish.

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2010, 10:50:05 AM »
Now that there is some FINE white trash cook'in.   :cheersmate:
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline Thor

• In Memoriam
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2010, 11:00:11 AM »

What's with Minnesotans and their hot dishes??
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline JLO

« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2010, 09:03:43 PM »
What's with Minnesotans and their hot dishes??

It defines us, who we are in the world.  Initially, I was a cheesehead.   :cheersmate:

Offline Thor

• In Memoriam
« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2010, 03:56:32 AM »
It defines us, who we are in the world.  Initially, I was a cheesehead.   :cheersmate:

Not much difference between Cheeseheads & Minnesotans.....