Author Topic: Good Texas BBQ Joint  (Read 9251 times)

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
Re: Good Texas BBQ Joint
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2010, 08:22:24 AM »
FINE, then.  Ribs AND crab cakes!

Anyone else want some lobsters?

Sparky, keep your lobster out of the Texas BBQ thread!   :banghead:
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2010, 08:58:55 AM »
Sparky, keep your lobster out of the Texas BBQ thread!   :banghead:

Why?  You can BBQ lobsters while you BBQ ribs.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2010, 10:54:23 AM »
Why?  You can BBQ lobsters while you BBQ ribs.

Damned Yankees..........  :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :fuelfire: :tongue:
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2010, 11:04:17 AM »

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2010, 05:53:26 AM »
:werd:

Yeah, it wouldn't be appropriate to show this in a BBQ thread:

Or this:

Or this:

The horror.  The horror.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2010, 06:21:49 AM »
Damn Yankee.   :censored:

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2010, 07:01:04 AM »
Damn Yankee.   :censored:

Aw, you're just pissed because I can BBQ too.

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2010, 07:04:57 AM »

No, I am pissed because I ain't had a lobster roll since 98. :bawl:

Offline Scoobie

« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2010, 09:53:51 AM »

Yes, YES you can.  :yum:

Maybe you should have shown me those pics BEFORE you came down...I might have changed my mind about the "no lobster" decision.  :thatsright:
When we are motivated by goals that have deep meaning, by dreams that need completion, by pure love that needs expressing -- then we truly live life.

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2010, 10:01:22 AM »
Yes, YES you can.  :yum:

Maybe you should have shown me those pics BEFORE you came down...I might have changed my mind about the "no lobster" decision.  :thatsright:

"No lobster" decision????    I question your judgement.  And your sanity.   :o

Offline Scoobie

« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2010, 01:49:05 PM »
"No lobster" decision????    I question your judgement.  And your sanity.   :o

You and me both.    :lmao:

That said, and given the choice, I'll take his bbq'd steak tips over a silly ol' bug any day of the week. The boy has mad steak grillin' skilz.

However, if he ever decides to chef up his lobster casserole dish for me, I may have a change of heart. We'll see.

When we are motivated by goals that have deep meaning, by dreams that need completion, by pure love that needs expressing -- then we truly live life.

Offline Thor

• In Memoriam
« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2010, 05:12:20 PM »

Yankees don't "BBQ", they grill............ big difference.........
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2010, 05:29:30 PM »
Yankees don't "BBQ", they grill............ big difference.........

"We grilled our way from Atlanta to the sea,
While we were marching though Georgia!"
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Thor

• In Memoriam
« Reply #38 on: September 11, 2010, 06:07:20 PM »
"We grilled our way from Atlanta to the sea,
While we were marching though Georgia!"

:bird: :mental:

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2010, 09:19:22 AM »

:bird: :mental:

I'll remember that as I "grill" my ribs today.  230 degrees, 5-6 hours, baste in apple juice every hour.

Oh, FWIW, I did put the rub on last night, so it should have penetrated nice and deep into the meat.  Nice smoke ring when I pull it off.

And yeah, it's store bought wet sauce I'm going to put on at the end, but Stubbs Spicy is just SOOOOOOOO good.

Add the crab cake appetizers, it's gonna be a good day.

Offline Thor

• In Memoriam
« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2010, 06:42:02 PM »
I'll remember that as I "grill" my ribs today.  230 degrees, 5-6 hours, baste in apple juice every hour.

Oh, FWIW, I did put the rub on last night, so it should have penetrated nice and deep into the meat.  Nice smoke ring when I pull it off.

And yeah, it's store bought wet sauce I'm going to put on at the end, but Stubbs Spicy is just SOOOOOOOO good.

Add the crab cake appetizers, it's gonna be a good day.

baste with apple juice?? that's teh ghey.......  Isn't Stubbs BBQ sauce from TEXAS (a SOUTHERN state) ??? WHY YES IT IS   :rotf:   Now, please tell why there aren't any decent Yankee BBQ sauces??

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #41 on: September 13, 2010, 12:01:59 AM »
baste with apple juice?? that's teh ghey.......  Isn't Stubbs BBQ sauce from TEXAS (a SOUTHERN state) ??? WHY YES IT IS   :rotf:   Now, please tell why there aren't any decent Yankee BBQ sauces??

I dunno...probably the same reason Mexican food in Texas tastes like it came from someone's ass.  Or that you wouldn't know fish or seafood if it bit you.

Texas cuisine--that's not a cuisine, that's a PENANCE!

But that's okay, go ahead and think that your cuisine actually MEANS something.

Oh, and the basting with apple juice?  That's a little trick I learned when I found the rub/sauce recipe.  Something about being from a 7-time world champion...does the name Paul Kirk ring a bell?