Author Topic: What is your specialty?  (Read 12865 times)

Offline soleil

What is your specialty?
« on: August 15, 2010, 06:50:23 PM »
I have a few things that everyone seems to love (or so they say. I hate having my food judged lol). But I think my best is my homemade pot pie. My husband thinks it is my lasagna, but I am going to say my pot pie.

Offline debk

Re: What is your specialty?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2010, 07:30:55 PM »
Beef Stroganoff or Stuffed Beef Tenderloin for main course.

NY Cheesecake or Peach Cobbler for dessert.

Potato Cheese Soup or Chicken Noodle Soup for soup.

Caramel Pecan Sticky Buns for "just because".
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline soleil

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2010, 07:43:06 PM »
Beef Stroganoff or Stuffed Beef Tenderloin for main course.

NY Cheesecake or Peach Cobbler for dessert.

Potato Cheese Soup or Chicken Noodle Soup for soup.

Caramel Pecan Sticky Buns for "just because".

Mmm!! All sounds yummy--minus the chicken noodle soup. It just reminds me of being sick, which I hate because it is good.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2010, 07:55:12 PM »
I like paella.  I change it around and use different things, but it's usually shrimp, chicken, and sausage with lots of vegetables.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline littlelamb

• Banned
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2010, 12:36:20 AM »
I have been told I make the best Chicken Divine it is my kids favorite meal
Good girls are bad girls that never get caught.

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it and then misapplying the wrong remedies.

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2010, 07:58:02 AM »
Whenever I have a "git-together"  most of my buddies crash at my house, because of the drive, and the fact they have been imbibing.

So, I will say breakfast.  All kinds, from Eggs Benedict, to Egg Casserole, to Biscuits and Sausage Gravy.
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2010, 12:39:35 PM »
Mexican food. 
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2010, 12:48:01 PM »
My sister's coming in from Phoenix and the thing she actually begged for was my lasagna. She claims she wants a recipe and gets frustrated when I tell her I can't give it to her because I don't measure a damned thing. I do what looks and tastes right.

I can make my own noodles, but I don't. I don't have the pasta roller/equipment and I ain't buyin' it.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2010, 12:49:03 PM »
I like lasagna.  The problem is it's always better on the second day and I can't wait that long.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline ColonialMarine0431

• DEUS VULT
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2010, 01:08:41 PM »
Pot Roast. I marinate it overnight in vinegar with fresh garlic and onions bits pushed into little holes I make. Then sear it in olive oil the next day to brown it. Then I pour 2 cups of strong coffee in with 2 cups of water and simmer for 4 hours. Then I add carrots, potatos and onions for the last hour or so.

Good eats!  :drool:
I'll See Your Jihad and Raise You One Crusade

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2010, 02:12:38 PM »
Pot Roast. I marinate it overnight in vinegar with fresh garlic and onions bits pushed into little holes I make. Then sear it in olive oil the next day to brown it. Then I pour 2 cups of strong coffee in with 2 cups of water and simmer for 4 hours. Then I add carrots, potatos and onions for the last hour or so.

Good eats!  :drool:

With the vinegar and all, it reads more like sauerbraten than pot roast -- but even sauerbraten needs to marinade for several days, not just overnight.

Offline ColonialMarine0431

• DEUS VULT
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2010, 02:32:52 PM »
With the vinegar and all, it reads more like sauerbraten than pot roast -- but even sauerbraten needs to marinade for several days, not just overnight.

It's very similar to sauerbraten, but by marinating for just 24 hours it's a bit different. And I smother it in veggies at the end. Good eats.  :cheersmate:
I'll See Your Jihad and Raise You One Crusade

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2010, 02:40:59 PM »
I took an arm roast last night before going to bed, seasoned it, dropped it in a Crockpot on top of a mirepoix bed and garlic, threw in some thyme, added a can of veggie broth, tossed in a little bit of Prego, then turned it on low.

Smelled right nice this morning at 0500! I took the bone out and taunted the dogs with it.

Lexie got it for lunch. Belle would have been pissed, but I took it from Lexie and gave it to Belle so she can gnaw on it inside her crate. There was still some marrow inside the bone.

Offline debk

« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2010, 03:40:28 PM »
I took an arm roast last night before going to bed, seasoned it, dropped it in a Crockpot on top of a mirepoix bed and garlic, threw in some thyme, added a can of veggie broth, tossed in a little bit of Prego, then turned it on low.

Smelled right nice this morning at 0500! I took the bone out and taunted the dogs with it.

Lexie got it for lunch. Belle would have been pissed, but I took it from Lexie and gave it to Belle so she can gnaw on it inside her crate. There was still some marrow inside the bone.

Who "donated" an arm?  :o :o :o

I have cooked legs, shanks, butts, shoulders, ribs.....and none of that stuff came from bodies with arms.
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2010, 04:37:24 PM »
Who "donated" an arm?  :o :o :o

I have cooked legs, shanks, butts, shoulders, ribs.....and none of that stuff came from bodies with arms.

That's what my slaughterhouse guy did and how he labeled the piece of meat. It's probably a leg. Had a good-sized bone in it with lots of marrow.

Offline Mike220

• Proud owner of a
  • Ron Swanson is my hero
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2010, 05:36:28 PM »
Baking. I can bake just about anything, plus its fun to experiment.

I'm also pretty good on the grill. Going to do a brisket soon. Looking for a good recipe though.
Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer "extortion." The "X" makes it sound cool. - Bender

"jews run the media" -- CreativeChristie
Woohoo! Bow to me peasants -- Me

Offline crockspot

• In Memoriam
  • Bite me, libs.
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2010, 06:47:53 PM »
My signature dishes are tomato sauce, and hummous, but I think my specialty is the ability to make something edible up on the fly, given whatever happens to be on hand.

Offline The Hollywood NeoCon

• Visionary, Sage, Drunkard, Screenwriter
  • "For God & Country: Geronimo, Geronimo, Geronimo"
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2010, 06:59:43 PM »
Even though I'm not Jewish, I used to date one. The woman taught me how to make the best chicken and kreplach soup.

I'd tell ya how to make it, but it requires a few bottles of Manischewitz and a bunch of gossiping harpies.

Haven't made it since we broke up, so if you ever find yourself in such a situation, give me a call. I'll bring the wine.

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2010, 02:30:01 PM »
Eating
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline THA HOUSTON PIMP IS IN DA HOUZ!

• I pimp; you GET pimped.
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2010, 04:24:21 PM »
What is your specialty?

PIMPING

:afro:

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2010, 04:40:49 PM »
Hey Pimp, you need to get your ass out of Texas and up to Cheesehead land being a Packer Backer and all........ :fuelfire:
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline THA HOUSTON PIMP IS IN DA HOUZ!

• I pimp; you GET pimped.
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2010, 04:56:30 PM »
Hey Pimp, you need to get your ass out of Texas and up to Cheesehead land being a Packer Backer and all........ :fuelfire:

You could go to Pluto and find Cheeseheads; we're all over the universe.

But hey, I support the Texans..........................but not the Cowgerlz.

:-)

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2010, 08:24:24 PM »
Even though I'm not Jewish, I used to date one. The woman taught me how to make the best chicken and kreplach soup.

I'd tell ya how to make it, but it requires a few bottles of Manischewitz and a bunch of gossiping harpies.

Haven't made it since we broke up, so if you ever find yourself in such a situation, give me a call. I'll bring the wine.

That is one disadvantage to living in LA...shitty kosher food...and no, while Jerry's or Junior's is okay and has huge portions, it's not the same as a honest-to-God New York deli--don't know exactly why, it just is.

Mexican food, OTOH, oh, man...I'm gonna have to make a roadie out there to visit family, just so I can fill up on some El Cholo or Paco's Tacos.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Thor

• In Memoriam
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2010, 10:13:06 PM »
You could go to Pluto and find Cheeseheads; we're all over the universe.

But hey, I support the Texans..........................but not the Cowgerlz.

:-)

YOU DO realize that this is going to cause some problems, don't you??

"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline Thor

• In Memoriam
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2010, 10:14:19 PM »
That is one disadvantage to living in LA...shitty kosher food...and no, while Jerry's or Junior's is okay and has huge portions, it's not the same as a honest-to-God New York deli--don't know exactly why, it just is.

Mexican food, OTOH, oh, man...I'm gonna have to make a roadie out there to visit family, just so I can fill up on some El Cholo or Paco's Tacos.

El Indios or Robertos........