Author Topic: Conservative House Freedom Caucus members secured over $900 million in earmarks:  (Read 535 times)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Conservative House Freedom Caucus members secured over $900 million in earmarks: Watchdog
https://justthenews.com/government/congress/conservative-house-freedom-caucus-members-more-950-million-worth-earmarks

Members of the conservative House Freedom Caucus sponsored more than $900 million worth of earmarks over the last two years, according to a study conducted by OpenTheBooks.com and published on Thursday.

While the Freedom Caucus does not publicly list all of its members, OpenTheBooks based their study off of the list of 49 lawmakers that Pew compiled as lawmakers who have publicly identified as members of that particular caucus.

The group's study included data from spending bills that were passed by Congress after January 2023 and signed into law by President Biden.

The earmarks total for 2023 from 8 Freedom Caucus members was $447.8 million. The average spent was $56 million, according to the results of the study.

The earmarks total for 2024 from 22 Freedom Caucus members was $508 million and an average of $23.1 million. The total resulting from the study over both years was $957 million.

The House Freedom Caucus got more money than The Squad. You cannot trust politicians. They are flakes.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Old n Grumpy

The House Freedom Caucus got more money than The Squad. You cannot trust politicians. They are flakes.

The House Freedom Caucus got more money than The Squad. You cannot trust politicians. They are crooks.

Fixed it.  :cheersmate:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!