Author Topic: Massachusetts: John Tierney Tries to Turn the Page After Bad Week  (Read 406 times)

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
I got this from a link on RedState.  There's a fair amount of commentary there.

Massachusetts: John Tierney Tries to Turn the Page After Bad Week

By Joshua Miller  Posted at 3:23 p.m. on July 3

Updated 3:45 p.m. | Massachusetts Rep. John Tierney (D), facing allegations that he had knowledge of his inlaws’ gambling operation, held a press conference today in an attempt to answer questions and turn the page away from a politically damaging story.

“I am telling the truth. I have always told the truth,” he said at the press conference where he explained he was aware of what he thought was a legal off-shore gambling operation, according to the Boston Globe’s Glen Johnson.

Late last week, Daniel and Robert Eremian, brothers-in-law of the eight-term Congressman, both said he had knowledge of their gambling ring. “He knew everything that was going on,” Daniel Eremian told the Salem News, after being sentenced to serve years in prison on illegal gambling charges.

“I will verify everything that my brother said, which will show John Tierney is lying,” Robert Eremian, a fugitive living in the Caribbean, told the Boston Globe.

At the press conference today, Tierney said the brothers were mad “because their brother-in-law the Congressman didn’t make this go away for them,” according to the Globe.

Interesting, isn't it? O-) The rest of the link is here:  http://atr.rollcall.com/massachusetts-tierney-tries-to-turn-the-page-after-bad-week/
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.