Author Topic: DOJ Orders Dearbornistan Public Schools to Fundamentally Transform  (Read 1458 times)

Offline mrclose

While Muslims are about the business of beheading folks .. Eric Holder is about the business of ordering a school to transform:whistling:

(snip)

The Department of Justice under Eric Holder has ordered a Detroit-area school, Crestwood School District in Dearborn Heights, which has a growing Arab population to translate every communication, spoken and written, into Arabic, increase ESL, including teaching in Arabic, and hire more Arab educators.

It will allow meaningful participation by students with limited English proficiency, the DOJ claims.

It will also limit assimilation, a goal of this administration.

“This is a great victory for the Arab-American community and its children to become contributing citizens in our country,” said Shereef Akeel, a Troy attorney who filed a federal complaint in 2011 on behalf of Hiam Brinjikji, a counselor in the school district who complained about the district’s neglect of Arab immigrant students.

http://www.independentsentinel.com/doj-orders-dearbornistan-public-schools-to-fundamentally-transform/
"When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead.
It is difficult only for the others.

It is the same when you are stupid."

~ Anonymous

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: DOJ Orders Dearbornistan Public Schools to Fundamentally Transform
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2014, 11:02:34 PM »
Growing up in a city with a history of refugee populations, I suppose I'm used to this.  I grew up going to school with Cambodian, Thai, Laotian, Chinese, Vietnamese, and Kurdish kids.  ESL was standard practice.

Go to any public building (hospital or gummint) and you'll find placards all over the place with the same thing in 15 different languages.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline J P Sousa

• We Built Our Business - IN SPITE OF GOVERNMENT
  • I love the smell of gun powder in the morning
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2014, 03:51:01 PM »
Growing up in a city with a history of refugee populations, I suppose I'm used to this. I grew up going to school with Cambodian, Thai, Laotian, Chinese, Vietnamese, and Kurdish kids.  ESL was standard practice.

Go to any public building (hospital or gummint) and you'll find placards all over the place with the same thing in 15 different languages.

I'm curious, how does this work. Did it affect you as a student (I'm guessing you are not foreign born) ?

John Wayne: "America Why I Love Her"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5ZGz7h0epU

Get Over It! We Are Not All Created Equal ~Capt Katie Petronio

Obama Wiretapped The Trump Tower...FACT

The reason there are so many stupid people is because it's illegal to kill them.
~John Wayne

Offline Chris_

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2014, 04:09:45 PM »
I'm curious, how does this work. Did it affect you as a student (I'm guessing you are not foreign born) ?

No, it didn't interfere with my education at all.  ESL classes were held just like any other.

Honestly, I had more problems with the students from the ghetto around the school than I did with any foreign students.  It seems like we always spent the first two months of the school year re-teaching what should have been learned the year before.  What a drag.

It was pretty sorry, but that's liberal bussing/school policy for you.  I don't imagine it's changed much in 30 years.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2014, 04:19:01 PM »
The ESL kids didn't get any special treatment outside of their language class.  I didn't see any multi-lingual handouts being used... everything was in English and everybody got the same thing.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2014, 04:19:13 PM »
The Department of Justice under Eric Holder has ordered a Detroit-area school, Crestwood School District in Dearborn Heights, which has a growing Arab population to translate every communication, spoken and written, into Arabic, increase ESL, including teaching in Arabic, and hire more Arab educators.

It will allow meaningful participation by students with limited English proficiency, the DOJ claims.

It will also limit assimilation, a goal of this administration.

“This is a great victory for the Arab-American community and its children to become contributing citizens in our country,” said Shereef Akeel, a Troy attorney who filed a federal complaint in 2011 on behalf of Hiam Brinjikji, a counselor in the school district who complained about the district’s neglect of Arab immigrant students.

I wonder if this will extend to the exclusion any pork products from the school cafeteria.

So much for America being a melting pot...
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline J P Sousa

• We Built Our Business - IN SPITE OF GOVERNMENT
  • I love the smell of gun powder in the morning
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2014, 04:39:27 PM »
I wonder if this will extend to the exclusion any pork products from the school cafeteria.

So much for America being a melting pot...

America is being MELTED into a pot.
John Wayne: "America Why I Love Her"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5ZGz7h0epU

Get Over It! We Are Not All Created Equal ~Capt Katie Petronio

Obama Wiretapped The Trump Tower...FACT

The reason there are so many stupid people is because it's illegal to kill them.
~John Wayne