Author Topic: Sarah Palin endorses Texas' Perry for re-election  (Read 2539 times)

Offline Miss Mia

Sarah Palin endorses Texas' Perry for re-election
« on: February 03, 2009, 02:04:11 PM »
Sarah Palin endorses Texas' Perry for re-election

AUSTIN – Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin has endorsed Rick Perry for re-election, calling him the "true conservative" in a primary election showdown with fellow Republican Kay Bailey Hutchison.

Palin, who electrified the GOP base as the party's vice presidential nominee last year, has strong support among the party's social conservatives. Her endorsement appeared aimed at undercutting Hutchison's appeal with GOP women. Both groups will be important in picking the party's nominee in next year's GOP primary.

In a letter to "Texas Republican women" distributed by the Perry campaign, Palin touts the Texas governor's conservative credentials.

"He walks the walk of a true conservative. And he sticks by his guns – and you know how I feel about guns," she said.

Palin cited one of the Perry campaign's top issues – opposition to federal financial bailouts. And she singled out Perry's opposition to abortion rights.

"Not every child is born into ideal circumstances, but every life is sacred," Palin said in the mail appeal. "Rick Perry knows this – it is at the core of his being."

Hutchison supports abortion rights, although with restrictions, including parental notification and a ban on certain late-term procedures.

-snip-

This is gonna be a fun primary in Texas.  :popcorn:

BTW, I would much rather prefer Hutchinson over Perry.  Depending on who the Democrats put up, I could have easily voted for her in the GE (and may still in the primary).
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
Re: Sarah Palin endorses Texas' Perry for re-election
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2009, 02:23:10 PM »
he will win in a walk.  he probably would have anyway . . . but it makes you wish that norm coleman, among others, had asked sarah palin to campaign for him.

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2009, 02:32:10 PM »
he will win in a walk.  he probably would have anyway . . . but it makes you wish that norm coleman, among others, had asked sarah palin to campaign for him.

I think Hutchinson could win.  She's very popular and most conservatives I talk to here don't like Perry much at all.  That Trans Texas Corridor pissed off a lot of people
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline Bok_Tukalo

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2009, 02:34:56 PM »

I think Hutchinson could win.  She's very popular and most conservatives I talk to here don't like Perry much at all.  That Trans Texas Corridor pissed off a lot of people

I thought it was a good idea but I agree that it irritated alot of conservatives.  His recent actions involving a Spanish company and toll roads in the Metroplex is also starting to rile up the locals.

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2009, 02:41:13 PM »

I thought it was a good idea but I agree that it irritated alot of conservatives.  His recent actions involving a Spanish company and toll roads in the Metroplex is also starting to rile up the locals.

A huge land grab using eminent domain in the middle of Texas, no wonder he pissed off a ton of people, including the red blooded ranchers.
Stink Eye

Offline Bok_Tukalo

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2009, 02:48:50 PM »

A huge land grab using eminent domain in the middle of Texas, no wonder he pissed off a ton of people, including the red blooded ranchers.

Equal opportunity pisser offer, then.  He gets the rural conservatives mad at him for the TTC and now he is irritating the urban (and suburban) conservatives by handing over toll road rights to a Spanish company and not building any new free roads to relieve congestion.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2009, 03:01:14 PM »

I like Sarah Palin a lot...but she needs to study up a little more on Governor Goodhair before she continues to refer to him as the "true conservative" in the race.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline thundley4

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2009, 03:12:26 PM »
I like Sarah Palin a lot...but she needs to study up a little more on Governor Goodhair before she continues to refer to him as the "true conservative" in the race.

I thought that Blagojevich had the copyright on Governor Goodhair?

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2009, 03:14:15 PM »
I thought that Blagojevich had the copyright on Governor Goodhair?

No, Gov. Goodhair is Perry.  Blago was Gov. Badhair

Stink Eye

Offline blitzkrieg_17

• The harder they come, the harder they fall
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2009, 03:14:21 PM »
Hutchinson isn't really that conservative but Sarah needs to brush up on Texas. Perry is a scum c#nt.
Caught somewhere in time

Offline Bok_Tukalo

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2009, 03:27:51 PM »
Hutchinson isn't really that conservative but Sarah needs to brush up on Texas. Perry is a scum c#nt.

Look at the endorsement.  It appears she is trying to shore up the Guns-God-Gays voters since Goodhair has pissed off other conservatives.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2009, 03:39:34 PM »
Look at the endorsement.  It appears she is trying to shore up the Guns-God-Gays voters since Goodhair has pissed off other conservatives.

I forgot how condescending you are. 

Offline Bok_Tukalo

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2009, 03:42:03 PM »

Sorry.  Bishop Iker has me irritated today.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2009, 03:44:35 PM »
Sorry.  Bishop Iker has me irritated today.

No need to apologize, it's who you are as a person.  You can't change who you are.   

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2009, 03:44:55 PM »
You couldn't pay me to vote for Gov. Goodhair.  Kay Bailey will have my vote.

TTC and that damn HPV  vaccine shit.....NO WAY I vote Perry.

KC

Edited.  I remembered HPV not IPV   :thatsright:
« Last Edit: February 04, 2009, 10:07:44 AM by Texacon »
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2009, 09:46:54 AM »

Agree.  Hi5
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Zeus

« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2009, 10:59:12 AM »

In a contest between Perry & Hutchinson Perry wins hands down. Hutchinson isn't as popular as you think. The reason she did not run for gov last go round was some of her top financial supporters flat out told her if she did they would pull their support and give it to Perry. When Hutchinson is done in the Senate she is done in politics.
It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2009, 11:20:50 AM »

This is gonna be a fun primary in Texas.  :popcorn:

BTW, I would much rather prefer Hutchinson over Perry.  Depending on who the Democrats put up, I could have easily voted for her in the GE (and may still in the primary).
Silver lining..... This will drive my MIL up the friggin' wall.  She's a yeller-dog, tree hugging, Kool-Aid drinking, lib.    :-)
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2009, 08:55:43 PM »
In a contest between Perry & Hutchinson Perry wins hands down. Hutchinson isn't as popular as you think. The reason she did not run for gov last go round was some of her top financial supporters flat out told her if she did they would pull their support and give it to Perry. When Hutchinson is done in the Senate she is done in politics.

I still disagree.  Hutchinson's a formidable opponent against Perry and he won't just waltz away in the primary. 

Kay Bailey Hutchison End-Runs Perry With GOP Donors
Posted on December 5th, 2008 8:57am by Wick Allison

Why did the good Senator forego a much-discussed primary battle against Gov. Rick Perry in 2006 and now is taking him on in 2010? The answer is money. Major GOP donors had already commited to Perry in 06, giving him the resources to fight her tooth and nail. But this year? Different story. The biggest contributors have quietly told Perry that he’s had his turn and now it’s time for Kay. GOP insiders are telling me that Perry, whose approval rating hovers around 40%, has seen the writing on the wall and will not run for re-election. He will continue to act like he’s running through the Legislative session so that he won’t appear as a lame duck (but legislators can read the writing on the wall, too). With a weakened governor (in an already weak office),  expect the 2009 session to be the least productive in years, which is saying a lot.

Meanwhile, its obvious that Kay Bailey has read the polls. Already the most popular politician in Texas, she’s positioning herself to bring dissastified Republicans back to the fold:

”Texas has not really had a scrubbing of our state government, really in years and years and years,” Hutchison told Dallas television station KXAS on Thursday. “I think we need to prioritize spending. Right now the priorities should be education and transportation and access to health care.”
Stink Eye

Offline Zeus

« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2009, 07:04:24 PM »

I still disagree.  Hutchinson's a formidable opponent against Perry and he won't just waltz away in the primary. 

Kay Bailey Hutchison End-Runs Perry With GOP Donors
Posted on December 5th, 2008 8:57am by Wick Allison

Why did the good Senator forego a much-discussed primary battle against Gov. Rick Perry in 2006 and now is taking him on in 2010? The answer is money. Major GOP donors had already commited to Perry in 06, giving him the resources to fight her tooth and nail. But this year? Different story. The biggest contributors have quietly told Perry that he’s had his turn and now it’s time for Kay. GOP insiders are telling me that Perry, whose approval rating hovers around 40%, has seen the writing on the wall and will not run for re-election. He will continue to act like he’s running through the Legislative session so that he won’t appear as a lame duck (but legislators can read the writing on the wall, too). With a weakened governor (in an already weak office),  expect the 2009 session to be the least productive in years, which is saying a lot.

Meanwhile, its obvious that Kay Bailey has read the polls. Already the most popular politician in Texas, she’s positioning herself to bring dissastified Republicans back to the fold:

”Texas has not really had a scrubbing of our state government, really in years and years and years,” Hutchison told Dallas television station KXAS on Thursday. “I think we need to prioritize spending. Right now the priorities should be education and transportation and access to health care.”

Perry's low points are because he tried to make some moves on education and transportation and access to health care.”.

Texas has been fighting battles over education and funding for over 20 yrs.
Can't improve highway Infrastructure to much,some mexican may use it.
Texas is a state where there are probably more folks getting free healthcare than there are folks paying for their healthcare.
It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.