Author Topic: Jesse Jackson was not making a public speech or statement  (Read 2213 times)

Offline ReardenSteel

Jesse Jackson was not making a public speech or statement
« on: July 09, 2008, 09:27:33 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x6477573

jasmine621  (1000+ posts)      Wed Jul-09-08 08:29 PM
Original message
Look people, Jesse Jackson was not making a public speech or statement
 Advertisements [?]This was supposed to be a private conversation with the AA reporter. Lot's of blacks feel that Obama is talking down to them and are disappointed with some of his changes in position since winning the nomination. Just like lots of white folks on the left are disappointed for the same reason. It's like Obama USED the black voters to get the nomination and now he is dissing them to appeal to more whites. It does not matter what the reality is...that is the perception. Jesse Jackson sees this as a problem and fears that Obama may be turning off some of the black vote that he will need in November to win. More than anything, Jesse wants Obama to win. So stop trying to make this an ego trip by Jesse. Jesse has paid his dues more than most blacks, including Obama.

:rotf:

faygokid  (1000+ posts)       Wed Jul-09-08 08:31 PM
Response to Original message
2. He was set up. This was Faux News. They will revel in it for days. Weeks.
 You NEVER assume you're not miked on Faux News. This was a setup.

And they will play the racial card to the hilt.

:lmao:

islandmkl  (1000+ posts)      Wed Jul-09-08 08:40 PM
9. there is no 'quantity' threshold for dues....
 so, remind me, when was the last time JJ accomplished anything that did not benefit JJ first...

Barack may not be the black man JJ envisioned attaining the presidency...which may say volumes about JJ and his desire to be the leader of 'his people' as opposed to the leader of 'all the people'...

JJ, and he has done a great deal of good in his day, is nothing at all compared to his mentor...not the drive, not the dedication, not the strength...for him to say anything on or off the record dissing Obama reveals something about JJ and his ego...

JJ should apply his many talents to getting Obama elected...and leave it at that...

:-)

CakeGrrl  (869 posts)      Wed Jul-09-08 08:51 PM
15. Another thinly-disguised Obama bash, this time in defense of Jesse Jackson
 With "support" like this, the McCain 527's can take a break.

McCain has 527's???

pot luck (10 posts)      Wed Jul-09-08 08:53 PM
17. Well, this black person isn't disappointed with Obama
 nor is any other black person I know. I agree 100% with everything he's said about personal responsibility and how more black men should step up. It's not difference from anything that I have said, and I don't feel like he's sold me or anyone else out to pander to white voters..

:whatever: Try harder pretend liberal.

SoCalDem  (1000+ posts)       Wed Jul-09-08 08:56 PM
18. No such thing as "private conversation" for a public-person
 Phones record now, cameras record..Unless you are with your own family in a sound-proof, bug-free room, you cannot be sure your words will only be for them..

Even family members can rat you out.. (see Dog, the Bounty Hunter)

If you do not want to read your words on the front page, or hinted at, by poor befuddled Wolf Blizter, then STFU..

:thatsright: :mental:

One could try not saying something stupid in front of a camera in a giant recording studio that is a national newsroom.

elkston (26 posts)      Wed Jul-09-08 08:57 PM
19. I'm black guy ...
 Edited on Wed Jul-09-08 09:00 PM by elkston
and I don't feel Obama has slighted us in any way.
I fully support the "tough love"-sort of advice he is giving to some of our black males. Its nothing new, really. Plenty of blacks have been saying the same thing -- just not so publicly.

Furthermore, Obama isn't just scoring hits and moving away. He pledges reforms in education and social programs that will improve outreach and oppportunities in this critical group.

But the desire to change and take personal responsibility in ones future MUST be there first. This cannot happen without concerned parents or equivalent community elders.

Another troll soon to bite the dust.  :rotf:

"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand
http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=1826

Offline asdf2231

• would like to cordially invite you to the pants party!
  • VRWC Arts And Crafts Director
Re: Jesse Jackson was not making a public speech or statement
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2008, 09:29:54 PM »

Did Faggokid just imply that Jessie was being a racist to Obama?  :rotf:

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for awhile.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life...

Offline jukin

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2008, 09:39:11 PM »
The OP is right.  Jesse was just being his normal self and not his mediaed up bullshit persona.

It is going to be fun watching the Duchebags twist their small minds into making this a good thing.

The fireworks are just begining, good thing I stocked up on popcorn before the ethanol fiasco.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2008, 09:55:17 PM »

I don't know what that was, lol. Some libs would not see the proof in the pudding if it bit them in the ass on the way out.
"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2008, 10:18:50 PM »

I don't know what that was, lol. Some libs would not see the proof in the pudding if it bit them in the ass on the way out.
Those words should NEVER be used in the same sentence.   :hammer:

:tongue:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Bondai

• Rode hard and put up wet too many times.
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2008, 12:48:32 AM »
Jesse Jackson is nothing more than a wart on the ass of society.... :censored:

"It's mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack; not rationality".

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2008, 02:42:25 PM »
Mimosa  (494 posts)     Wed Jul-09-08 11:00 PM
Response to Reply #35
43. WtH R U? OBAMA IS OUR CANDIDATE!
 Genna, u don't know what you're talking about. This is Democratic Underground in case U don't know it. Barack Obama is OUR candidate. Anybody trying to cut off his nuts will have to come through US!

MadMaddie  (1000+ posts)      Wed Jul-09-08 09:03 PM
23. If anyone thinks that Faux news isn't trying to divide the Black
 community by class......

Yes, Jessee Jackson has been at some of this country's most historical moments. However; either Jessee has gotten soft or he has forgotten...there are still real enemies and real threats to minorities, women and anyone outside the norm. Faux is amongst those threats....

Obama's statement about responsibility goes across races, he was speaking to all Americans.

Faux has proven again they have no integrity....what's new?

The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2008, 03:28:42 PM »
Leave...Jessie...ALOOOOOOOOOOOOONE!!!
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline vlad335

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2008, 04:07:29 PM »
MadMaddie  (1000+ posts)      Wed Jul-09-08 09:03 PM
23. If anyone thinks that Faux news isn't trying to divide the Black
 community by class......

Yeah, we all know the left would never divide people into groups or classes. They are the party of rugged individualists. ::)

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2008, 05:44:48 PM »
As I see it, Jesse (and "Reverend" Al Sharpton) is going to lose a whole lot of stature if Obama wins.  I seem to remember that Jesse was a Hillary supporter.  He still is.  Soooo, he says that Obama's been talking down to "black people."  He puts the seed into the minds of the black voters.  Will he have a big effect on the black vote, to supress it?  God only knows, but Jesse ain't hedging his bets.  He's trying to get the "black victimhood" back to the fore.  Obama's recent remarks have been for black males to have responsibility for their actions (and children they father in the 'hood).  Jackson wants the "black victimhood" vote, and if it goes to Obama, Jackson's stature is reduced.  Jesse Jackson's ego will not let that happen.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline asdf2231

• would like to cordially invite you to the pants party!
  • VRWC Arts And Crafts Director
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2008, 06:22:41 PM »
[youtube=425,350]WlyaNLpAxv4[/youtube]
 :cheersmate:

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for awhile.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life...

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2008, 06:31:05 PM »
That was teh ghey.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2008, 06:41:22 PM »
My my my...the lengths the DUmmies will go to protect their Messiah.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2008, 08:17:50 PM »

They do not know how to lose, winning and control is everything .... even when they lose they cannot accept defeat.

The GOP, on the other hand are born losers, I hope they prove me wrong. Remember the gentlemanly gesture of the GOP when they allowed the minority party retain their chairmanships way back when?  :whatever:
“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.â€

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2008, 08:27:05 PM »
Jesse is not for Obama, nor is Obama for Jesse......Jesse is part of the Clinton machine.

Should Obama get elected....Jesse's going to have a very tough time.......saying "oh woe, is the black man....we are sooooo oppressed".

Guess he'd have to get a real job..... :rotf:
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2008, 08:34:23 PM »
Nothing will change for the "black man" until they start adopting life styles which enhance their survival. No, not even a magic negro can make that happen.
“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.â€

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2008, 05:54:16 AM »

They do not know how to lose, winning and control is everything .... even when they lose they cannot accept defeat.

The GOP, on the other hand are born losers, I hope they prove me wrong. Remember the gentlemanly gesture of the GOP when they allowed the minority party retain their chairmanships way back when?  :whatever:

I remember that silly gesture all too well. 

At times in my life it seems the entire Republican Party is suffering from Battered Wives Syndrome.

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2008, 11:55:43 AM »
You know what else wasn't intended to be a public speech or statement?
When Dick Cheney told Pat Leahy to go **** himself, but, that isn't how it was reported...
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2008, 04:47:22 PM »
When Dick Cheney told Pat Leahy to go **** himself, but, that isn't how it was reported...

It wasn't intended for the President's comment about Andrew Clymer being an "asshole" to be made public either...didn't stop the mdia from making a week long issue out of it.

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2008, 06:30:05 PM »

It wasn't intended for the President's comment about Andrew Clymer being an "*******" to be made public either...didn't stop the mdia from making a week long issue out of it.

That's the kind of stuff that makes me think Jackson said what he said on purpose. (his son had a very ready response eh?) Pundits have already been saying they think this will actaully help Obama. This kind of thing is old school politics. Kerry did it at a union rally in 2004. It was even used as a plot device in an episode of the TV show The West Wing.

Jackson got just what he wanted. He got tons of publicity and "street cred" as a "black leader" weather Obama wins or not. (fwiw, if some yahoo proclaimed himself a "white leader" i'd tell him to go fark himself)

- Ayn Rand