Author Topic: NEWS BABE'S 'IRAQI TRYST'  (Read 2931 times)

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
NEWS BABE'S 'IRAQI TRYST'
« on: June 26, 2008, 12:46:25 PM »
IN-BEDDED REPORTER 'TOOK MY HUBBY'

Sexy CBS siren Lara Logan spent her days covering the heat of the Iraq war - but that was nothing compared to the heat of her nights.

The "60 Minutes" reporter and former swimsuit model apparently courted two beaus while she was in Baghdad, and has been labeled a homewrecker for allegedly destroying the marriage of a civilian contractor there, sources said.
Passions got so hot in the combat zone that one of her lovers, Joe Burkett, brawled in a Baghdad "safe house" with her other paramour, CNN war reporter Michael Ware, a source said.

The wife of Burkett, a US Embassy worker, claims the sultry 37-year-old correspondent seduced him while bullets flew overhead.

Burkett's wife, Kimberly, also accuses Logan of teaming up with him to take her 3-year-old daughter away, according to the source.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/06262008/news/worldnews/news_babes_iraqi_tryst_117192.htm
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: NEWS BABE'S 'IRAQI TRYST'
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2008, 12:59:15 PM »
Question Sarge.....as a vereran of this conflict, what good are "embedded reporters"?

I never thought that it was a good idea.......seems to me like it is kinda like allowing the enemy to sleep with your unit, considering their overwhelming bias.....

I've always been confused by this Pentagon decision...

doc
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2008, 01:25:15 PM »
Question Sarge.....as a vereran of this conflict, what good are "embedded reporters"?

Well, if they're giving out free BJs...........................  :uhsure:
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline MPCOA

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2008, 01:33:01 PM »

I never thought that it was a good idea.......seems to me like it is kinda like allowing the enemy to sleep with your unit, considering their overwhelming bias.....

doc
These aren't embedded reporters, these are cowards in the Green Zone who don't really know what is going on.
Don't suffer from PTSD, go out and cause it

Embrace the Hate

"Over the years, the United States has sent many of its fine young men and women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return is enough to bury those that did not return." Gen. Colin Powell

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2008, 01:35:00 PM »
Isn't Michael Ware that anti-war prick who writes stories detrimental to our mission?
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline CBUSMS

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2008, 03:19:02 PM »

:hitit:

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2008, 03:23:23 PM »

doc

I have no problem with it personally.  To me...the best coverage of the war came in the drive to baghdad when you had the reporters right there telling us what was going on.  I think it gives the reporters a better idea of what is really going on in Iraq on a daily basis and in the end helps tell a more complete story of OIF/OEF.  I had two embeds with me over there.  One from the Contra Costa Times and one from the K.C. Star.  Both did great pieces on us and got to see a lot of stuff they wouldn't have normally.

Otherwise if the reporters don't embed wit the units...they just sit on their ass in the Green Zone and pretty much make shit up.

As for what this woman did...IMHO it makes a pretty good argument for why you don't send women...especially former swimsuit models...into a combat zone.

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2008, 03:24:02 PM »
Isn't Michael Ware that anti-war prick who writes stories detrimental to our mission?

One and the same.

Offline Zeus

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2008, 03:27:36 PM »

doc

I have no problem with it personally.  To me...the best coverage of the war came in the drive to baghdad when you had the reporters right there telling us what was going on.  I think it gives the reporters a better idea of what is really going on in Iraq on a daily basis and in the end helps tell a more complete story of OIF/OEF.  I had two embeds with me over there.  One from the Contra Costa Times and one from the K.C. Star.  Both did great pieces on us and got to see a lot of stuff they wouldn't have normally.

Otherwise if the reporters don't embed wit the units...they just sit on their ass in the Green Zone and pretty much make shit up.

As for what this woman did...IMHO it makes a pretty good argument for why you don't send women...especially former swimsuit models...into a combat zone.

Why ?The Homosexuals can't handle the competition  :evillaugh:
It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2008, 03:28:17 PM »

Offline RightCoast

• Semper Fi means more than most will ever know
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2008, 03:36:06 PM »

Well, if they're giving out free BJs...........................  :uhsure:

:rimshot:

nine eleven is a car
nine one one is an emergency service
September 11, 2001 was an attack
Never Forget, or Minimize.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2008, 03:39:33 PM »

If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Zafod Beeblebrox

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2008, 04:50:45 PM »

Offline Happy Fun Ball

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2008, 05:00:24 PM »

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2008, 05:08:04 PM »
I wonder if anyone would hit it? Hmm...I just can't tell. :-)

carry on boys  :lmao:
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Dixie*Darling

« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2008, 06:37:35 PM »
I wonder if anyone would hit it? Hmm...I just can't tell. :-)

carry on boys  :lmao:

Porcupine? 
That's what it sounds like she'd look like if ... oh, never mind! 

Stand in line guys!  Looks like they're all hittin' it over there!   ::)

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2008, 09:02:36 AM »
And right on cue some DUmmie calls Elliot In The Morning claiming that this is a smear campaign orchestrated by Rupert Murdoch against Ware :rolleyes:

Offline Toastedturningtidelegs

• Holy Crap! Look at my
  • OBAMA PHONE!
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2008, 10:04:54 AM »

:hitit:
Yes and then some! :-) I have something I need to embed with her! :-)
Call me "Asshole" One more time!

Offline asdf2231

• would like to cordially invite you to the pants party!
  • VRWC Arts And Crafts Director
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2008, 12:56:39 PM »

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for awhile.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life...

Offline RedTail

• I can has title? ^_^
  • A little bit of Anti-Hero goes a LONG way.
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2008, 08:17:40 PM »
I'd hit it and hate myself.

*Red*

Offline Bondai

• Rode hard and put up wet too many times.
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2008, 01:41:39 PM »
High maintenance and nothing but trouble...

"It's mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack; not rationality".

Offline Zafod Beeblebrox

« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2008, 02:13:20 PM »
High maintenance and nothing but trouble...