Author Topic: 150 Achievements Of Liberalism That Conservatives Seek To Destroy  (Read 4256 times)

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
Re: 150 Achievements Of Liberalism That Conservatives Seek To Destroy
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2012, 10:10:53 AM »
They recycled this bullshit list again

::)
"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

John C Calhoun, "Disquisition on Government", 1840

Offline Doubleplusungood

« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2012, 10:40:24 AM »

They must have figured enough time had passed since the last time it was debunked.

Offline Kyle Ricky

« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2012, 10:42:56 AM »

It's election year, so it is time to clean the dust off all the decorations.

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2012, 10:53:33 AM »
Most of the comments at the original article have to do with the premise that conservatives would fight to get rid of the item.  Such as No. 149,   The author does not prove this, as pointed out by commenters.

My issue is all these lists that are coming out.  2,000 Things Liberals Have Done.  200 Reasons to Vote for Obama.  500 of Obama's Greatest Accomplishments.  So many of them are lies, or embellishments, or stupid small shit, "Accomplished toilet training in a reasonably acceptable time,"  "Can, so far, cut his own meat," "Regularly flosses without being harangued by the dental hygienist." 

Liberals are doing this a lot, it's resume-padding, and it looks really lame. 

P.S.  Do you know our spell-check does not recognize Obama?   :rotf: 
nadin is a microcosm of what you describe liberals doing.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline AprilRazz

• I love my...
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2012, 11:25:26 AM »
A bold lie even for a liberal. The military began in 1775 by act of the Continental Congress, and named George Washington commander. Not exactly modern day pansy-assed liberals in that bunch.
Maybe they meant how the liberals are systematically attempting to destroy the military?
Proud Navy Wife and Veteran

"How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised, and taken care of." Suzanna Hupp

racist – A statement of surrender during an argument. When two people or disputants are engaged in an acrimonious debate, the side that first says “Racist!” has conceded defeat. Synonymous with saying “Resign” during a chess game, or “Uncle” during a schoolyard fight. Ori

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2012, 11:36:40 AM »
42. Panama Canal
Pretty sure Teddy Roosevelt got that done.
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline Doubleplusungood

« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2012, 11:45:27 AM »
Pretty sure Teddy Roosevelt got that done.

And Carter (D) then blew it. Sacrificed a highly important global strategy zone just like he did with Iran. Kinda destroys this entire liberal fantasy.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2012, 12:07:52 PM »
OSHA was Nixon.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Danglars

• Banned
« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2012, 12:55:12 PM »
151. Crippling debt
152. Warping and erosion of our Judaeo-Christian culture and European-derived national identity
153. Confiscatory levels of taxation personal, sales/excise, and corporate
153. Criminilization of honest citizens through overregulation of all aspects of life
154. Importation of cultures incompatible with number 152
155. The View

Offline Karin

« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2012, 02:05:27 PM »
In the spirit of Danglar's post, we could make a true list of things that liberals have done, that conservatives really would like to destroy.  Here's one:

Socially-engineered government-educated kids who are so dumbed down, so ignorant, that they answered "Sarah Palin" when asked who the vice president was.  They have no idea what the Civil War was about.  They know nothing, thanks to certain government teachers. 

Here's another:

Arrogant and entitled civil servant bureaucrats who cannot be fired, paying part of their taxpayer-provided paychecks to unions, who in turn funnel it to democrats. 

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2012, 02:36:09 PM »
137. Over the course of nearly 50 years, liberals contributed greatly to the eventual end of the Cold War.

Like the Rosenbergs, for instance.  Yes, US Liberals artificially prolonged the life of the Soviet Union to the point that it was so irretrievably broken that an American President with a clear vision and strong defense policy could finally tip it over the edge of the cliff it had worked itself onto, while without their aid and comfort it might have actually gone through the political and economic reforms necessary to make it a lasting rival after Stalin's death.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2012, 03:21:25 PM »
Like the Rosenbergs, for instance.  Yes, US Liberals artificially prolonged the life of the Soviet Union to the point that it was so irretrievably broken that an American President with a clear vision and strong defense policy could finally tip it over the edge of the cliff it had worked itself onto, while without their aid and comfort it might have actually gone through the political and economic reforms necessary to make it a lasting rival after Stalin's death.
Libs have much more in common with whomever our present enemies are, than their own countrymen.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #37 on: May 14, 2012, 04:45:35 PM »
I'm surprised no one has addressed this one yet:

98. The right to bear arms (Do you really think extreme right wingers would allow anybody besides themselves to have firearms if in power?)

The author of this list didn't even try to look honest! Another person trying to falsely equate conservatism with fascism.

We're supposed to believe that "liberals" fought for the right to bear arms despite their crusades against guns. They try to use every highly publicized shooting as leverage for greater gun control.  :thatsright: :bird:

Sounds like some of them have realized they're on the wrong side of this gun issue.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 05:15:33 PM by ADsOutburst »

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2012, 05:08:57 PM »
Obviously these asshats aren't aware that the military existed BEFORE the country existed. They're the stupidest people on the planet. How could they possibly believe that? Do they seriously NOT know history?

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #39 on: May 14, 2012, 06:35:28 PM »
Obviously these asshats aren't aware that the military existed BEFORE the country existed. They're the stupidest people on the planet. How could they possibly believe that? Do they seriously NOT know history?

Cindie

Too much of this, Cindie . . .

:stoner: :stoner: :stoner: :stoner: :stoner:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #40 on: May 14, 2012, 07:42:04 PM »
68. Head Start modified
69. Americorps gone
72. WIC modified
73. Peace Corps gone
74. United Nations gone
75. World Health Organization gone
76. Nuclear Treaties modified
104. The Brady Handgun Act gone gone
107. The Affordable Care Act which makes insurance companies more honest and fair. scrap it
108. Woman’s Right to Choose modified
110. Affirmative Action reverse discrimination, modify
129. National Endowment for the Arts gone
Didn't see NPR....gone
There's more.
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #41 on: May 14, 2012, 08:45:31 PM »

Cindie

As far as they are concerned history didn't start until Bush stole the White House.  :-)
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #42 on: May 14, 2012, 08:50:46 PM »
As far as they are concerned history didn't start until Bush stole the White House.  :-)

For most of them, history begins when they get their Obama Talking Points Memo each morning.

Offline Kyle Ricky

« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2012, 07:34:34 AM »

Cindie

Yes, they are the most stupid people in the world. And no, they do not know their history, unless it is "Modified" history that they are spoon fed by MSNBC and a liberal teacher, or professor. No wonder the education level of this country is sinking like a stone.

Offline WinOne4TheGipper

• Enemy of DU
« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2012, 09:46:26 AM »
They are taking credit for a lot of stuff that was around long before Democrats. I'm surprised they didn't list the sun coming up each day as one their accomplishments.  :stoner: :stoner:

LOL.
“Sometimes the curses of the godless sound better than the hallelujahs of the pious.”

Martin Luther

Offline WinOne4TheGipper

• Enemy of DU
« Reply #45 on: May 15, 2012, 09:56:35 AM »
Most of these are absolutely ridiculous at best. 

I wasn't aware conservatives wanted to destroy the Hoover Dam and the Panama Canal.

That tells you about all you need to know about this bullshit list.

Hoover Dam began construction in 1931.  FDR didn't become president until 1933.  According to the myths we're told about the Great Depression, then-President Hoover was an extremely small government type.  Care to rethink this one, libs?
“Sometimes the curses of the godless sound better than the hallelujahs of the pious.”

Martin Luther