Author Topic: primitives discuss a medical expert not treating her own grandchild  (Read 1158 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100213246944#post13

left-of-center2012 (21,686 posts)     Tue Apr 7, 2020, 11:48 AM

WH medical expert didn't treat sick grandchild

Dr. Deborah Birx, one of the two leading medical experts on the White House coronavirus task force, said that out of deference to social distancing rules she had stayed away from her daughter’s house — despite her 10-month-old granddaughter having registered a fever of 105 degrees over the weekend.

Birx said the child, who is recovering, probably had roseola, a common childhood infection, not COVID-19. “My grandchild of 10 months had a fever of 105 this weekend. I’m the doctor and I couldn’t get there.”

“I did not go there, because of you two,” Birx said gesturing to Trump and Vice President Mike Pence. “I mean, you can’t take that kind of risk with the leaders of the country.”

“Good,” Trump responded.

mahatmakanejeeves (27,614 posts)      Tue Apr 7, 2020, 12:01 PM

13. Did I not read here at DU yesterday that she has let her license lapse?

As others have said, her granddaughter probably already had a doctor taking care of her. Further, why risk bringing CV into the residence?

Uh huh.  She quit practicing medicine about 5, 6, years ago.

So if she dared treat the child, she'd be violating the law.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Mary Ann

Re: primitives discuss a medical expert not treating her own grandchild
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2020, 11:19:27 AM »
Well, at least the DUpipo have stopped criticizing her for the way she dresses. (At least for the moment.) Some of what they are saying now is absolutely vile. I saw the press conference, and it was sooooo not what they said it was.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2020, 12:20:21 PM »
Well, at least the DUpipo have stopped criticizing her for the way she dresses. (At least for the moment.) Some of what they are saying now is absolutely vile. I saw the press conference, and it was sooooo not what they said it was.

Is it ever?  I’ve watched the press conferences then gone over there to read their take and it’s like living in bizarro land.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2020, 01:56:07 PM »
Doctors don't treat family.

FFS
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline SVPete

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2020, 02:31:19 PM »
Besides, the usual "treatment" for measles is rest, aspirin if needed, drink lots of fluids, etc.. BTDTGTTS.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2020, 05:58:01 PM »
Besides, the usual "treatment" for measles is rest, aspirin if needed, drink lots of fluids, etc.. BTDTGTTS.

Um, you don't give aspirin for the measles, IIRC, something called Ryes Syndrome?

Offline SVPete

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2020, 06:53:34 PM »
Um, you don't give aspirin for the measles, IIRC, something called Ryes Syndrome?

OK, acetaminophen (proper dose only), ibuprofen, naproxen. But I'm pretty sure my Mom gave me aspirin, if anything ... it's been nearly 60 years.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline DUmpDiver

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2020, 04:49:00 AM »
jberryhill (61,685 posts)

32. I'm sorry, but I've never had a job where I get to go take off for a sick grandchild

Her grandchild has a pediatrician.

Faulting someone for not leaving their job to unethically treat a family member is absurd.

I'm amazed that jberryhill didn't get a granite pizza long ago.  He makes a lot of sane posts at The DUmp.

Offline Mary Ann

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2020, 07:15:30 AM »
OK, acetaminophen (proper dose only), ibuprofen, naproxen. But I'm pretty sure my Mom gave me aspirin, if anything ... it's been nearly 60 years.
I had measles when I was seven. I don't remember taking aspirin or anything else. I do remember that my mother made me wear sunglasses inside the house!?!?

Offline jukin

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2020, 12:12:45 PM »
I want to know why Obama, the man that can do anything better than anyone, is not helping do medical procedures in the Commie Chinese Flu?

Why would The Chocolate Messiah not bring his munificence to his people?  WHY?!?!?
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2020, 12:22:03 PM »
I do remember that my mother made me wear sunglasses inside the house!?!?

A common ameliorative; the eyes during measles were easily irritated by too much light.  My mother just ensured we stayed in a semi-dark room, same thing.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2020, 12:38:13 PM »
Measles is very contagious. It does affect your eyes and can lead to blindness.

Six Ways Measles Can Affect the Eyes
https://www.aao.org/eye-health/tips-prevention/six-ways-measles-can-affect-eyes-2
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du