Author Topic: The Internet is not kind to liberal veterans.  (Read 544 times)

Offline CC27

The Internet is not kind to liberal veterans.
« on: December 31, 2023, 01:57:53 PM »
Aristus

The YouTube algorithm that suggests videos and assigns in-video advertising seems to think that anyone interested in military subjects must be a roid-raging, scraggly-bearded, tactical gear-wearing, right-wing "alpha-dog" survivalist.

As an ex-tanker, I watch just about every tank video I can access. I'll often watch videos about aircraft carriers and fighter jets, too, sometimes. But more, and more lately, I'm getting advertising clips interrupting my videos of stern-faced pols warning about "woke", camo-wearing army cosplayers trying to sell me camp stoves and water purifiers, and douchebearded anti-government types promising the race war and revolution which is coming soon.

I've been trying to do more keyword searches lately designed to throw the algorithm off a little, looking for soft, apolitical subjects like Star Wars, men's tailored clothing, etc.

But I'm still getting right-wing advertising. Drives me crazy.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/10181944023

Cool story bro.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
Re: The Internet is not kind to liberal veterans.
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2023, 02:28:04 PM »
Aristus

The Internet is not kind to liberal veterans...
[snip]

:blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah:

...I've been trying to do more keyword searches lately designed to throw the algorithm off a little, looking for soft, apolitical subjects like Star Wars, men's tailored clothing, etc.

But I'm still getting right-wing advertising. Drives me crazy

Your problem is that the marketing geniuses on the innerwebz are actually trying to make a profit, therefore you're seeing ads bought by people with actual MONEY to spend.

Airhead America actually ran into this little problem as well: the market for leftist schtick is so tiny that there's no money in selling ads aimed at the belowaverage leftist scum on the street.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2023, 04:33:21 PM »
As an ex-tanker, I watch just about every tank video I can access. I'll often watch videos about aircraft carriers and fighter jets, too, sometimes. But more, and more lately, I'm getting advertising clips interrupting my videos of stern-faced pols warning about "woke", camo-wearing army cosplayers trying to sell me camp stoves and water purifiers, and douchebearded anti-government types promising the race war and revolution which is coming soon.

Sounds like you’re not getting the ads you want, like tranny dating sites or butt buddy hook up sites. :loser: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2023, 06:42:05 PM »
apolitical subjects like Star Wars

Yet more proof that they live in a bubble.

Star wars hasnt been apolitical since disney took over and destroyed it.
"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2024, 08:42:21 AM »
 :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

<<<snip>>>

I've been trying to do more keyword searches lately designed to throw the algorithm off a little, looking for soft, apolitical subjects like Star Wars, men's tailored clothing, etc.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2024, 12:15:39 PM »
Most people wonder how someone could raise their hand and promise to defend the Constitution of the United States and then turn around and join and vote for a political ideology that doesn’t favor freedom, justice, and liberty as those terms are properly defined. That seems to be the primitives problem with the internet, not these other things.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.