Author Topic: what's up with this?  (Read 2593 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
what's up with this?
« on: August 14, 2014, 05:42:27 PM »
This is showing up with increasing frequency on conservativecave, no other site.

Do I download, or not?

apres moi, le deluge

Milo Yiannopoulos "It has been obvious since 2016 that Trump carries an anointing of some kind. My American friends, are you so blind to reason, and deaf to Heaven? Can he do all this, and cannot get a crown? This man is your King. Coronate him, and watch every devil shriek, and every demon howl."

Offline thundley4

Re: what's up with this?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2014, 05:46:47 PM »
I would not do it.  I recently got a popup and a page opening saying that I needed to upgrade my video player. I wasn't even watching any videos at the time.

ETA:

https://www.google.com/search?q=open+software+updater&oq=open+software+updater&aqs=chrome..69i57.5589j0j7&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=93&ie=UTF-8

Also, almost all legitimate software on your computer has their own built in update service and won't do it through a pop up notice.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 05:48:58 PM by thundley4 »

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2014, 07:14:33 PM »
NO!  Don't download that shit.

Clear your browser cache.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2014, 07:25:15 PM »
NO!  Don't download that shit.

Clear your browser cache.

Don't worry.

<<<never downloads anything without okay of experts here.
apres moi, le deluge

Milo Yiannopoulos "It has been obvious since 2016 that Trump carries an anointing of some kind. My American friends, are you so blind to reason, and deaf to Heaven? Can he do all this, and cannot get a crown? This man is your King. Coronate him, and watch every devil shriek, and every demon howl."

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2014, 07:30:08 PM »
One of the guys at work had a similar thing show up on his computer -- he was trying to update Java.  It ended up putting some sort of trojan on his computer that multiplied every time it was scanned by our antivirus.  I was able to find the infected file and delete it.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.