Author Topic: Lost password  (Read 2044 times)

Offline rightlyamused

• Probationary (Probie)
Lost password
« on: July 04, 2014, 06:02:52 PM »
My daughter has an HP laptop running Windows 7.  She changed the password and forgot it.  Can anyone help me with this problem.  Thanks.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: Lost password
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2014, 06:07:03 PM »
If there are no other user accounts on the computer, Hiren's Boot CD has a utility on it that will erase the password stored on a Win7 PC (Offline NT Password Changer).
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline rightlyamused

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2014, 06:20:02 PM »
If there are no other user accounts on the computer, Hiren's Boot CD has a utility on it that will erase the password stored on a Win7 PC (Offline NT Password Changer).

Thanks for the reply. But as I have never done this before, how will it work when I can't boot the computer.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2014, 06:23:36 PM »
You need to create a boot disc using another computer.  The Hirens package has a bootable ISO file and a burner utility to create the disc.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.