Author Topic: Windows 7 pro 64-bit  (Read 2301 times)

Offline Mike B the Cajun

• Pot Stirrer
Windows 7 pro 64-bit
« on: April 09, 2015, 08:28:08 PM »

Does anyone have a copy of W7Pro64 laying around doing nothing? what about W7HomePrem64??

Having serious issues with an Acer OEM version on a reinstall, and would like to install it without all the Acer crap.  :rant:

Acer. like most manufacturers, doesn't ship a raw copy of the OS, just a set of recovery discs.  :hammer:

Any help would be much appreciated.
Don't get stuck on stupid...

I am of the CauCajun persuasion...  :-)

Leftwing lunatic thought process concerning police: I'm armed with bad breath and body odor. The police are armed with a badge, a tazer, a 9mm, and a shotgun.  I should antagonize them.

Offline thundley4

Re: Windows 7 pro 64-bit
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2015, 06:13:02 AM »
If you have the product key that came with the machine you might try this. http://getintopc.com/softwares/operating-systems/windows-7-home-premium-free-download-iso-32-bit-64-bit/

Or try using bit torrent.  You might still have a problem with getting the drivers for the Acer, though.

Offline Mike B the Cajun

• Pot Stirrer
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2015, 05:19:46 PM »
Thanks for the info.

Currently running Win7Pro32bit. Wasn't the easiest install I ever did. It is, however, working fairly nicely, if a little slow.

Actually, I got most of the drivers from Acer on their website.  :-)

The only reason I have this one is it was free. I will, however, refrain from ever buying anything from them in the future.

Leftwing lunatic thought process concerning police: I'm armed with bad breath and body odor. The police are armed with a badge, a tazer, a 9mm, and a shotgun.  I should antagonize them.

Offline Mike B the Cajun

• Pot Stirrer
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2015, 10:57:50 AM »

Downloaded W7 Home Premium, installed and activated it, works great, without all the OEM clutter and junk. All necessary drivers were available on Acer's website.

Just for shits and giggles, I downloaded Windows 10 Pro 64, Build 10061, and installed it on my desktop. Look and feel takes getting used to, but so far it is very functional,  a much nicer , tho a little more complicated than the Win 7 HP or Pro, interface.

Will give bugs found and updates on it in general as they develop.