Author Topic: WIN8 and flash drives  (Read 1741 times)

Offline njpines

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • In Memoriam
  • Hi, I'm Sue!
WIN8 and flash drives
« on: February 20, 2015, 10:10:26 AM »
I've been given a slightly used Win8 ASUS notebook/tablet combo. I'm trying to figure it out as its OS is so alien to me. I have a 128 GB flash drive to which I've loaded onto a ton of music, tv shows and movies. Why does this frigging machine need me to hook up to a network to play any of them? It's a flash drive, for crying out loud!! What am I doing wrong? I have other questions as well so you'll see me here often (and thank you in advance for any help you all can offer!).
Piney Power!!

Grow your own dope -- plant a Democrat!

"We will preserve for our children (America), the last best hope of man on earth, or we will sentence them to take the first step into a thousand years of darkness. If we fail, at least let our children and our children's children say of us we justified our brief moment here. We did all that could be done."  -- Ronald Reagan.

"Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you." -- Quest for the Holy Grail