Current Events > The DUmpster

IVAW Bus Burned

(1/4) > >>

Crazy Horse:
Gotta be those evil rethugs,

--- Quote ---proud2Blib  (1000+ posts)       Sun Jan-13-08 12:17 PM
Original message
IVAW bus burns! Looks like ARSON!!!!
 Bus marked "IVAW" mysteriously totaled by FIRE (1/11/08)
By Bill Perry | 01.12.2008

The bus in this photo, was totaled by fire, around 9:30 pm, Friday night, 1/11/08

This bus, often mired in controversy since the IVAW "Dirty South" tour that left Philly in June, and had Active Duty BBQ's @ Ft Meade, Ft Jackson, Camp Lejeune, Ft Benning, and other Southern Military Posts ( Including an IVAW benefit by Tom Morello, of Rage Against the Machine, and AudioSlave, in Virginia ) as well as backdrop for many a Demonstration, and Ft Drum, NY, organizing parties, has finally died.

This photo shows the huge "Don't Attack Iran" and "Impeach Bush" logos, that let everybody on the highway know just how the occupants felt about the state of the state.

Owner~Operator~Driver ( and Veteran ) Jim Goodnow pulled into a South Jersey Truck Stop, to catch a 3 or 4 hour nap. Jim saw, in retrospect, some suspicious activity outside the bus, and about 20 minutes later, the entire engine compartment, and back of the bus was engulfed in flames. Mr Goodnow speculates that the cause could have been anything from ARSON, to ATTEMPTED MURDER. He plans to notify the ATF Arson Squad on Saturday morning. Stay tuned....

http://www.phillyimc.org/en/2008/01/44128.shtml

This is most upsetting. Jim Goodnow is one of the MOST dedicated veterans for peace in our movement. If anyone wants info on reaching out and helping him following this tragedy, please PM me.
--- End quote ---

Arson or attempted murder.................yeah, let's go with that

--- Quote ---proud2Blib  (1000+ posts)       Sun Jan-13-08 12:29 PM
Response to Reply #1
5. I am just reeling
 Yes, JIm is wonderful and I am so thankful he is okay.

Some days it is hard to be a peace activist and stay calm. When I think of how hard JIm has worked, how much money he has spent, how he has basically given up his LIFE to stop this war . . .

And war mongers go after him. And Carlos. And a couple others who haven't advertised their stories. Damn I just can't help but HATE these people.

Here is Jim in June in DC. We met up with him and were on our way to dinner when we saw this sign and had to stop and take a picture.
--- End quote ---

Yep those people....

--- Quote ---SpiralHawk  (1000+ posts)     Sun Jan-13-08 12:23 PM
Response to Original message
3. More proof that republicon homelanders hate our veterans?
 Edited on Sun Jan-13-08 12:29 PM by SpiralHawk
Could be. It always seems to me that just the existance of our US Veterans who served honorably is upsetting to republicon homelander chickenhawks -- Bush, Cheney, O'Reilly, Limbaugh, Hannity, etc. etc. ad nauseum -- because it makes plain how lacking in integrity the republicons are.

Thus, I'd not be at all surprised to learn that republicon homelanders were behind this attack on our veterans and their bus...not at all.

That's my theory, and until evidence to the contrary manifests, I'm stickin with it...
--- End quote ---

i believe it, so it's true.....regardless that I know nothing..............

--- Quote ---kgfnally  (1000+ posts)       Sun Jan-13-08 01:06 PM
Response to Reply #4
16. I really hate to inject this into this thread, but I think I need to point it out
 This is why Obama's message of "unity" and "reaching out" will not work. There are no "deepest depths" to which these people are unwilling to sink. They will smile at you in the daylight and slit your throat in the darkness. They do not deserve a place at the table, they do not deserve to be reached out to, they do not deserve consideration.

Obama's own "best points" will be his downfall. These people already do not wish to "work together"; they wish to dominate. Obama seems oblivious to that.

--- End quote ---

We are not even worth consideration................WTF

--- Quote ---proud2Blib  (1000+ posts)       Sun Jan-13-08 12:31 PM
Response to Reply #3
7. No doubt in my mind that is exactly what happened.
--- End quote ---

Yep my mind is made up and nothing will change it

--- Quote ---OPERATIONMINDCRIME  (1000+ posts)       Sun Jan-13-08 12:40 PM
12. Is There Any Reason At This Time To Believe It Was Anything Else Other Than, Say, A Bus Fire?
 I mean, before this spreads like wildfire across the nets and everyone starts crying out all these melodramatic things; was there actually any indication from law enforcement or otherwise, that the fire was in fact suspicious? Or is that part just totally made up.

--- End quote ---

Oh no...............the voice of reason...........anti hive thought

I'm glad OMC is back

--- Quote ---annabanana  (1000+ posts)       Sun Jan-13-08 12:43 PM
14. If this was arson.... It was a terrorist attack. . . . Against our troops!
 If they catch the goons that did it.. the full weight of the erstwhile Patriot Act should land on their heads...

--- End quote ---

:thatsright:

linky http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x2673764

RightCoast:
I'm going to file this case under "freedom of speech."  NEXT!

asdf2231:
Jerks should have been more careful with their Blunts is all...

asdf2231:

--- Quote ---proud2Blib  (1000+ posts)       Sun Jan-13-08 02:15 PM
Response to Reply #31
42. OMC, we call the cops when we are assaulted by these morans
 Off the top of my head, I can think of 5 incidents in the last couple years here in my city. Yes, we call the cops. NO THEY HAVE NEVER COME.

Granted, we aren't reporting a fire. But I can report a cop driving by us and yelling "**** OFF" from his patrol car. I can also report another cop flipping us off as he drove by with his lights and siren on. He took his hands off the wheel to put BOTH middle fingers up in our direction.

I can also report that the cops DO COME when someone else calls and turns US in. For blocking traffic (we never do). For threatening people who drive by (we never do that either).

My son was pulled over while driving my car and the cop just wanted to hassle him about my bumper stickers. Claimed he had just gotten home from Iraq and seeing "ANOTHER AMERICAN FOR PEACE", "PEACE ON EARTH" AND "WAR IS NOT PRO-LIFE" on my bumper was grounds for pulling my car over. Yes, we filed a complaint. No, we never heard anymore about it.

So no, most of us protesting against this war don't trust the cops to protect us. Ironically, in all the places in the US where I have been to speak out or march against the war, the cops in Crawford, TX seem to be the only ones who are really concerned about protecting us.

--- End quote ---
What a retarded humpwad.

asdf2231:

--- Quote ---proud2Blib  (1000+ posts)       Sun Jan-13-08 01:52 PM
Response to Reply #12
24. Well since I have actually been WITH Jim on this bus
 and in DC with others marching and lobbying against the occupation of Iraq, and I have actually seen how hateful the war mongers can be, I can't help but suspect it was arson. Jim took good care of this bus. It has been his home for 3 or 4 years now. It was his baby. So until it can be proven otherwise, I will believe it was arson.

OMC, it is hard to even describe how hateful these war mongers are. They drive by Camp Casey in the middle of the night and stop in the middle of the road (it's a state highway, BTW) and lean on their horns until the cops come and send them away or arrest them. They try to come onto the property pointing guns at us. They ride horses onto the property and try to intimidate us. Motorcycles too. The police come and arrest them and they come back after they bail out. One guy even said he was there to kill us. Yes, he told the cops he wanted to kill all of us. And I just happened to overhear that guy but I am told there are many more of him who have made the same threat.

They beat the shit out of a dad in DC whose son had died in Iraq. His crime? Marching against the war with a picture of his son.

Here in my city, where we vigil against the war twice a week, they throw beers at us and drive up in the sidewalk trying to run us over.

I could write a book detailing the hate mail, crank phone calls and emails we get from these people. Death threats are a way of life to them.

So yes, I believe they burned this bus. 
--- End quote ---
Bouncy Good Fun!!  THIS one should have taken DUmmy of the year!!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version