Author Topic: Obama says Air Force One travel is ‘not my choice' in sharp exchange  (Read 1292 times)

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
monmouth

Obama says Air Force One travel is ‘not my choice' in sharp exchange

President Barack Obama on Thursday firmly rejected any criticism that his worldwide travel on Air Force One or his family's vacations have left him out of touch with Americans' struggles, saying flying aboard the famed official plane is "not my choice."

"The fact of the matter is, I think if you look at my track record, I'm raising a family here. When we travel, we got to travel through Secret Service, and Air Force One, that's not my choice. I think most folks understand how hard I work and how hard this administration is working on behalf of the American people," Obama told KMOV of St Louis. The interview was one of four sessions the White House arranged with local TV in states expected to be battlegrounds in November.

KMOV reporter Larry Conners had told Obama that some of the station's viewers "are complaining, they get frustrated, even angered, when they see the first family jetting around, different vacations and so forth, sometimes maybe, they think, under color of state business and that you're out of touch, that you don't really know what they're experiencing right now."

"Well, I don't know how many viewers you're talking about that say that," Obama countered. "We do hear from some," replied Conners. "I hear from all kinds of viewers about everything," Obama shot back. "I'm sure you do," said Conners.

Rest of article: http://news.yahoo.com/obama-says-air-force-one-travel-not-choice-001915991.html

http://www.democraticunderground.com/125129442

He is out of touch. How many of us can hop on any plane every other month for some lavish vacation?
He really could show some restraint and cut down the amount of pleasure trips.
The left blasted Bush for going to Crawford every summer, yet when he was there we weren't paying for him and his wife to book entire floors of hotels that most of us couldn't afford to spend one night in. Is he really that clueless?

Retrograde
1. Obama's taking vacations now?

He goes off to his native Hawai'i once a year, and I think Martha's Vineyard in the summer, but that's hardly anything compared to some of his predecessors!

:whatever:

Lawlbringer
4. Bush was at his Ranch for what seemed like 70% of his Presidency

and even Bill (My personal favorite President) Clinton seemed to be at Camp David all the time lol

Which leads me to believe that the White House isn't a very fun off-hours place. Wouldn't they want to make it a little more homey? Take a little break from working and go play some pinball or something.

Yeah Bush was at his ranch not expensive hotels, and I don't recall them having to use a separate plane for the first lady everytime they went somewhere.

PotatoChip
7. I know. Isn't it funny how repugs conveniently 'forget'

- or never acknowledged in the first place- how much time GW spent vacationing... or claimed to be "working" at 'The Western White House'? 

I doubt President Obama comes within 1/4 of the amount of time GW took for himself.

:whatever:

Raven
8. If some of these assholes stopped threatening his life

maybe he could fly commercial.

Maybe if you moonbats weren't constantly dreaming of executing Bush, he could have flown commercial.  :mental:

wandy
9. Just goes to show how dumb some of our red footed friends are.....

Obama and family have NO choice other than Air force 1.
We would not let the President of the United States go tramping around on a Gray Hound Bus.
No matter who the president is at the time.
And the whole security thing has got to be a real bitch.
My bet is Obama can't even go out in the back yard without 3 to 5 secret service agents hovering around him.
As it should/must be, no matter who the president is at the time.
If our red footed friends had to put up with that they'd be screaming about government intrusion.
But yes, Limpballs will tell them what a wast of taxpayer dollars it is.
And they all will echo the same Meme.

He does have a choice on whether he goes every other month on an expensive vacation though.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
What's a "Gray Hound bus"?

That bus line, I've never heard of.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline jukin

What a pant load from the POS POTUS!

The closer to him losing the election the more that micron thick veneer is going to come off of this fatally psychologically flawed man.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline formerlurker

This would be a blasé bit of news if 90 weren’t such a nice, round number, but, as it is, this represents a record of sorts. Not only did Barack Obama golf on Christmas day, but he hit the links yesterday, too — and that round marked the 90th of his presidency. As Keith Koffler of WhiteHouseDossier.com points out, the time he’s spent on a golf course — about four to five hours a round — is the equivalent of three full months.

http://hotair.com/archives/2011/12/27/obligatory-obama-plays-90th-round-of-golf-in-hawaii/

Offline JakeStyle

Rush was talking about this today.

OBAMA:  -- viewers about everything.  But the fact of the matter is, I think if you look at my track record, I'm raising a family here.  When we travel, we gotta travel through Secret Service in Air Force One.  That's not my choice.  I think most folks understand how hard I work and how hard this administration's working on behalf of the American people.

RUSH:  Wow, that's not very persuasive.  That's not very convincing. (imitating Obama) "You know, I really don't like this Air Force One. Secret Service makes Michelle take her own airplane, like when we're going to Martha's Vineyard on the same day but four hours apart, she took her own 757.  I had to wait for the 747.  But Secret Service makes us do all that.  The American people know how hard I'm working.  They know how hard I'm working.  I mean, if you look at the my track record, I'm raising a family here, for crying out loud."  I guess that raising a family, being president, is kind of a tough thing, huh?  Not as luxurious as staying at home and raising five kids and not really knowing what anything is all about.  But a question you don't hear asked.

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2012/04/13/st_louis_reporter_confronts_obama_about_jetting_around_on_vacation_and_intimidating_the_supreme_court

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
Rush was talking about this today.

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2012/04/13/st_louis_reporter_confronts_obama_about_jetting_around_on_vacation_and_intimidating_the_supreme_court

The democrats really don't need to be accusing the Romney family of being out of touch, neither of the 0bamas have a clue what life is like for most of us.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
What's a "Gray Hound bus"?

That bus line, I've never heard of.
That company, after going bankrupt, climbed out of chapter 11 and reorganized into a canadian company that manufactured the Magical Misery dunderBlunderBus tour bus. By Mattel. It would be a viable alternative to AirForce 1 for the Magic negro inaction figure. Also by Mattel.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
That company, after going bankrupt, climbed out of chapter 11 and reorganized into a canadian company that manufactured the Magical Misery dunderBlunderBus tour bus. By Mattel. It would be a viable alternative to AirForce 1 for the Magic negro inaction figure. Also by Mattel.

The bus was for show, he would fly to his next destination then have the bus pick him up at the airport.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
The bus was for show, he would fly to his next destination then have the bus pick him up at the airport.

Yeah.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Bad Dog

• God help me I do love it so
Another interesting tidbit, both Presidents Bush remained in the WH for Christmas eve & morning so SS & other employees could be with their families. Barry & Moochelle not so much.

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
My ass it's not his choice.

He chose to run for President.

That's about as retarded as him saying saying "it's not my choice" to live at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline obumazombie

My ass it's not his choice.

He chose to run for President.

That's about as retarded as him saying saying "it's not my choice" to live at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.
He's the President, who is telling him what to do, where to go, and when to do it ?
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
He's the President, who is telling him what to do, where to go, and when to do it ?

George Soros.

Offline obumazombie

George Soros.
Okay, you got me on that one. Add Moochelle, Ayers, and Jared to the list.

Offline Doubleplusungood

Offline DumbAss Tanker

monmouth

Obama says Air Force One travel is ‘not my choice'

Well of course it isn't.  No red stars on the wings, you know.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline obumazombie

Another good one. I'm getting swamped by this, okay add him to the list.

Offline Evil_Conservative

• Oh snap!
His response was the most out of touch reply I have heard in a LONG time!  You can chose not to go on so many damn vacations and golf outings.  I can't remember the last time our family had a vacation.  We went to Wisconsin/Illinois to visit family in November, so I guess we can call that a vacation.  But it was nothing like Hawaii or Martha's Vineyard for a few weeks.
You may call me Jessica or Jess.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: Obama says Air Force One travel is ‘not my choice' in sharp exchange
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2012, 08:02:15 PM »
His response was the most out of touch reply I have heard in a LONG time!  You can chose not to go on so many damn vacations and golf outings.  I can't remember the last time our family had a vacation.  We went to Wisconsin/Illinois to visit family in November, so I guess we can call that a vacation.  But it was nothing like Hawaii or Martha's Vineyard for a few weeks.
My last vacation was 2006, and it wasn't really 'my' vacation.  It was someone else's and I was just following along for the hell of it.  I had no say in what activities we did or where we stayed.

Other than my aunt's funeral, I haven't taken a day off since 2003.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
He's getting snippy because he's worn out from overwork.

He, the Wookie, and the kids haven't been on a vacation in what, three weeks?

Offline JakeStyle

He doesn't know what his job is beyond the photo ops and the campaign opportunities.  And he can always count on the press to turn his campaign ops into news.

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39

From everything I've read...Valerie Jarrett.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline obumazombie

She's on my list.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
If nuts like JimRob get their way, she'll be on the Supreme Court.

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
If nuts like JimRob get their way, she'll be on the Supreme Court.

JimRob as in FR's Jim Robinson?  :o