Author Topic: Where are the Conservatives?  (Read 27666 times)

Offline MrsSmith

Re: Where are the Conservatives?
« Reply #50 on: May 23, 2012, 11:03:32 PM »
The RNC is not going to endorse a conservative for 2012. Hence conservatives are not in control of the party. You certainly didn't think Romney, a republican from Massachusetts is a conservative did you? As an absolute, I guess we'll have to see but I would put Romney on the same level as an 80's democrat.   
He's better than the alternative.

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
« Reply #51 on: May 23, 2012, 11:14:44 PM »

We've basically got a choice between a day old pork pie and a shit sandwich.

Pass the hot sauce, and give me the pork pie, please. 

Offline remington762700

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #52 on: May 24, 2012, 12:29:45 AM »

So basically your choice is gun barrel to the left temple or gun barrel to the right temple. (The results are the same)

If there are 2 people running of which neither plans of "reducing" the size of government which would you vote for? Of the 2 people running neither will strengthen the second amendment so where does your vote go? If you feel abortion should be limited and neither party does anything to curb abortion to which candidate goes your support?

The point here is that true conservatives, meaning the ones that support the letter of the Constitution, conservatives that fight for a balance of power between the federal government and the States and those that believe government should never grow any bigger than it absolutely has to are aiding in the take over of the party they only "think" is their own.

Who was the last conservative President that advanced the conservative ideology? Regan. And that was almost a quarter century ago! Yet conservatives continue to support a party based upon 2 or 3 items to bait you into voting for an ideology that is NOT conservative but either through empty promises or similarities republicans support those who have no intention of advancing the conservative ideology .

I think most people hoped that Bush (41) would continue the policies of Regan and to some extent he did yet he was not conservative and by in large the party continued to skate on the policies Regan had implemented.

Along comes Newt Gingrich (94?) who proposes a conservative agenda for the first 100 days of Congress and incumbents are replaced everywhere by republicans suggesting a real possibility that THIS COUNTRY IS FUNDAMENTALLY CONSERVATIVE but by the time of the next Congressional election there is no such contract with America and the people go elsewhere and support waivers.

Bush (43) wins in 2000 and aside from getting his shoes wet by the tears of Al Gore offers very little in the way of a conservative ideology other than a tax break after we had been attacked and when the county could least afford it and rebuild the Armed Forces previously gutted by Clinton.

In 2008 John McCain chose Palin for 2 reasons. A) She's considered a minority (to counter Obama's minority status of being black.........OK "half" black) and B) to sucker in conservatives to inadvertently support McCain only because Palin was more conservative than he was!!   

So I ask you; when a republican seeks to win an election and doesn't based upon the idea that his own base believes he/she's moved too far to the left isn't there a very real possibility that in a race in the next election a candidate will be fielded who has to move back to the right to win the election?

As a follow up I might also add; If Romney should win the Presidency in the fall, why should he go out of his way to advance a conservative agenda when Rhino's and moderates aligned closer to center were the overwhelming force that put him in office?

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #53 on: May 24, 2012, 03:35:08 AM »
So where is the conservative candidate for this cycle? Hmm?

Unfortuneately Santorum didn't get the nod.

But just because the Conservative candidate didn't garner the most votes doesn't mean Conservatism is dead.  That's shortsighted thinking on your part.

That's like saying because Goldwater lost in '64 or Reagan didn't get the nomination in '76 that Conservatism died then. 

It didn't and it hasn't.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #54 on: May 24, 2012, 03:36:42 AM »
So basically your choice is gun barrel to the left temple or gun barrel to the right temple. (The results are the same)

If there are 2 people running of which neither plans of "reducing" the size of government which would you vote for? Of the 2 people running neither will strengthen the second amendment so where does your vote go? If you feel abortion should be limited and neither party does anything to curb abortion to which candidate goes your support?

The point here is that true conservatives, meaning the ones that support the letter of the Constitution, conservatives that fight for a balance of power between the federal government and the States and those that believe government should never grow any bigger than it absolutely has to are aiding in the take over of the party they only "think" is their own.

Who was the last conservative President that advanced the conservative ideology? Regan. And that was almost a quarter century ago! Yet conservatives continue to support a party based upon 2 or 3 items to bait you into voting for an ideology that is NOT conservative but either through empty promises or similarities republicans support those who have no intention of advancing the conservative ideology .

I think most people hoped that Bush (41) would continue the policies of Regan and to some extent he did yet he was not conservative and by in large the party continued to skate on the policies Regan had implemented.

Along comes Newt Gingrich (94?) who proposes a conservative agenda for the first 100 days of Congress and incumbents are replaced everywhere by republicans suggesting a real possibility that THIS COUNTRY IS FUNDAMENTALLY CONSERVATIVE but by the time of the next Congressional election there is no such contract with America and the people go elsewhere and support waivers.

Bush (43) wins in 2000 and aside from getting his shoes wet by the tears of Al Gore offers very little in the way of a conservative ideology other than a tax break after we had been attacked and when the county could least afford it and rebuild the Armed Forces previously gutted by Clinton.

In 2008 John McCain chose Palin for 2 reasons. A) She's considered a minority (to counter Obama's minority status of being black.........OK "half" black) and B) to sucker in conservatives to inadvertently support McCain only because Palin was more conservative than he was!!   

So I ask you; when a republican seeks to win an election and doesn't based upon the idea that his own base believes he/she's moved too far to the left isn't there a very real possibility that in a race in the next election a candidate will be fielded who has to move back to the right to win the election?

As a follow up I might also add; If Romney should win the Presidency in the fall, why should he go out of his way to advance a conservative agenda when Rhino's and moderates aligned closer to center were the overwhelming force that put him in office?

Let me guess...you're not going to vote this year as a protest right?

:whatever:
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #55 on: May 24, 2012, 04:33:50 AM »
Obviously, the "true" conservative in the race is the nutjob with the blimp.

Ron Paul, right?

Lol.
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #56 on: May 24, 2012, 04:49:12 AM »

Who was the last conservative President that advanced the conservative ideology? Regan.  Regan  Regan
I've only seen a few posters misspell his name.  All were trolls or Paultards. (Not that there is much difference between those critters)  You are not impressing us.

Reality sucks.  We can choose Obama or a RINO.  Obama will continue to raise energy prices, destroy coal power, refuse oil leases, bow to foreign leaders & kiss everyone's butt except those who pay the bills in this country (remember his bestest buddy is the CEO of GE, which pays no US tax.)

Romney is the only choice.  Paul has no chance, he's just too stupid to admit it. (Not a shining quality for a president, either.)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 04:53:08 AM by MrsSmith »

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline remington762700

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #57 on: May 24, 2012, 06:12:07 AM »
Unfortuneately Santorum didn't get the nod.

But just because the Conservative candidate didn't garner the most votes doesn't mean Conservatism is dead.  That's shortsighted thinking on your part.

That's like saying because Goldwater lost in '64 or Reagan didn't get the nomination in '76 that Conservatism died then. 

It didn't and it hasn't.

Oh? When was the last time a democrat was elected who "wasn't" a liberal? I'm not going to argue "who" was/is the most liberal member of Congress but Obama AND Kerry have been accused of having the most liberal of voting records and both got their parties nomination. Wasn't Clinton a liberal?

And for the record, I DON'T WANT conservatism to be a non-viable political entity but that doesn't change the reality that conservatives have not been able to put a true conservative on the ballot for 25 years. The democrat party has been ejecting non radical democrats for 20 years such as Zed Miller who wrote a book on the changing nature of his own party (Titled; "Where's my Party' or something like that) My argument isn't that conservatism doesn't exist, my argument is that the party has moved dramatically left, is in the throws of a power struggle between those who want to cast off conservative issues such as abortion, taxes, small government and the Constitution because some feel it is standing in the way of wining elections.

A win for Romney is a win for moderates who do not hold the same values on conservatism that real conservatives do drawing people in from the farthest reaches of the conservative left who will later not support an attempt to nominate a conservative candidate.

Offline Revolution

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • 8/20/50 - 3/8/12 Love you, Pop
« Reply #58 on: May 24, 2012, 06:13:58 AM »
:popcorn:

:popcorn: I think the dust had just settled just before you entered the room........

I can tell we'll just be the best of friends....

:usflag: :salutearmy: :saluteaf: :saluteusmc: :salutenavy: :taps:
THANK YOU for what you do!

soon as you find your manhood all else falls into place.

Quote from: Greg Gutfeld
If Ft. Hood was "workplace violence," then the Hindenburg was an air show.

Guns do not kill people. Rotting, festering, disgusting, grimy, evil, un-reparable souls kill people.

I don't know if sand glows in the dark, but we're gonna find out.

3x PROUD Facebook Felon!!

Offline remington762700

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #59 on: May 24, 2012, 06:16:00 AM »

Reality sucks.  We can choose Obama or a RINO.  Obama will continue to raise energy prices, destroy coal power, refuse oil leases, bow to foreign leaders & kiss everyone's butt except those who pay the bills in this country (remember his bestest buddy is the CEO of GE, which pays no US tax.)

Romney is the only choice.  Paul has no chance, he's just too stupid to admit it. (Not a shining quality for a president, either.)

And all I am saying is that supporting either (of course Romney is the better choice) will not advance the conservative agenda.

Offline Revolution

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • 8/20/50 - 3/8/12 Love you, Pop
« Reply #60 on: May 24, 2012, 06:17:31 AM »
There's a clear choice come November. Romney, or Death. (aka Barrack Hussein Obama. Mmmmmm, Mmmm, Mmmmm)

:usflag: :salutearmy: :saluteaf: :saluteusmc: :salutenavy: :taps:
THANK YOU for what you do!

soon as you find your manhood all else falls into place.

Quote from: Greg Gutfeld
If Ft. Hood was "workplace violence," then the Hindenburg was an air show.

Guns do not kill people. Rotting, festering, disgusting, grimy, evil, un-reparable souls kill people.

I don't know if sand glows in the dark, but we're gonna find out.

3x PROUD Facebook Felon!!

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #61 on: May 24, 2012, 07:01:36 AM »
I stopped reading when he misspelled Reagan. :censored:

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline UncommonSense

• Banned
« Reply #62 on: May 24, 2012, 07:22:34 AM »
I stopped reading when he misspelled Reagan. :censored:

Give the guy a break. I can't spell for shit, dose that make me dumb?

Errr....Never mind, don't answer that!  :-)

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #63 on: May 24, 2012, 07:23:14 AM »
Give the guy a break. I can't spell for shit, dose that make me dumb?

Errr....Never mind, don't answer that!  :-)

You don't **** up Reagan's name.   :mad:

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #64 on: May 24, 2012, 09:14:31 AM »
Why don't you tell us?

So enough whinging, Remington. Answer wasp's question:

Who's YOUR candy-date, now that the following has happened?

1.  Herman Cain went belly up due to his marital infidelities and a Dem/MSM witchhunt.
2.  Bachmann went belly up because she knew, as a representative in Congress, there was no way she'd be nominated.
3.  Perry went belly up for whatever reason.
4.  Huntsman went belly up (yet another RINO).
5.  Santorum went belly up because he didn't have the money, the organization, or the head start that Romney got.
6.  Gingrich went belly up since he couldn't focus on the issues and had to attack Romney and whine and bitch about the results.
7.  Did I miss anybody?  Oh yeah. Dr. Nutz. The original Paultard. He's still in the running, but at his advanced age, he's slowed down to a geezer crawl.

So spare us the rhetoric, remington.

Who's your "true conservative?"
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #65 on: May 24, 2012, 10:01:32 AM »
The RNC is not going to endorse a conservative for 2012. Hence conservatives are not in control of the party. You certainly didn't think Romney, a republican from Massachusetts is a conservative did you? As an absolute, I guess we'll have to see but I would put Romney on the same level as an 80's democrat.   

That's nice.  You didn't answer my question, so I will clarify:  Who do you think is the true Conservative candidate?
"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

John C Calhoun, "Disquisition on Government", 1840

Offline Kyle Ricky

« Reply #66 on: May 24, 2012, 10:21:41 AM »
I am looking more at Romney as a social conservative. There is no way we will ever have a President as great as Reagan was again. He was a once in a life time American dream President. I am glad that I was able to live through his Presidency and witness it.

Anyway, back on topic: Romney is against gay marriage, and he is against abortion (unlike Obama). He also WILL repeal obamacare (unlike Obama), he loves the military and this country (unlike Obama), he will not bow down to the arabs (unlike Obama), he will sign the keystone pipe line deal (unlike Obama), he will lift he moratorium in the gulf, atlantic, and pacific ocean (unlike Obama). He will also not bow down to the unions (unlike Obama). -- And last but certainly not least: ROMNEY PUTS HIS HAND ON HIS HEART WHEN HE IS SAYING THE PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE, OR WHEN THE NATIONAL ANTHEM IS BEING PLAYED (unlike Obama, who refuses to say the pledge, and put his hand on his heart during it)

I was never a supporter of Obama, but since he came out in favor of gay marriage, there is no way I could ever support him now. You will find that a lot of people feel the same. All you have to do is look at the recent polls to see that.

Edit: I edited this for spelling
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 10:52:37 AM by Kyle Ricky »

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #67 on: May 24, 2012, 10:50:50 AM »
I am looking more at Romney as a social conservative. There is no way we will ever have a President as great as Reagan was again. He was a once in a life time American dream President. I am glad that I was able to live through his Presidency and witness it.

Anyway, back on topic: Romney is against gay marriage, and he is against abortion (unlike Obama). He also WILL appeal obamacare (unlike Obama), he loves the military and this country (unlike Obama), he will not bow down to the arabs (unlike Obama), he will sign the keystone pipe line deal (unlike Obama), he will lift he moratorium in the gulf, atlantic, and pacific ocean (unlike Obama). He will also not bow down to the unions (unlike Obama). -- And last but certainly not least: ROMNEY PUTS HIS HAND ON HIS HEART WHEN HE IS SAYING THE PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE, OR WHEN THE NATIONAL ANTHEM IS BEING PLAYED (unlike Obama, who refuses to say the pledge, and put his hand on his heart during it)

I was never a supporter of Obama, but since he came out in favor of gay marriage, there is no way I could ever support him now. You will find that a lot of people feel the same. All you have to do is look at the recent polls to see that.

I absolutely do not agree with your contention that Romney will repeal Obamacare. Let's not forget about his little brainchild turd that he deposited and left, stinking and smelling, in the Bay State.

The BEST we could hope for is a restructuring of Obamacare (if it isn't struck down in its entirety by SCOTUS) to something that addresses the mandate yet retains the free health insurance for lots of other stinking and smelling turds out there.

Offline Kyle Ricky

« Reply #68 on: May 24, 2012, 10:56:25 AM »
I absolutely do not agree with your contention that Romney will repeal Obamacare. Let's not forget about his little brainchild turd that he deposited and left, stinking and smelling, in the Bay State.

The BEST we could hope for is a restructuring of Obamacare (if it isn't struck down in its entirety by SCOTUS) to something that addresses the mandate yet retains the free health insurance for lots of other stinking and smelling turds out there.

He has been saying over and over again that on his first day in office, he will repeal obamacare. I guess we will have to wait and see. And yes, with SCOTUS telling their decision on it the first or second week of June, Romney might not even have to worry about it.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #69 on: May 24, 2012, 10:58:36 AM »
He has been saying over and over again that on his first day in office, he will repeal obamacare. I guess we will have to wait and see. With SCOTUS telling their decision on it the first or second week of June, Romney might not even have to worry about it.

Romney is lying. Pure and simple. On this score, you cannot trust this flipflopper to honor his CAMPAIGN PROMISES. Campaign promises, by definition, aren't worth the pixels it takes to display them on screen. That runs true for ANY politician.

Offline Kyle Ricky

« Reply #70 on: May 24, 2012, 11:03:45 AM »
Romney is lying. Pure and simple. On this score, you cannot trust this flipflopper to honor his CAMPAIGN PROMISES. Campaign promises, by definition, aren't worth the pixels it takes to display them on screen. That runs true for ANY politician.

I guess we will have to wait and see. If it turns out that he lied and will not repeal it. His chances of a second term will be slim to none. That makes me think of Bush Sr. and "Read my lips".

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #71 on: May 24, 2012, 12:04:59 PM »
And all I am saying is that supporting either (of course Romney is the better choice) will not advance the conservative agenda.
The first step in advancing the conservative agenda is halting the advance of the liberal agenda.

Also,
Quote from MrsSmith...

"I've only seen a few posters misspell his name.  All were trolls or Paultards. (Not that there is much difference between those critters)  You are not impressing us."
Nice catch. I would have missed it.

edited to add quote
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 12:08:30 PM by obumazombie »
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #72 on: May 24, 2012, 01:45:14 PM »
Oh? When was the last time a democrat was elected who "wasn't" a liberal?

No one that I can think of in the last 200 years.  Not as President anyway.

A win for Romney is a win for moderates who do not hold the same values on conservatism that real conservatives do drawing people in from the farthest reaches of the conservative left who will later not support an attempt to nominate a conservative candidate.

Romney is certainly not the conservative choice...but he is the anti-Obama choice.  ANd right now what concerns me most is getting the Communist comment organizer out of office before he makes Carter look anymore competent than he already has.

That should be everyone's focus right now.

Offline Freeper

• Topic Moderator
  • Creepy ass cracker.
Re: Re: Re: Where are the Conservatives?
« Reply #73 on: May 24, 2012, 03:31:27 PM »

Odds are if the house and senate repeals it, he will sign the repeal bill.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline UncommonSense

• Banned
« Reply #74 on: May 24, 2012, 03:35:09 PM »
Why can't someone just admit that Rem is right?

The Conservative party has had to slide father and father away from it's ideology in order to find support.  The Liberal nominee is, well, Liberal and hasn't had to shift to pander to Conservatives the way that Romney, a man with a mouth on both sides of his face, has had to.

The Conservative nominee, as Eupher has pointed out, is a guy who's health care plan for his state is almost indistinguishable form the one Obama is pitching.  That should be blasphemy from the conservative viewpoint.  In all fairness though, the list of potential candidates was a sorry ass lot this time around.  I bet Bob Dole wishes he was still around!

Now, I'm not bashing Conservatism per se, but just to point out that Rem makes an interesting point and exploit that point just a little tinnie, tiny bit  :-).