Author Topic: Hello.  (Read 30996 times)

Offline Doktor Howl

• Banned
  • Poster boy for the mentally challenged
Re: Hello.
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2011, 12:53:42 PM »
If Palin/Bachmann ran on the same ticket, you would _________.

...Vote for Harold Stassen, and then get very, very drunk, so as to bear the pain of watching The Smiler kick their asses on election night.

Bachmann has 4% of the vote among republicans.  That's just for the primary.

Sarah Palin now has 67%...republicans that won't vote for her.
What can we do to help you stop screaming?

Offline Doktor Howl

• Banned
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2011, 12:55:43 PM »
Welcome!

Unless, that is, you start praising Ron Paul....

No danger of that.

Intolerance, btw, is prevalant on both extremes; that's why they're extreme. I think, if you give this place a try, you'll like it.

Obviously.  An extremist is merely someone who has stopped thinking.  That happens in every party and/or political philosophy.

Offline Doktor Howl

• Banned
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2011, 01:04:07 PM »
Just did some digging, BTW...The BEST numbers shown for Palin and Bachmann are 15% and 11%, respectively, and that's entirely overlap.  IOW, together they poll about ~ 15% as a team.

By contrast, Romney is pulling down about 21%.  (Not endorsing Romney, here, just stating the numbers).

Offline Evil_Conservative

• Oh snap!
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2011, 01:05:29 PM »
What is your stance on abortion?
You may call me Jessica or Jess.

Offline Doktor Howl

• Banned
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2011, 01:07:33 PM »
What is your stance on abortion?

Does it result in less assholes around me?  If so, I'm for it.  As I said in the OP, I'm not a people person.

Offline Doktor Howl

• Banned
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2011, 01:12:17 PM »
Perhaps a better way to say this is:  These are the only things I find important, in no particular order:

1.  The national debt (and the deficit, of course).
2.  Taxation at the lowest rates that are both possible and responsible, given the other items on this list.
3.  Infrastructure.  It's hard to maintain an economy if your roads and bridges are falling apart.
4.  Continual modernization of the military.
5.  Ensuring that energy needs are met.
6.  Preservation of individual liberty above all else, including "national security" (TSA backscatter devices come to mind).
7.  Increase in American domestic industry.
8.  Suppression of stupid crap like "carbon tax", etc.
9.  Getting ourselves out of foreign wars that cost us trillions and gain us nothing.
10.  Finding new and interesting ways to get our enemies to fight each other.

• Oh snap!
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2011, 01:33:44 PM »
Does it result in less assholes around me?  If so, I'm for it.  As I said in the OP, I'm not a people person.

Tell us how you really feel.

Offline Doktor Howl

• Banned
« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2011, 01:36:14 PM »
Tell us how you really feel.

Okay.

90% of everyone I know should be punted back into their mother's womb and THEN aborted.

:naughty:

• Oh snap!
« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2011, 01:45:24 PM »
Okay.

90% of everyone I know should be punted back into their mother's womb and THEN aborted.

Including you?

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2011, 01:48:20 PM »
Okay.

Why is it you advocate that? What is it about people that piss you off on such a massive scale? Do you think your antipathy toward people stems from YOU, or is it something inherent in people in general?

In other words, why the arrogance? Do you offer society something more valuable than, say a truck driver? Housewife and mother? CEO of Godfather's Pizza, Corp.?

Just curious.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2011, 02:50:16 PM »

Waterboarding and up, IMO.  The guideline we are held to by treaty (and thus by article VI of the constitution) is the Geneva Convention's definition, as listed under article 147.

When the Hajis start abiding by the Geneva Conventions, we'll follow suit. Cool?
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Doktor Howl

• Banned
« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2011, 02:57:29 PM »
Including you?

No.  I am a special snowflake.

Offline Doktor Howl

• Banned
« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2011, 02:58:31 PM »
When the Hajis start abiding by the Geneva Conventions, we'll follow suit. Cool?

Sure, if using the moral standards of criminals and barbarians as your baseline is okay, I guess.

Offline Doktor Howl

• Banned
« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2011, 03:02:18 PM »
Why is it you advocate that? What is it about people that piss you off on such a massive scale? Do you think your antipathy toward people stems from YOU, or is it something inherent in people in general?

Oh, I think it's probably me.  I am basically just a very unpleasant person that is offended by the stupidity of others (my own stupidity I'm okay with).  I'm comfortable with that, as humanity continues to live up to my very low expectations of it.

In other words, why the arrogance? Do you offer society something more valuable than, say a truck driver? Housewife and mother? CEO of Godfather's Pizza, Corp.?

Just curious.

Nope.  I'm just an industrial maintenance geek who made good.  One of tens of thousands.

• Oh snap!
« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2011, 03:06:03 PM »
No.  I am a special snowflake.

Uh huh.  It's a pleasure to meet you.  Good luck.

Offline Doktor Howl

• Banned
« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2011, 03:08:26 PM »
Uh huh.  It's a pleasure to meet you.  Good luck.

Nice to meet you, too.

I won't be invoicing you for the sarcasm.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: June 07, 2011, 03:10:33 PM »
Sure, if using the moral standards of criminals and barbarians as your baseline is okay, I guess.

Fighting with one arm tied behind one's back against an opponent who's using every weapon to his avail has never won a war. We didn't beat the Japanese by playing nice either.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: June 07, 2011, 03:13:07 PM »
BTW, we signed those damn conventions so that there was some mutual understanding that our POWs wouldn't be harmed while being held. Since there IS no mutual understanding between us and the Hajis, who would just as soon blow up a day care, those conventions don't mean dick.

We did NOT sign them out of the kindness of our hearts, but out of concern for our own POWs. Since decent treatment by our enemy waved bye bye long ago was never even PRESENT, to hell with those conventions.

Offline Doktor Howl

• Banned
« Reply #43 on: June 07, 2011, 03:14:11 PM »
Fighting with one arm tied behind one's back against an opponent who's using every weapon to his avail has never won a war. We didn't beat the Japanese by playing nice either.

No, we beat the Japanese by outproducing them, crippling their navy, starving and blowing up their occupation forces, and then - just for good measure - dropping a couple of nukes on them (lesson:  don't wage total war and lose).

Oddly enough, none of those were GC violations, and thus were not a violation of a ratified treaty, therefore not a constitutional violation.

There are perfectly sound methods of interrogation that work, that don't involve turning ourselves into barbarians.

Offline Doktor Howl

• Banned
« Reply #44 on: June 07, 2011, 03:15:19 PM »
BTW, we signed those damn conventions so that there was some mutual understanding that our POWs wouldn't be harmed while being held. Since there IS no mutual understanding between us and the Hajis, who would just as soon blow up a day care, those conventions don't mean dick.

The GC requires signatory nations to adhere to it, regardless of whom they are fighting.  And since it's a ratified treaty, article VI of the constitution requires that we comply.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #45 on: June 07, 2011, 03:15:34 PM »
No, we beat the Japanese by outproducing them, crippling their navy, starving and blowing up their occupation forces, and then - just for good measure - dropping a couple of nukes on them (lesson:  don't wage total war and lose).

Oddly enough, none of those were GC violations, and thus were not a violation of a ratified treaty, therefore not a constitutional violation.

There are perfectly sound methods of interrogation that work, that don't involve turning ourselves into barbarians.

Care to point out where I said they violated a convention that had yet to be written? I said we didn't play nice with an enemy that wasn't playing nice. That's the entire point.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #46 on: June 07, 2011, 03:16:24 PM »
The GC requires signatory nations to adhere to it, regardless of whom they are fighting.  And since it's a ratified treaty, article VI of the constitution requires that we comply.

Hmm, Ok, show me where the Muslim radicals signed. I'll wait.

I also posted this:

We did NOT sign them out of the kindness of our hearts, but out of concern for our own POWs. Since decent treatment by our enemy waved bye bye long ago was never even PRESENT, to hell with those conventions.

Offline Doktor Howl

• Banned
« Reply #47 on: June 07, 2011, 03:20:16 PM »
Care to point out where I said they violated a convention that had yet to be written? I said we didn't play nice with an enemy that wasn't playing nice. That's the entire point.

The GC has been in effect in one form or another since 1882.  We are currently on the 4th convention.

And nobody says you have to play nice.  What the GC DOES say is that torture is out of bounds.  And with better methods of getting Habib to spill his guts, why bother giving the government the power to do this sort of thing?

I mean, think it all the way through.  Once you make it okay for a good reason, someone will find a way to make it okay for a bad reason.

You don't think Napalitano would hesitate for a second to use this sort of shit on Americans, if she could dress it up as "national security"?

Offline Doktor Howl

• Banned
« Reply #48 on: June 07, 2011, 03:21:51 PM »
Hmm, Ok, show me where the Muslim radicals signed. I'll wait.

I also posted this:

And as I said, the GC requires all signatories to adhere to it no matter whom they are fighting.

Either you have a constitution, or you don't.  If you do, article VI demands compliance.  If you don't then this subject is the very least of your worries.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #49 on: June 07, 2011, 03:24:48 PM »
The GC has been in effect in one form or another since 1882.  We are currently on the 4th convention.

And nobody says you have to play nice.  What the GC DOES say is that torture is out of bounds.  And with better methods of getting Habib to spill his guts, why bother giving the government the power to do this sort of thing?

I mean, think it all the way through.  Once you make it okay for a good reason, someone will find a way to make it okay for a bad reason.

You don't think Napalitano would hesitate for a second to use this sort of shit on Americans, if she could dress it up as "national security"?

I have thought about it through and through and I have absolutely no problem with it. As for using it on American citizens, it violates the US Constitution. Last I checked, we're not waterboarding US citizens but Hajis caught on the battlefield. If they are American citizens, they've essentially renounced their citizenship by proxy.

You think torture is waterboarding and, I guess, that would include PsyOps. I don't. I believe torture is shoving bamboo shoots up fingernails, ripping out fingernails, breaking femurs, shoving glass tubes up dicks and then breaking them, etc.