Author Topic: On all the great social issues of our time, "The Left" has already won.  (Read 20031 times)

Offline Laelth

• Banned
Re: On all the great social issues of our time, "The Left" has already won.
« Reply #50 on: October 03, 2013, 06:26:47 AM »
Yes, you did. And then immediately compared THOSE Democrats to conservatives.

How 'bout them racist Dems, Laelth? Gonna throw a brick through THAT window?
There are plenty of racist Democrats just as there are plenty of racist Republicans.  I would add, however, that from my experience the United States is one of the least racist nations on Earth.  Racism remains real, and racism is global, but, here in the U.S., it's an issue we talk about, think about, and try to combat.  We actually have laws on the books to address this issue, unlike many nations.  On this issue, we are the world's leader--the most multicultural and diverse nation on Earth.  I am very proud of my country for its advances in this area.

But racism still exists, and there are people of all political persuasions who are racists, including Democrats.

-Laelth
We are all in this boat together.

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #51 on: October 03, 2013, 07:38:23 AM »
There are plenty of racist Democrats just as there are plenty of racist Republicans.  

Like who?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #52 on: October 03, 2013, 07:44:55 AM »
It's not winning to kill defenseless babies.  Why are you spiking the football with their savage death?  :(

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #53 on: October 03, 2013, 07:50:11 AM »
It's not winning to kill defenseless babies.  Why are you spiking the football with their savage death?  :(

Laelth is a slick-tongued, obsequious, smarmy liberal who pretends he wants to discuss "the issues." All he really wants to do is see his screen name while he hovers over a computer screen in Mommy's basement.

Laelth no more cares about aborted, murdered babies than he cares about moving out of Mommy's basement.

You see, Laelth worships government control. He subscribes to the liberal, Proglodyte mantra that the government knows what's best for you, me, and him.

He's steadfast in his beliefs -- I definitely get that.

So WTF is he here?

Answer -- to spread his goober dust around the place. Someone else will clean it up.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #54 on: October 03, 2013, 07:54:01 AM »

Because Libs look at the ability to murder an unborn child any time they feel like it as:

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #55 on: October 03, 2013, 07:59:02 AM »
Laelth is a slick-tongued, obsequious, smarmy liberal who pretends he wants to discuss "the issues." All he really wants to do is see his screen name while he hovers over a computer screen in Mommy's basement.

Laelth no more cares about aborted, murdered babies than he cares about moving out of Mommy's basement.

You see, Laelth worships government control. He subscribes to the liberal, Proglodyte mantra that the government knows what's best for you, me, and him.

He's steadfast in his beliefs -- I definitely get that.

So WTF is he here?

Answer -- to spread his goober dust around the place. Someone else will clean it up.

You know a couple things just ocurred to me.  This troll showed up the day the Gov't shut down.

He's a lawyer from Georgia.

I wonder if it's Hank Johnson, Jr or John Lewis that he calls boss.

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #56 on: October 03, 2013, 08:02:04 AM »
Whatever he is he is not going to change our minds because we at least have a heart.  Him, not so sure.  Anyone that rejoices in killing human life is too far gone.

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline Laelth

• Banned
Re:
« Reply #57 on: October 03, 2013, 08:18:19 AM »
Then why don't you make your beliefs known and quit acting like a scrunt fart.

Scrunt fart?  That's one I haven't heard before.

As for my beliefs, I have written plenty on what I think as a Google search for my handle will quickly demonstrate.  I thought I'd check in and see what you think.

-Laelth

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
Re:
« Reply #58 on: October 03, 2013, 08:21:49 AM »
Scrunt fart?  That's one I haven't heard before.

As for my beliefs, I have written plenty on what I think as a Google search for my handle will quickly demonstrate.  I thought I'd check in and see what you think.

-Laelth

WE think you're an idiot.  Don't need to Google you *****...you're not famous and we've got all the evidence that you don't know jack right here in your posts on CC.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Re:
« Reply #59 on: October 03, 2013, 08:35:22 AM »
Scrunt fart?  That's one I haven't heard before.

As for my beliefs, I have written plenty on what I think as a Google search for my handle will quickly demonstrate.  I thought I'd check in and see what you think.

-Laelth

Why? What do you hope to gain? Do you actually think that you and your ilk are going to "convert" any of us here? Well, I can't speak for anyone but myself, of course, but to me, it's arrogance personified for a Proglodyte to occasionally drop in (sorta like a steaming turd) into a decidedly different community and "gloat" the way you did in your OP.

You and your ilk aren't interested in exchanging ideas. You just want to spread your filth around.

As far as I'm concerned, when you Proglodytes and Fascists (yes, if you're following the teachings of Brother Barry, you're most definitely a Fascist), celebrate the killing of the unborn, you've already lost. We don't even need to discuss the other talking points in your screed.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Happy Fun Ball

« Reply #60 on: October 03, 2013, 09:34:53 AM »
I don't think he rejoices in the killing of the unborn per se. Let's take a look at that list in the OP:

1. Abortion: Ever since Roe v. Wade, tens of millions of abortions were performed. The traditional and christian view is that all life is sacred, and the killing of millions of the most innocent is an affront to all those who value life.

2. Gay Marriage: For thousands of years, marriage has always been between a man and woman. Now some want to change that. Why? Fairness? Equal rights? They may say it's that, but it's really because they want to break down the traditional definition of marriage.

3. Marijuana: Since the 60s, marijuana use is seen as rebeling against the establishment, which back then was much more moral and God-fearing than today. Now, the establishment is a near all-powerful federal government, but marijuana use is still basically rebeling against the old ways and traditions.

4. Civil Rights: Never mind that republicans are the ones who were responsible for the Civil Rights Act or ending slavery. And never mind that democrats were responsible for the Jim Crowe laws or Ku Klux Klan (i.e. Robert Byrd), or that they tried to filibuster the Civil Rights Act (like Al Gore Sr.). No, forget all that. And forget how Lyndon Johnson and the so-called Great Society took the once strong black people and turned an entire race into a permanent underclass caste and annihilated the black family. And to add insult to injury, they tell them that if they ever try to get out of that miasma and become independent and self-sufficient, they are called Uncle Toms, Oreos, sell-outs, or worse.

No, all that is meaningless because only the republicans can be racists. Democrats can never, ever, EVER be racist. Black...white...doesn't matter. If you're a republican, you're a racist. Democrat? Not racist. They call Nazis right-wingers and many times I've heard them actually call Hitler a christian in order to smear not so much Hitler, but christianity in general. They can't deny the Holocaust (though some do actually try), so they had to change it so that the Nazis were on the right and not the left. Same with Mussolini fascism.

Liberals hate God, the Bible, christianity, conservatives, and the old traditions that they see as being rooted in the Bible. They want to tear down the old traditions and taboos, and any time something happens that's a direct affront to God, they celebrate, not just because they think they won some moral victory, but much more because it's like a giant middle finger in the face of those who still want the country to remain as it was founded. They get themselves all worked up about so-called "Dominonists" or "Theocrats" or whatever that might take over and supposedly turn this country into ancient Israel during the Judges. Funny, they don't seem to have a real problem with Sharia though.

That is what he and the other liberals rejoice and revel in. Not so much the death of millions upon millions of unborn. It's that we're repulsed and offended by it and consider it a great atrocity. They have no problems offending christians and conservatives. They will react like angry bees if the wrong person gets offended in even the slightest way, but us? "Deal with it (usually followed by a bunch of profanity)." In fact, they enjoy it. Why else would the OP come here and post that except to gloat and "rub our noses in it" because he thinks their side is winning?
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 09:59:26 AM by Happy Fun Ball »

Offline Laelth

• Banned
« Reply #61 on: October 03, 2013, 10:07:29 AM »
The great error in your statement is the idea that you listed "the great social issues of our time."  In promoting leftist policies as the cure-all for  the "great social issues" of his time, a Democrat president once said, "“I'll have those ******s voting Democratic for the next 200 years."  Nothing has changed for the left.
I will admit, that I have no idea what you consider to be "the great social issues of our time."  I listed a few in hopes of getting a response, but it became clear to me that a number of people see gun rights as a social issue.  Fine.  On that one, the right has won (for the moment), but I was looking to see what conservatives thought about these issues.  To the extent you have answered my question from your own perspective, I thank you.

Try this little mental exercise, leftie: The power is shut off in your entire state for two weeks. No running water. No sanitation. No stores selling groceries. No phone service. No Internet. No gas at the gas pumps. No public transportation. No law enforcement. No fire service. Who gives a shit about same sex marriage now?
Indeed, social issues mean very little when life's necessities are at risk.  That, in fact, is what drives this line of questioning.  I am less-and-less concerned about these social issues these days as economic, material issues become more prominent in my life (as they are for millions of Americans).  How will the Republican Party survive without these wedge issues to divide people?  It's a good question.

Here is an important social issue: Suckling from the government teat. What will the helpless leftists do when Unca Suga's milk tit runs dry? What will you do about the rioting ghetto dwellers who expect you to feed them?
Lots of people suck from the government teat, and the ones who get the big government bucks are quite wealthy already.  I will agree to look at (and restrain) the poor and middle-classed people who suck off the government teat as soon as we enact laws that prevent rich people from sucking off the government teat.  When that happens, we'll talk.

How about this: Crushing our children and grandchildren with ballooning government debt and devaluing money. Have you ever heard of the Wiemar Republic? We're almost there.
Not even close, my friend.  We are the hardest-working people on Earth.  We go to work, we pay our taxes, and we pay our bills.  We can continue to borrow money into the foreseeable future.  I do not see what you see on this issue.

Here is another: The systematic destruction of the American spirit of adventure and self-reliance. How many generations do you envision from you to abject slavery?
Slavery ... hmm. Give me a $15/hr. minimum wage, and your slavery fantasies will evaporate.  When the poor and middle-class have a lot of money to spend, we all get richer.  We will always have our entrepreneurs.  We have been the most inventive and productive people the world has ever seen, and I don't see that changing (no matter how much the "evil" left tries to spread the wealth and insure that capitalism's benefits are fairly distributed to all members of this society).

On the real social issues of our time, the left is ass-backwards and moving father to the rear all the time.
Strangely enough, you engaged me on economic issues (the ones I think really matter now).  The "social issues" are ones I think the left has already won (for better or for worse), and you proved this point with your post. Thanks.

-Laelth
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 10:09:42 AM by Laelth »

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #62 on: October 03, 2013, 10:21:08 AM »
but it became clear to me that a number of people see gun rights as a social issue.  Fine.  On that one, the right has won (for the moment),

And right there folks the lefty Congressional staffer gives some insight into the Libs plan to continue their assault on the 2ns Amendment.

You claim in your bio that you support and defend the Constitution (paraphrasing).  Yet you seem disaapointed the 2nd Amendment is still standing.

Why is that?

How will the Republican Party survive without these wedge issues to divide people?  It's a good question.

Republicans are the ones pushing wedge issues.  It's you Libtards that seperate and segregate everyone by age sexual preference gender skin color etc...then brainwash them into thinking they are victims of "the man" and can only scrape by in life if they support the failed policies of the Liberal Democrat party.

It's you leftist ideologues driiving the wedge deeper and deeper into the country.

Lots of people suck from the government teat

47% to be exact.  Romney was right on that one.

and the ones who get the big government bucks are quite wealthy already

They're called Obama donors.

as soon as we enact laws that prevent rich people from sucking off the government teat

WTF are you talking about?

We go to work, we pay our taxes, and we pay our bills.

The amount of people doing that is shrinking rapidly compared to the ones taking everything for nothing.

We can continue to borrow money into the foreseeable future.

No we can't.  that is a lie.

I do not see what you see on this issue.

Of course not you are a Paul Krugman type Keynesian economics Libtard.

Offline RayRaytheSBS

• "There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men."
« Reply #63 on: October 03, 2013, 10:27:19 AM »
Slavery ... hmm. Give me a $15/hr. minimum wage, and your slavery fantasies will evaporate.  When the poor and middle-class have a lot of money to spend, we all get richer.  We will always have our entrepreneurs.  We have been the most inventive and productive people the world has ever seen, and I don't see that changing (no matter how much the "evil" left tries to spread the wealth and insure that capitalism's benefits are fairly distributed to all members of this society).

You realize that by raising the minimum wage, the businesses you loathe and despise so much will be forced to raise the prices on the goods and services that they offer and will probably have to fire some employees in order to meet that requirement. By raising the minimum wage, all you will be doing is raising the price of goods and services for everyone. I realize that you may not subscribe to the the theory of the Law of Unintended Consequences, but it still applies.
“Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst. Breeds that forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and their freedoms”

“The best things in life are beyond money; their price is agony and sweat and devotion ... and the price demanded for the most precious of all things in life is life itself - ultimate cost for perfect value.”
― Robert A. Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Offline Laelth

• Banned
« Reply #64 on: October 03, 2013, 10:28:10 AM »
Whatever he is he is not going to change our minds because we at least have a heart.  Him, not so sure.  Anyone that rejoices in killing human life is too far gone.
I don't rejoice in the killing of human beings.  That's a really low blow, Gina.

-Laelth  

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #65 on: October 03, 2013, 10:29:31 AM »
When the poor and middle-class have a lot of money to spend, we all get richer.

They won't do that by forcing companiues to pay an unsustainable minimum wage.

Do you not understand the conccept of cause and effect as it applies to economics?

Cause: Gov't forces businesses to raise minimum wage to $15/hr.

Effect: Business hires fewer employees due to increased costs of forced wage increase.  

Effect: Employer releases employes for same reason...unemployment goes up as a result.

Effect: Company has to raise prices on goods/services provided to cover increased expenses causing consumers to have to spend more for purchases negating $15/hour minimum wage increase and reducing their expendable income.

Result of wage increase - negative impact on economy and employees.

What an employer pays an employees should be a private matter between the two parties...not a forced ransom at the point of the government gun.

If someone doesn't like the minimum wage...GET A BETTER JOB.  Minumum wage jobs aren't designed to be career choices for the rest of your damn life.

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #66 on: October 03, 2013, 10:30:09 AM »
I don't rejoice in the killing of human beings.  That's a really low blow, Gina.

-Laelth  

Yet you support abortion...the murder of a human being.

She hit the bullseye with you.

Offline JohnnyReb

• In Memoriam
« Reply #67 on: October 03, 2013, 10:30:42 AM »
Minimum wage for the maximum stupid/lazy.
“The American people will never knowingly adopt socialism. But, under the name of ‘liberalism’, they will adopt every fragment of the socialist program, until one day America will be a socialist nation, without knowing how it happened.” - Norman Thomas, U.S. Socialist Party presidential candidate 1940, 1944 and 1948

"America is like a healthy body and its resistance is threefold: its patriotism, its morality, and its spiritual life. If we can undermine these three areas, America will collapse from within."  Stalin

Offline Laelth

• Banned
« Reply #68 on: October 03, 2013, 10:46:36 AM »
You realize that by raising the minimum wage, the businesses you loathe and despise so much will be forced to raise the prices on the goods and services that they offer and will probably have to fire some employees in order to meet that requirement. By raising the minimum wage, all you will be doing is raising the price of goods and services for everyone. I realize that you may not subscribe to the the theory of the Law of Unintended Consequences, but it still applies.
I don't loathe business.  I am on record (in this forum) saying the opposite.

I'd be willing to pay a little more for a hamburger if it meant we could get a lot of people off the welfare rolls (and that's exactly what would happen).  I suspect the benefits of a higher minimum wage would offset any damage caused by it.  The truth is that we're all better off when the poor and the middle-class have more money to spend, and a higher minimum wage would accomplish this goal.

-Laelth

Offline Happy Fun Ball

« Reply #69 on: October 03, 2013, 10:48:35 AM »
So, if a higher minimum wage means more money for everyone, why just $15 an hour? Why not make it $150 an hour?

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #70 on: October 03, 2013, 10:50:01 AM »
So, if a higher minimum wage means more money for everyone, why just $15 an hour? Why not make it $150 an hour?
Then the government will just re-define "full time" to something less than 40 hours a week.

Oh wait, they already did that.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #71 on: October 03, 2013, 10:50:10 AM »
I don't loathe business.  I am on record (in this forum) saying the opposite.

If you support Big Labors call for a mandatory increase of the minimum wage to $15 then you loathe business.

I'd be willing to pay a little more for a hamburger if it meant we could get a lot of people off the welfare rolls (and that's exactly what would happen).  I suspect the benefits of a higher minimum wage would offset any damage caused by it.  The truth is that we're all better off when the poor and the middle-class have more money to spend, and a higher minimum wage would accomplish this goal.

-Laelth

You have no idea how your plans and policies you idiots dream up in the faculty lounge apply to the real world to you?  Your innoculated from them in your fantasy world on Capitol Hill.  You've spent too much time on K Street and are absolutely clueless as to how what you propose would effect Main Street.

And quite frankly being the Lib you are...you don't care.

Offline JohnnyReb

• In Memoriam
« Reply #72 on: October 03, 2013, 10:51:15 AM »

Because DUmmie has a postage stamp size yard and it would then cost him $8 to get WHO-lee-O to cut his grass.
“The American people will never knowingly adopt socialism. But, under the name of ‘liberalism’, they will adopt every fragment of the socialist program, until one day America will be a socialist nation, without knowing how it happened.” - Norman Thomas, U.S. Socialist Party presidential candidate 1940, 1944 and 1948

"America is like a healthy body and its resistance is threefold: its patriotism, its morality, and its spiritual life. If we can undermine these three areas, America will collapse from within."  Stalin

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #73 on: October 03, 2013, 10:53:17 AM »

I'd be willing to pay a little more for a hamburger if it meant we could get a lot of people off the welfare rolls (and that's exactly what would happen). 

I wouldn't. 

Offline Dori

« Reply #74 on: October 03, 2013, 10:54:12 AM »

Have you ever operated a business or done the accounting for it?  Do you have any idea about who owns franchises?
“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler