Author Topic: Who would you rather have? Romney or Huckabee?  (Read 12936 times)

Offline Taxman

Re: Who would you rather have? Romney or Huckabee?
« Reply #100 on: October 21, 2009, 02:11:29 PM »
The Used Car Salesman has a couple of political mistakes he does not recognize either. RomneyCare for one is a killer.

Hence, my comment that he is a bit of a RINO. 

I totally agree with Rebel that this nation is too dumb to elect a true leader.  The reason is that the fearmongers in the media crucify sane candidates before they have a chance.  As an example look at what they did to Palin.  Had they applied half the pressure they did to Palin to Obama, we might have had a different outcome.  Obama could have pissed his pants and the media would have covered for him.  On the other hand had Palin failed to wash her hands after going to the bathroom it would have garnered 24/7 coverage.  Unfortunately most voters fail to consider the outcome of their choices and vote for free handouts. 

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #101 on: October 21, 2009, 03:14:33 PM »
  Unfortunately most voters fail to consider the outcome of their choices and vote for free handouts. 

It all comes down to the fact that some people want all the perks.....but want other people to work for it. 

Honestly, if this bill goes through, and my taxes sky-rocket...I will go part time.

Offline 5412

« Reply #102 on: October 21, 2009, 08:45:19 PM »
Yeah back on the Meds now..........and I give a rats ass what some poll says.

Hi,

At the risk of the moderator telling me to go back on my meds......kinda like the libs, if you don't like the message attack the messenger don't ya think?  I could deal with the discussion of Paul from a factual perspective, I was not a supporter of his; but rather have seen him taking on the fed and other popular issues as of late.  Lets save the smart-ass putdowns for the liberals, we do not have to be like them.

I took the quiz on one of the websites where they asked several questions, then, based on how you responded told you the candidates who came closest to representing your values.  Paul was on the bottom, Romney was at the top of the list.  McCain was down holding hands with Paul as I recall.

Since that time, every time I see Romney on TV he is talking about his health care success in MA, which I understand is anything but a success.  Personally I want a candidate that wants to get the government the hell out of the health care, banking, car and railroad business just for starters.

To me Romney is appearing to be a consensus builder.  Screw that.  Give me another Reagan.  He was charming, told congress what needed to be done, then went on TV and told the public to contact your congressman and get them off their ass and get it done.  It is amazing what he did with a democrat congress, getting tax cuts passed etc.  Bush could not even get a permanent tax cut passed, nor a permanent exclusion of the death tax, that is how persuasive he was.

I agree with whoever said 2012 is a long way down the road.  I really hope someone from OUTSIDE the establishment emerges that follows the Reagan model.  He/she then gives clear instructions to congress and prods the public to get congress into action.

regards,

Offline bkg

« Reply #103 on: October 22, 2009, 02:27:05 PM »
If I hadn't made that slight typo, I take it you wouldn't have said anything. You would have stayed in your little closet singing.  :fuelfire:

Looked in a mirror lately? Isn't that EXACTLY what you responded to in my post - a little typo?

you still haven't answered what is crazy about anyone who defends "The" COTUS.

Offline atruevoice

• omg paris hilton lol
« Reply #104 on: October 23, 2009, 12:28:01 AM »
That isn't what makes him crazy. He is a whack job because of all of the whacked out conspiracies he thinks fantasizes about.

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #105 on: October 23, 2009, 01:54:33 AM »
I'm not implying that only white people are republicans, but the vast majority of minorities, especially african americans do tend to vote for the democratic candidate. Since only a fraction of the population actually votes if you get enough of any group to notice that they are being opressed and get them out to vote it could sway an election, white people are being opressed now, its as if we still feel guilty for what a few rich plantation owners did well over 100 years ago, despite the fact that most caucasian americans are decendants of european immigrants after the turn of the century. I think the qualifications are important but apparently people didn't care that Obama was unqualified, I think the best way to beat him though would be to find someone who is qualified but is also a minority to take the edge off of the "Black President". What I find odd about our "First Black President" is that in fact he really doesn't come close to the mainstream African American and he is in fact not a decendant of slaves and was raised by white people, he used his race to win.

Why is African Americans in lower case?

Offline dittosrush

• Dittos Rush!
  • Probationary (Probie)
  • Greetings fellow conservatives!
« Reply #106 on: October 23, 2009, 09:38:45 AM »
Romney all the way! Palin as VP!
James

Offline bkg

« Reply #107 on: October 23, 2009, 11:17:42 AM »
That isn't what makes him crazy. He is a whack job because of all of the whacked out conspiracies he thinks fantasizes about.

But that's not what you originally stated...

Tell me about the whacked out conspiracies, please.

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #108 on: October 23, 2009, 11:47:39 AM »
Why anyone would want Romney, a RINO, is beyond my comprehension, unless those folks that would are RINOs, too. Huckabee, at least, is a real Conservative, but he is far to leftist for me. I want a REAL, God-Fearing, Constitution abiding candidate. The ones I've seen in the past apparently aren't viable enough to appease the moderates and the leftists.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline atruevoice

• omg paris hilton lol
« Reply #109 on: October 24, 2009, 11:01:46 AM »
And what was that again... remind me...

Offline LC EFA

• Hickus Australianus
  • In Memoriam
« Reply #110 on: October 25, 2009, 04:15:44 AM »
Why is African Americans in lower case?

Hyphenated nationalities are one of my pet hates  :-)

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #111 on: October 25, 2009, 05:39:32 AM »
And what was that again... remind me...

What, conservative candidate?  Thompson was one in the 2008 GOP primaries.  So was Duncan Hunter.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford