Author Topic: Rant.  (Read 20238 times)

Offline Lanie

Re: Rant.
« Reply #125 on: July 02, 2009, 11:28:05 AM »
In Mississippi they generally turn down all applicants the first time around. My father finally received it the second time. Don't know why they do it other than being typical government pricks. ...which is why anyone who relies on the government as their sole provider is an idiot.

Werd. You don't do that unless you're backed into a corner. (not talking about your father, just people in general).
Happy Upcoming July 4th. Our country is still one of the best in the world.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #126 on: July 02, 2009, 11:30:21 AM »
I'm a little bit afraid to completely answer that question (No, I'm not on disability or trying to be).

I did chat with a cop one night. He said his wife was a severe Epileptic. Everybody said she couldn't work (doctors, etc). Disability turned her down. He got mad and wrote Howard Coble. The secretary called him and asked for more info. They suddenly got passed.

But nearly everybody here gets turned down the first one to three times. Everybody in NC knows that.

Once again, Lanie, you're using anecdotal information as fact.

You have a very annoying habit of doing that, and you've been called on it before. Consider yourself called on it again.

"Everybody in NC knows that." Uh huh. You mean to tell me that Bert, the tobacco grower up in Spruce Pine knows all about welfare and disability, what to do, where to go, and how to get on the rolls?

Jeezus. Look at your words and tell me that you know factually what you're talking about.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Lanie

« Reply #127 on: July 02, 2009, 11:33:47 AM »
Once again, Lanie, you're using anecdotal information as fact.

You have a very annoying habit of doing that, and you've been called on it before. Consider yourself called on it again.

"Everybody in NC knows that." Uh huh. You mean to tell me that Bert, the tobacco grower up in Spruce Pine knows all about welfare and disability, what to do, where to go, and how to get on the rolls?

Jeezus. Look at your words and tell me that you know factually what you're talking about.

I just said I didn't want to talk about my knowledge on the subject. It would open up a new sense of being judged and people I know being judged. I don't think I can handle that. Judging me is one thing; judging people I'm close to is another.

And yes, I am aware of the process.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #128 on: July 02, 2009, 11:36:41 AM »
Werd. You don't do that unless you're backed into a corner. (not talking about your father, just people in general).

Lanie, did you know that there are teams of doctors and lawyers that will, for a fee, get anyone that has had a bad hair day on SSDI?  

Are you aware that this is a very lucrative business........scamming the taxpayers out of our money..........how many of your friends at the DUmp  are on some form of disability??  But they can post on the DUmp all day and complain about how crappy their lives are..........hell if they can type on an internet board, they can do data entry work........they can answer phones........they can do something.....

They just don't want to, they want someone to give them a free ride, and we are getting fed up with it.

doc
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Lanie

« Reply #129 on: July 02, 2009, 11:40:53 AM »
Lanie, did you know that there are teams of doctors and lawyers that will, for a fee, get anyone that has had a bad hair day on SSDI?  

Are you aware that this is a very lucrative business........scamming the taxpayers out of our money..........how many of your friends at the DUmp  are on some form of disability??  But they can post on the DUmp all day and complain about how crappy their lives are..........hell if they can type on an internet board, they can do data entry work........they can answer phones........they can do something.....

They just don't want to, they want someone to give them a free ride, and we are getting fed up with it.

doc

I sure would like a data entry job. It sure beats working in stores. I type 70 wpm. I'm always being told I'm not qualified though because I don't have a lot of past experience in the office, don't have a piece of paper, don't know somebody who can get me in they way they got their less qualified friends in. Isn't that some crap? And I have personal experience with trying to get a job like that, so NOW what's going to be the argument against me? I type 70 WPM.

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
« Reply #130 on: July 02, 2009, 11:43:23 AM »
I just said I didn't want to talk about my knowledge on the subject. It would open up a new sense of being judged and people I know being judged. I don't think I can handle that. Judging me is one thing; judging people I'm close to is another.

Noone (that bastard) is judging anyone you are close to.  We aren't asking which member of your family is a layabout trying to milk the system due to obesity.
What eupher asked is how you are aware of this, and then make the sweeping, unsupported generalization that "everyone in NC knows about this".  Guess what, I'm a NC resident, and I don't know this.  Betcha CH doesn't either.  That makes you either an intentional liar, or a blowhard.  There's no pamphlet handed out when you move to NC saying "If you apply for disability, expect to be turned down at least twice.  It's our SOP".  No statement like that on official state website either.  Nothing in the lawbooks.  Nothing that says that even every reasonable person in NC should know that.
So, yes, I'm judging you, and I have yet to make my conclusion: liar or blowhard.  Which one is it Bridget?

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #131 on: July 02, 2009, 11:43:33 AM »

Wrong again. This is what you said:

I'm a little bit afraid to completely answer that question (No, I'm not on disability or trying to be).

Being "a little bit afraid" to completely answer a question isn't the same thing as saying you didn't want to talk about it.

Do you forget what you've said that quickly?

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #132 on: July 02, 2009, 11:44:57 AM »
Lanie, are you in the disability business in NC? Do you have some kind of information that supports what you're saying?

Where are you getting your definitions as to what "disability" is?

How is it you know what determines whether or not a person is disabled?

No backpedaling here. Just answer the questions, please.

:popcorn:

Everything she knows on the topic she learned at teh DUmp
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #133 on: July 02, 2009, 11:46:34 AM »
I sure would like a data entry job. It sure beats working in stores. I type 70 wpm. I'm always being told I'm not qualified though because I don't have a lot of past experience in the office, don't have a piece of paper, don't know somebody who can get me in they way they got their less qualified friends in. Isn't that some crap? And I have personal experience with trying to get a job like that, so NOW what's going to be the argument against me? I type 70 WPM.

Sign up at some temp agencies.  I moved to Raleigh on January 3, 2007.  Three days later, I had a full-time job through a temp agency doing data entry for Nationwide Insurance.
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline Lanie

« Reply #134 on: July 02, 2009, 11:48:56 AM »
Noone (that bastard) is judging anyone you are close to.  We aren't asking which member of your family is a layabout trying to milk the system due to obesity.
What eupher asked is how you are aware of this, and then make the sweeping, unsupported generalization that "everyone in NC knows about this".  Guess what, I'm a NC resident, and I don't know this.  Betcha CH doesn't either.  That makes you either an intentional liar, or a blowhard.  There's no pamphlet handed out when you move to NC saying "If you apply for disability, expect to be turned down at least twice.  It's our SOP".  No statement like that on official state website either.  Nothing in the lawbooks.  Nothing that says that even every reasonable person in NC should know that.
So, yes, I'm judging you, and I have yet to make my conclusion: liar or blowhard.  Which one is it Bridget?

**** you. I'm not opening up about anything.

I know that Disability wants the regular doctors to send in a report with their professional opinions. I know one has to see *their* doctors. I know it's a lot of paperwork. If one truly is mentally ill or having problems filling out stuff, they need somebody else to do it for them. I know where the Disability office is in Greensboro. I know where to test for becoming a Disability caseworker in Raleigh. I know how hard that test is to become a Disability caseworker. I know that job has a high turnover rate. I know it takes a long time for Disability to let one know their decision (I think about a year). I know you can reapply if you don't get it the first time.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #135 on: July 02, 2009, 11:50:56 AM »
Wrong again. This is what you said:

Being "a little bit afraid" to completely answer a question isn't the same thing as saying you didn't want to talk about it.

Do you forget what you've said that quickly?

And getting back to the point - your continual use of anecdotal information in lieu of facts is disturbing. Yes, very DU-like.

Fact is, you know nothing about public assistance, what's required to qualify, how to get on, and more importantly - how to cheat to get on. You're simply babbling.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #136 on: July 02, 2009, 11:51:19 AM »

If you can keyboard 70 wpm, you can get a job......you may have to relocate to do it, but you can get one......stop whining and go do it.......

doc

If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Lanie

« Reply #137 on: July 02, 2009, 11:52:26 AM »
Everything she knows on the topic she learned at teh DUmp

How many times do I have to tell you that I hardly post there. I don't hardly know anybody there. But nevermind your world and the world of many here revolves around DU, and that's all that matters. You think because your life is all about DU means any liberal's life is as well.

Offline Lanie

« Reply #138 on: July 02, 2009, 11:53:35 AM »
And getting back to the point - your continual use of anecdotal information in lieu of facts is disturbing. Yes, very DU-like.

Fact is, you know nothing about public assistance, what's required to qualify, how to get on, and more importantly - how to cheat to get on. You're simply babbling.

You don't know a ****ing thing about what I know and I ain't ****ing sharing with you judgmental, hateful people.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #139 on: July 02, 2009, 11:55:08 AM »
**** you. I'm not opening up about anything.

I know that Disability wants the regular doctors to send in a report with their professional opinions. I know one has to see *their* doctors. I know it's a lot of paperwork. If one truly is mentally ill or having problems filling out stuff, they need somebody else to do it for them. I know where the Disability office is in Greensboro. I know where to test for becoming a Disability caseworker in Raleigh. I know how hard that test is to become a Disability caseworker. I know that job has a high turnover rate. I know it takes a long time for Disability to let one know their decision (I think about a year). I know you can reapply if you don't get it the first time.

Congratulations. You've just succeeded in illustrating how pointy your head really is.

Since you know everything there is to know about the disability process in NC (or at least Greensboro), what you've just described is a typical bureaucratic process in ANY system.

So the question stands. Are you a liar or a blowhard?

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #140 on: July 02, 2009, 11:57:06 AM »
You don't know a ****ing thing about what I know and I ain't ****ing sharing with you judgmental, hateful people.

:rotf: :lmao:

Oh, Lanie. Take a pill and come back when you can't stay so long.  :loser:

Offline Chris_

« Reply #141 on: July 02, 2009, 11:57:54 AM »
You don't know a ******* thing about what I know and I ain't ******* sharing with you judgmental, hateful people.

I'll hazard that based on your comments in this thread, we know a hell of a lot about what you DON'T know........

doc

Offline Chris_

« Reply #142 on: July 02, 2009, 12:02:41 PM »
Lanie, you know stupidity is, for the most part generally excusable......people can't help being born with a low IQ......

Willful ignorance, however, is not excusable, and more and more you seem to fall into the latter category.......

doc

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #143 on: July 02, 2009, 12:11:15 PM »

How long before she comes back and apologizes AGAIN for cussing and being "mean"?   :-)

Offline Chris_

« Reply #144 on: July 02, 2009, 12:13:48 PM »
How long before she comes back and apologizes AGAIN for cussing and being "mean"?   :-)

Or tells us she's leaving again.....

doc

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #145 on: July 02, 2009, 12:14:50 PM »
Or tells us she's leaving again.....

doc

It's so predictable but I still kinda like her.  I don't know why but I do. 

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #146 on: July 02, 2009, 12:16:50 PM »
It's so predictable but I still kinda like her.  I don't know why but I do. 

She's either gutsy or insane. I haven't quite figured out which yet.

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #147 on: July 02, 2009, 12:20:24 PM »
Probably Bi-polar. All in all, this is turning into another Fight Club thread.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #148 on: July 02, 2009, 12:25:07 PM »
Blow an attorney. If you type 70WPM, I'm sure he'll give you a job as a legal secretary. Pay will be determined by your "experience".
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Chris_

« Reply #149 on: July 02, 2009, 12:31:00 PM »
She's either gutsy or insane. I haven't quite figured out which yet.

I wonder as well, why would a naive liberal come to a largely conservative board and involve herself in the actual political discussion.......

She could post in a half-dozen other forums on this board, and be perfectly fine, nobody would even notice her politics......but she seems to be strangely motivated to jump into the snake pit of politics, knowing that she is going to get severely challenged, and does so in a manner that is strangely "simple".........simple in the intellectual sense.

I started out in this thread with a backhanded idea that I would challenge in order to educate, however this thread has so many twists and turns that I've lost track.......

It seems as though when she runs up against a challenge that she can't manage, she changes the subject subtly, to derail the topic into a completely different direction......it is really bizarre the way she expresses herself in these threads.

Perhaps she IS bipolar......dunno......

doc