Author Topic: Democrat Presidential Debate thread @ Myrtle Beach SC- Jan 21 at 8PM Eastern  (Read 13279 times)

Offline Freeper

• Topic Moderator
  • Creepy ass cracker.
Dems on CNN: Most Watched Primary Debate in Cable News History

Last night's Democratic Debate in South Carolina on CNN (from 8pm-10:05pmET) was the No. 1 most-watched primary debate in cable news history among total viewers and all key demos.

The debate averaged 4.9 million Total Viewers and nearly 2 million in A25-54. This is according to Nielsen Fast Nationals (Live + SD).

Story

Wow.  5 million people nationwide is a record? :whatever:

For a political debate that sounds reasonable.

my rolleye smiley was intended to point out my continued disdain for people that spend no time even attempting to be informed of critical issues of the day.  5 million is a drop in the bucket compared to what it should be.  I wonder how many watched football the night before? 

We have that poll on who who will get more votes the POTUS candidates or American Idol and most people said AI so yes this is an ongoing problem. Jay Leno would do his person on the street segments and ask folks who Dick Cheney was and most people had no clue.

ok now hold up.

you mean to tell me that nearly 100 million people vote on American Idol every week?? that cannot be right.

our last election for president had 48 million vote for the Dem, and 52 million for GW...   i cannot believe one third of the entire country watches that idiotic show.. that is embarassing.

That is what it looks like. More people vote for AI than vote for POTUS. And even less vote during the midterms.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Lauri

Dems on CNN: Most Watched Primary Debate in Cable News History

Last night's Democratic Debate in South Carolina on CNN (from 8pm-10:05pmET) was the No. 1 most-watched primary debate in cable news history among total viewers and all key demos.

The debate averaged 4.9 million Total Viewers and nearly 2 million in A25-54. This is according to Nielsen Fast Nationals (Live + SD).

Story

Wow.  5 million people nationwide is a record? :whatever:

For a political debate that sounds reasonable.

my rolleye smiley was intended to point out my continued disdain for people that spend no time even attempting to be informed of critical issues of the day.  5 million is a drop in the bucket compared to what it should be.  I wonder how many watched football the night before? 

We have that poll on who who will get more votes the POTUS candidates or American Idol and most people said AI so yes this is an ongoing problem. Jay Leno would do his person on the street segments and ask folks who Dick Cheney was and most people had no clue.

ok now hold up.

you mean to tell me that nearly 100 million people vote on American Idol every week?? that cannot be right.

our last election for president had 48 million vote for the Dem, and 52 million for GW...   i cannot believe one third of the entire country watches that idiotic show.. that is embarassing.

That is what it looks like. More people vote for AI than vote for POTUS. And even less vote during the midterms.

i very rarely pull this out, but do you mind getting a link? i just dont believe those numbers..  :cheersmate: :popcorn: