Author Topic: Me and Mrs. FD are leaving California forever (going to Texas)  (Read 13173 times)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Re: Me and Mrs. FD are leaving California forever (going to Texas)
« Reply #50 on: August 24, 2008, 02:47:39 PM »
I am hoping to bid farewell to NY for Texas in either November or December as well.

Well, git on down here!  If you are moving to my neck of the woods let me know and I'll try to help you find a place to live.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #51 on: August 24, 2008, 03:15:34 PM »
I am hoping to bid farewell to NY for Texas in either November or December as well.

Have you decided where you're going to move to Carl?
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline Donpeyote

• Schade's friend
« Reply #52 on: August 25, 2008, 01:03:56 AM »
Texas is far better then anyplace in Kaliforniastan.
  Shasta County is better than anyplace in Texas  ...

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #53 on: August 25, 2008, 06:40:18 AM »

Blasphemer!  You WILL go to hell for that ..... you know that right?

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Donpeyote

• Schade's friend
« Reply #54 on: August 25, 2008, 09:47:21 PM »

Blasphemer!  You WILL go to hell for that ..... you know that right?

KC
I will insted go to Whiskeytown lake (15 mins. from my Country home) where the water is cold year round , or to the Trinity alps to hunt Bear (With Bear tag), or to Mt. Lassen or Mt. Shasta or fishing on the Upper Sac or McCloud River or hog huntin in my own backyard (Oak Run /Mtn. Home) ...

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #55 on: August 25, 2008, 09:53:26 PM »
To be frank, I will miss the weather.  And the beach. And the mountains.

California has been gifted with the best climate and scenery anywhere.  And Californians have squandered all the natural gifts and have turned it into a hell hole.

Texas has all that without the moonbattery.

I would beg to differ on the climate.  Hawaii has the better climate.  I have lived in both places and I would take Hawaii's climate over California's any day of the week.

KC

If you like constant humidity -- which some people do! -- great. I am used to dryer climates but I can adjust.  God knows I have been over most of the USA in most weather conditions.

Dryer is better for older lungs.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #56 on: August 26, 2008, 06:59:28 AM »
To be frank, I will miss the weather.  And the beach. And the mountains.

California has been gifted with the best climate and scenery anywhere.  And Californians have squandered all the natural gifts and have turned it into a hell hole.

Texas has all that without the moonbattery.

I would beg to differ on the climate.  Hawaii has the better climate.  I have lived in both places and I would take Hawaii's climate over California's any day of the week.

KC

If you like constant humidity -- which some people do! -- great. I am used to dryer climates but I can adjust.  God knows I have been over most of the USA in most weather conditions.

Dryer is better for older lungs.

Well, being used to the 80, 90, 100% humidity here, I was very comfortable with the 40% humidity in Hawaii. 

KC

*Stolen

Offline lastparker

« Reply #57 on: August 27, 2008, 01:31:15 PM »
Any and all advice for residents will be appreciated.

Hmmmm.  DO NOT move to Plainview.  (West Texas and thus blessedly far from where you're aiming) This is the town I visit annually, if I can afford it, to see my beloved Aunt.  If she ever moves away, I'm requesting that the Air Force use the town for bombing practice.

Ugliest. Place. On. Earth.

Congratulations!  I wish I could move back to God's Country.  (The eastern side  :-) )
Cursing is the crutch of the inarticulate mother****er, DUmmies.   -NHSparky

Deadbeats eating mushroom duxelles and dandelion salad with a shallot vinaigrette are still deadbeats.    -GOBUCKS

Offline Servonaut

• In Memoriam
  • "Memento Mori"
« Reply #58 on: August 27, 2008, 05:20:15 PM »
Stay away from all them yankees!!!  Come on down to South East Texas ...... I'll put you on a lake in a golf course community 1:15 from Intercontinental.  Fishing is awesome and crime is non-existant.

KC

Hi5 Texacon  :cheersmate:

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #59 on: August 27, 2008, 05:34:40 PM »
Stay away from all them yankees!!!  Come on down to South East Texas ...... I'll put you on a lake in a golf course community 1:15 from Intercontinental.  Fishing is awesome and crime is non-existant.

KC

Hi5 Texacon  :cheersmate:

Muchas Gracias Mi Amigo!  H5 backatchya!!

We can't let them get away with member theft like that unanswered.  LOL

KC

*Stolen

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #60 on: August 27, 2008, 06:34:07 PM »
California Activist Proposes Wealth Tax and Probably Unconstitutional Exit Tax
Earlier this month, a California activist began gathering signatures to put a state wealth tax on the ballot. The measure would impose a new 35% income surtax (in addition to federal taxes and the existing 10.3% top state rate), and penalize people who leave the state by seizing 55% of assets exceeding $20 million. The money raised would be used to eliminate the state's budget deficit and for purchasing controlling shares in large corporations.

The 17.5% surtax is unusual because it would be on a taxpayer's total (not marginal) income whenever it exceeds $250,000, with another additional 17.5 percent tax on total income (for a total additional 35 percent tax) whenever it exceeds $500,000. In the case of single taxpayers or taxpayers filing as head of household, these additional taxes would be levied on incomes greater than $150,000 and $350,000 respectively.

Better hurry....
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline Donpeyote

• Schade's friend
« Reply #61 on: August 28, 2008, 12:12:33 AM »
 Ladonia,Wolfe City,Bonham,Honey Grove,Paris, Commerce,Greenville,Caddo Mills,Rockwall,,,