Author Topic: Me and Mrs. FD are leaving California forever (going to Texas)  (Read 13169 times)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: Me and Mrs. FD are leaving California forever (going to Texas)
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2008, 06:52:35 PM »
I know what yer sayin FD and I hope your move goes well. My wife and I have a second home in Riverside county but we're seriously thinkin' of selling it and buying something in Arizona. I still have eight more years here in PA so we have time to plan and see what happens. But yeah, California isn't getting better any time soon with the taxes, budget and illegal alien situation.
The new budget is going to be bad on people who work for a living, believe me.  AZ is a pretty good place as well.  I am going to Dallas because it is < 3 hours flying time from pretty much everywhere.  I will get a whole day of my life per week back!

It only takes an hour to fly to El Lay from DFW.   I left DFW at 10 AM and got into El Lay Ex at 11 AM.  Can't beat it!
]]

It is 2.5 hours and you were taking advantage of the time zone change.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2008, 06:53:31 PM »
Stay away from all them yankees!!!  Come on down to South East Texas ...... I'll put you on a lake in a golf course community 1:15 from Intercontinental.  Fishing is awesome and crime is non-existant.

KC

I need an airport within 5-10  minutes.  But I appreciate the sentiment.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2008, 06:54:02 PM »
Woo hoo....I'll have you both over for dinner once you get here.   :-)

Does that mean you're going to EAT them ?!?!?!?!? :bolt:

Here's a "cookbook" for you!!

Depends on how they taste.   :evillaugh:

Just don't eat clowns.  They taste funny.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2008, 06:54:58 PM »
How fast do you drive?!   :lmao:

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Chris_

« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2008, 06:55:52 PM »
My personal recommendation is my own hometown of Euless. One-third of the city is actually inside D/FW Airport, but the runways run north/south, so there will be no planes flying over your house. The nicest houses are off of Mid-Cities Blvd. and S.H. 121. Mid-Cities Blvd. runs straight into the airport. Home to a D/FW parking lot would be about 10 minutes. Also, property taxes are lower in Tarrant County as compared to Dallas County. It is literally dead-center of the Metroplex. PM me if you need help with housing. My dad's a real estate agent and would be happy to drive you around.
I used to live in Useless. :-) Actually the H-E-B area is a great choice! PM me freedumb, I used to work for one of the municipalities around those parts.

Thanks to both of you -- I forgot about Euless -- I passed that water tower every day when I was working in Richardson.

I'll be looking you both up when we get a little closer to the date -- after the 1st of the year we will be really cranking on it.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 07:03:24 PM by freedumb2003 »

Offline Chris_

« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2008, 07:01:02 PM »

KC

I don't drive, I use a car service.  Trust me, it makes a big difference when I get back -- remember I commute on airlines weekly.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 07:03:04 PM by freedumb2003 »

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2008, 07:30:59 PM »

KC

I don't drive, I use a car service.  Trust me, it makes a big difference when I get back -- remember I commute on airlines weekly.

Well, my area of Texas is out.  What the hell is a car service?!   :-)

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Zeus

« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2008, 08:03:04 PM »

KC

Well, my area of Texas is out.  What the hell is a car service?!  KC

Like a Taxi but ain't yellow and cost more  :lmao:
It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Offline Willow

• Limousine
« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2008, 07:24:48 AM »
I frist read of your move to Texas last night and have been thinking. Since Texas has a high population of illegals (I have no comparison to Ca. numbers) how does the Texas economy handle it? What makes the two states different?

Offline Tantal

• Right Wing Hardliner
« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2008, 09:01:24 AM »
I frist read of your move to Texas last night and have been thinking. Since Texas has a high population of illegals (I have no comparison to Ca. numbers) how does the Texas economy handle it? What makes the two states different?
Although there are taxpayer-funded services that illegals can get their hands on, we don't give them quite as freely as California does. This helps keep taxes lower than CA's. Also, we don't tax businesses as heavily, so Texas is a great place for corporations and small businesses.
Never demand that which you are incapable of taking by force, DUmmie.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2008, 09:40:11 AM »
Although there are taxpayer-funded services that illegals can get their hands on, we don't give them quite as freely as California does. This helps keep taxes lower than CA's. Also, we don't tax businesses as heavily, so Texas is a great place for corporations and small businesses.

In California, the illegals have and 8 out of 10 chance of being more intelligent than the locals.  In Texas, that isn't possible.   The criminal Mexican invaders tend to understand where the fall on the social scale.

:-)

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2008, 10:45:29 AM »
While living near DFW might be convenient, we also have an airport near Sherman/ Denison, (an old AFB). The housing market is a little more reasonable. They do have commuter flights to DFW. Just a thought.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline Donpeyote

• Schade's friend
« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2008, 10:49:19 AM »
 Coppell/Farmers Branch ! :popcorn:

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #38 on: August 21, 2008, 01:04:33 PM »

In California, the illegals have and 8 out of 10 chance of being more intelligent than the locals.  In Texas, that isn't possible.   The criminal Mexican invaders tend to understand where the fall on the social scale.

Not to mention we also house Gonzales, Texas (first gun rights battle ever fought) and San Jacinto!  (pronounced Ja sinto NOT Ya sinto).  I think a lot of them remember Santa Anna ......

KC

*Stolen

Offline Donpeyote

• Schade's friend
« Reply #39 on: August 21, 2008, 01:46:12 PM »
 Greenville,Paris,Honey Grove

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #40 on: August 21, 2008, 01:46:44 PM »
Coppell/Farmers Branch ! :popcorn:

May I suggest Bee Street.

Offline ReaganForRushmore

« Reply #41 on: August 22, 2008, 02:19:04 PM »
welcome to TEXAS!!!!

« Reply #42 on: August 22, 2008, 02:23:08 PM »
Stay away from all them yankees!!!  Come on down to South East Texas ...... I'll put you on a lake in a golf course community 1:15 from Intercontinental.  Fishing is awesome and crime is non-existant.

KC

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! next thing you know we'll have everyone wanting to come to Texas!!!!!

« Reply #43 on: August 22, 2008, 02:24:28 PM »

KC

You need to learn to drive..........just remember, what most people call tailgating, we call drafting :-)

« Reply #44 on: August 22, 2008, 02:27:17 PM »

we also have the death penalty that Texans of all color and creed back

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #45 on: August 23, 2008, 08:20:16 PM »
Texas is far better then anyplace in Kaliforniastan.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #46 on: August 24, 2008, 12:11:30 PM »
Texas is far better then anyplace in Kaliforniastan.

Without a doubt.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline Chris_

« Reply #47 on: August 24, 2008, 02:15:01 PM »
To be frank, I will miss the weather.  And the beach. And the mountains.

California has been gifted with the best climate and scenery anywhere.  And Californians have squandered all the natural gifts and have turned it into a hell hole.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #48 on: August 24, 2008, 02:35:27 PM »
To be frank, I will miss the weather.  And the beach. And the mountains.

California has been gifted with the best climate and scenery anywhere.  And Californians have squandered all the natural gifts and have turned it into a hell hole.

Texas has all that without the moonbattery.

I would beg to differ on the climate.  Hawaii has the better climate.  I have lived in both places and I would take Hawaii's climate over California's any day of the week.

KC

*Stolen

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #49 on: August 24, 2008, 02:43:55 PM »
I am hoping to bid farewell to NY for Texas in either November or December as well.