Author Topic: Trump Represent Those With a Vein of Anger  (Read 13813 times)

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Re: Trump Represent Those With a Vein of Anger
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2015, 06:45:00 PM »
I suspect collusion in this thread.
It would be nice if Buzzy were here to clutch his pearls and be all indignant about how good, decent, and civilized people here at the cave act.
Maybe this is all Kabuki  for lurkers.

:lol: Nah, this ain't Kabuki. Lacarwhacko has been out in left field for a long, long time. He's forgotten that the umps have called the game over and the maintenance guys have turned out the lights. He looks so lonely out there in the dark.   :rotf:
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2015, 09:14:26 PM »
Wow, you've got incredibly thin skin. I'm laughing my ass off reading your tripe. Where do I start with your incredible ignorance? Hmmmm, here's a spot!

You know nothing of my finances or "class" as you like to paint people. When people resort to that kind of thing, it usually means they're insecure about themselves, so in order to try to pull people down to their (your) level, they (you) like to "classify" people. Howzit feel being insecure about yourself?  :rotf:

Once again, shit-for-brains, nobody said anything about Trump being a gun-grabber. Pay attention to what's been said. What I did say, and I'll type this slowly so you can begin to get a clue, is that Trump is an opportunist. He, like all politicians at one level or another, will say whatever is necessary to garner your vote. It's pretty clear to me that Trump has convinced you that he's all about 2A, when the evidence and what he's said and done BEFORE he became a politician indicates otherwise. Again, pay attention to history, not just what Trump says.

As for your service in the Army, thank you. That was probably the most productive time in your life, because you clearly -- in your retirement -- sure as hell aren't productive now.

More evidence of rampant insecurity. Do you kiss your wife dog boyfriend with that mouth?  :lmao:

You really got riled up when I stated that you would have egg on your face when Trump got the nomination. So you throw out the first "F" bomb, liver lips. I am glad you are laughing. Stupidity knows no bounds.

I like Trump because it pisses people like you off.  :lmao: He is rich, brash, outspoken and will try to turn this country around. I like people with money. I pity those  that HAVE to work AFTER they retire to pay a mortgage, credit card debt, etc. Sounds like you.

Unlike you I do not have to punch a clock to be productive. Going to my beach rental condo in FL this month and back again in Oct. While I am there, will look at other properties for sale as a cash buyer.  No one should have as much fun as I do; always wonder what the pathetic people like you are doing.  :-) Now, don't get your panties in a wad! :loser:

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2015, 12:55:03 AM »
I can understand why Trump has some appeal -- he's the guy throwing the bird to the professional politicians because we, the voters, have allowed these assholes to stack the deck in their favor to the point that we have no voice any more -- or a much reduced voice.

He sounds good and for those who are sick of business as usual he makes some measure of sense. But, in the end, I simply have no confidence in Trump to fix much of anything. He's not a conservative, his stance on 2A is bullshit, and he has absolutely zero diplomatic experience (not that he could POSSIBLY screw up more than Barry and his sycophants).

I just see Trump as a loudmouth braggart with no substance. No plan, no ideas, just mouth.   :shrug:

His ego is as fragile as 0bama's. He had everyone on his side after the debate because even those not in his camp believed the moderators were very harsh, especially Megyn Kelly, who acted like a typical feminist. BUT, "blood coming out of her...wherever"? Way the **** over the top. Just because of his treatment during a debate? What the hell is he gonna be like when heads of state or anyone else criticizes him. Will they also be compared to "hardliners" in Iran?

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline libertybele

« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2015, 10:16:46 AM »
Wow...attacking one another in this forum?  Really??  Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but to call others names because they have a difference of opinion is not needed; that's the liberal way.

Trump energized the GOP electorate with his comments on immigration there is no doubt about that.  Trumps comments on women have hurt him; especially the way he handled Kelly.  She didn't ask him anymore of a difficult question than the others were asked. Trump's arrogance shined brightly during the debates and he used what he thought was humor to side step some of the questions asked rather than actually answering the questions.

Based on Trump's debate performance, he lost a lot of ground.  There will be those that will continue to support him regardless and I think his sole purpose was to divide the GOP and go third party, ensuring Hillary or the DEMS the White House.
I believe in the United States of America as a government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed, a democracy in a republic, a sovereign Nation of many sovereign States; a perfect union, one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice, and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes. I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it, to support its Constitution, to obey its laws, to respect its flag, and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2015, 10:56:53 AM »
I understand the frustration Trump tapped in to after watching McConnell, Boehner, etc piss away -- in our faces -- everything we gave them.

But we don't need ANOTHER petulant egomaniac in the office on the heels of Obama.

We have wars in Eastern Europe, the South China Sea and Iran in the offing.

We have class/race riots simmering under the surface.

The Proglodytes don't need UN troops on Main St. USA to destroy America. They only need to touch off widespread civil unrest while leaving the military over committed in multiple foreign theaters to gut this nation and leave it hollowed out.

"America can't handle it anymore" is the only talking point they need for their muzzie and commie allies to come off the leash.

We don't need someone who has no concept finesse and whose ego plays out like the final scenes of Downfall.

His supporters need to realize he's more of a liability than speaking truth to power.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline JakeStyle

« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2015, 11:18:22 AM »
His ego is as fragile as 0bama's. He had everyone on his side after the debate because even those not in his camp believed the moderators were very harsh, especially Megyn Kelly, who acted like a typical feminist. BUT, "blood coming out of her...wherever"? Way the **** over the top. Just because of his treatment during a debate? What the hell is he gonna be like when heads of state or anyone else criticizes him. Will they also be compared to "hardliners" in Iran?

Cindie

I completely agree, we already have one thin-skinned narcissist in the White House, do we really want to replace him with another?  I can only imagine the garbage he will spew when he decides that Hillary has been mean to him, the guy is a train wreck.

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2015, 12:56:01 PM »
I completely agree, we already have one thin-skinned narcissist in the White House, do we really want to replace him with another?  I can only imagine the garbage he will spew when he decides that Hillary has been mean to him, the guy is a train wreck.

What really saddens and scares me, we're supposed to be the rational ones. We laugh at the DUmmies' over-the-top, blind devotion to 0bama no matter what he says or does and now our side is doing the same thing. Given the extremely serious condition our country and the world is in, you'd think they'd realize someone who spews insults around whenever anyone says something he takes personally (and he takes everything personally) isn't a good choice to get us out of this mess. I've had enough petulance and stompy-foot 2 year old antics. While he has tapped into very real and justified anger, I've yet to hear any solid solutions.

Listen to any of the other excellent candidates: Cruz, Rubio, Fiorina, Walker...ask them about the border, the economy, Iran, Russia, they have a clear vision for every issue facing this country. Even if you don't agree with everything they envision, at least it's out there. They don't pepper their comments or speeches with "I, I, I" and they're positive and hopeful, not just angry. At some point you have to use your anger to as a catalyst for positive change. "I want to make America better again" isn't a plan, it's a platitude. I don't want to spend another 4 years with a narcissist counting the number of times he says "I" or "me" in his speeches.

We will NOT win with someone who isn't positive and doesn't have a clear vision to get us out of this depression and malaise that makes Jimmy "I was attacked by a giant rabbit" Carter's presidency seem like 4 years of near paradise. Reagan won because of his conservatism, his exuberance, hopeful attitude and a clear, positive vision that the whole country could understand and wanted to be a part of. Trump is no Reagan. Cruz is the closest but I see sparks of him in Rubio & Fiorina.

Trump just isn't giving me someone to vote FOR.

cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline libertybele

« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2015, 03:33:21 PM »
The GOP has too many great candidates to let Trump destroy our chances for the White House; it's that simple.  Trump energized the party; for that he should get full credit.  In watching the debates the moderators brought out the worst in Trump, Bush and Christie.  Trump and Christie continued to display that they are nothing more than hot air and Bush continued to display that he's a liar.  Ok, the electorate is clearly energized ... but now, how do we prevent Trump from destroying the chances of one of our great candidates making it into the oval office?
I believe in the United States of America as a government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed, a democracy in a republic, a sovereign Nation of many sovereign States; a perfect union, one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice, and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes. I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it, to support its Constitution, to obey its laws, to respect its flag, and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2015, 05:36:57 PM »
You really got riled up when I stated that you would have egg on your face when Trump got the nomination. So you throw out the first "F" bomb, liver lips. I am glad you are laughing. Stupidity knows no bounds.

I like Trump because it pisses people like you off.  :lmao: He is rich, brash, outspoken and will try to turn this country around. I like people with money. I pity those  that HAVE to work AFTER they retire to pay a mortgage, credit card debt, etc. Sounds like you.

Unlike you I do not have to punch a clock to be productive. Going to my beach rental condo in FL this month and back again in Oct. While I am there, will look at other properties for sale as a cash buyer.  No one should have as much fun as I do; always wonder what the pathetic people like you are doing.  :-) Now, don't get your panties in a wad! :loser:

**** you twice, asshole. I've heard enough of your shit.

Yeah, I don't like it when somebody talks about eggs. I don't like 'em that much.  :-)

Oh, you might wanna check this out. Does this sound like you?

:rotf:

http://hotair.com/archives/2015/08/08/emperor-trumpatine-and-the-dark-side-of-the-political-force/

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2015, 05:38:27 PM »
Wow...attacking one another in this forum?  Really??  Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but to call others names because they have a difference of opinion is not needed; that's the liberal way.

Trump energized the GOP electorate with his comments on immigration there is no doubt about that.  Trumps comments on women have hurt him; especially the way he handled Kelly.  She didn't ask him anymore of a difficult question than the others were asked. Trump's arrogance shined brightly during the debates and he used what he thought was humor to side step some of the questions asked rather than actually answering the questions.

Based on Trump's debate performance, he lost a lot of ground.  There will be those that will continue to support him regardless and I think his sole purpose was to divide the GOP and go third party, ensuring Hillary or the DEMS the White House.

lacarwhacko has been an annoyance for a very long time. Don't let it get you down.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2015, 05:58:47 PM »
What really saddens and scares me, we're supposed to be the rational ones. We laugh at the DUmmies' over-the-top, blind devotion to 0bama no matter what he says or does and now our side is doing the same thing. Given the extremely serious condition our country and the world is in, you'd think they'd realize someone who spews insults around whenever anyone says something he takes personally (and he takes everything personally) isn't a good choice to get us out of this mess. I've had enough petulance and stompy-foot 2 year old antics. While he has tapped into very real and justified anger, I've yet to hear any solid solutions.

Listen to any of the other excellent candidates: Cruz, Rubio, Fiorina, Walker...ask them about the border, the economy, Iran, Russia, they have a clear vision for every issue facing this country. Even if you don't agree with everything they envision, at least it's out there. They don't pepper their comments or speeches with "I, I, I" and they're positive and hopeful, not just angry. At some point you have to use your anger to as a catalyst for positive change. "I want to make America better again" isn't a plan, it's a platitude. I don't want to spend another 4 years with a narcissist counting the number of times he says "I" or "me" in his speeches.

We will NOT win with someone who isn't positive and doesn't have a clear vision to get us out of this depression and malaise that makes Jimmy "I was attacked by a giant rabbit" Carter's presidency seem like 4 years of near paradise. Reagan won because of his conservatism, his exuberance, hopeful attitude and a clear, positive vision that the whole country could understand and wanted to be a part of. Trump is no Reagan. Cruz is the closest but I see sparks of him in Rubio & Fiorina.

Trump just isn't giving me someone to vote FOR.

cindie

Outstanding post, cindie. h5

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #36 on: August 08, 2015, 07:01:10 PM »
lacarwhacko has been an annoyance for a very long time. Don't let it get you down.

Eusucko--tickles my funny bone that my posts annoy you. You are going to have egg on your stupid face when the "Donald" and Bush are the last two standing. Sad to say but they will have the largest war chest. The media, Rinos and democrats want our nominee to be Bush. In the end Trump wins out. 

President Trump 2016     

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #37 on: August 08, 2015, 07:25:15 PM »
Outstanding post, cindie. h5

Sucking eggs again I see. :lmao:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #38 on: August 08, 2015, 07:26:47 PM »
Eusucko--tickles my funny bone that my posts annoy you. You are going to have egg on your stupid face when the "Donald" and Bush are the last two standing. Sad to say but they will have the largest war chest. The media, Rinos and democrats want our nominee to be Bush. In the end Trump wins out. 

President Trump 2016   

??? Ok...really trying to follow your logic here; if the MSM, RINOS and DEMS want our nominee to be Bush then how does Trump win?  The only thing he will do is hand the nomination to the DEMS. If you think for a minute that Trump will win over Bush, I really think you are not being realistic as Trump during the most viewed debate in television history insulted one of the most popular female conservatives and went on to insult her afterwards; thus pushing away the female electorate.  You go on to say "President Trump 2016".  How exactly do you see that happening?? Bush cannot win against Hillary and Trump cannot win against Bush.  The only one that wins is Hillary.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #39 on: August 08, 2015, 07:52:14 PM »

President Trump 2016   

Being annoyed by pissants like you is just one of the many things I deal with in life. Not enough to get excited about, but it's nice to call attention to the fact that you're a Trump-bot.

Just like the Paul-bots were and are annoying, so too are you.

The RINOs are going to make sure that Jebbie gets the nod -- not that Jebbie is my fave candydate.

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #40 on: August 08, 2015, 08:20:23 PM »
??? Ok...really trying to follow your logic here; if the MSM, RINOS and DEMS want our nominee to be Bush then how does Trump win?  The only thing he will do is hand the nomination to the DEMS. If you think for a minute that Trump will win over Bush, I really think you are not being realistic as Trump during the most viewed debate in television history insulted one of the most popular female conservatives and went on to insult her afterwards; thus pushing away the female electorate.  You go on to say "President Trump 2016".  How exactly do you see that happening?? Bush cannot win against Hillary and Trump cannot win against Bush.  The only one that wins is Hillary.

The voters decide our nominee; not the media. Plus, many voters are fed up with RINO's. I predict that Bush and Trump will probably be the last two standing while the rest of the candidates drop out because of lack of funds. Kinda like Newt in FL where Mitt had a enormous money advantage. It is going to take hundreds of millions of dollars just to compete in the primaries. I hope that Cruz can come up with the cash but I doubt it. He could beat Hilllary if he got the nomination provided he did not go mushy against Hillary like Mitt did against Obama in the second and third debate. 

I and many others think that Kelly and Chris wanted to knock Trump off his block and were unfair. I answered you questions, now please answer mine:

1. Have you ever called a man a pig, asshole, etc? This was a loaded question and what does it have to do with the election. I would venture to say that Trump has hired thousands of women and paid them well. But you take one sound bite and you and the media try to turn him into a bad person. She should apologize
 2. What the hell does a question about transgender have to do with the election? Another retarded question.
3. I have noticed that women want equality but don't like it when they are criticized. Many viewers thought her questions were over the top. Women need to put their big boy pants on if they want to play in the arena rather than play the victim.
4. Do you think that Kelly will go after Hillary like she did with Trump? Hell no she won't. Plus, if Chris and Braer(sp) went after her like they did with Trump, they would be heavily criticized don't you think?? Can we say double standard. Having seen some of the interviews between moderators at Fox in the last election, it was like a love in with Obama. Not so with the Repubs.  Fox lost a lot of viewers after that gotcha debate including me.

BTW, I would love to see Cruz get the nomination or become VP. I like Trump but think Cruz would beat Hillary handily.

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #41 on: August 08, 2015, 08:49:58 PM »
Being annoyed by pissants like you is just one of the many things I deal with in life. Not enough to get excited about, but it's nice to call attention to the fact that you're a Trump-bot.

Just like the Paul-bots were and are annoying, so too are you.

The RINOs are going to make sure that Jebbie gets the nod -- not that Jebbie is my fave candydate.

So sorry I annoy you. LMAO. Lots more to come.  :-)
You got one thing right and that is the RINOs are all in for Bush. He is their fair haired boy, and he will have so much money for media ads and workers that he will blow most of the other candidates away. The field will be cut in half quickly.

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #42 on: August 09, 2015, 12:22:32 AM »
I don't think a big war chest is going to matter this year. The base will not make the same mistake we did last time. Well, that depends on whether people wise up about Trump. I don't have a clue how anyone can actually believe in this charlatan. They need to go watch The Music Man.

cindie
Mick Foley

Hedy Lamarr

Morticia Addams

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #43 on: August 09, 2015, 01:06:03 AM »
I don't think a big war chest is going to matter this year. The base will not make the same mistake we did last time. Well, that depends on whether people wise up about Trump. I don't have a clue how anyone can actually believe in this charlatan. They need to go watch The Music Man.

cindie

Money talks and BS walks. After several primaries, the candidates that have not placed in the top tier will drop out because their money from donors will dry up. That is how it has worked in past Repub. primaries. 

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #44 on: August 09, 2015, 01:37:08 AM »
I've been trying to figure out what it is about this Trump obsession that bothers me so much and just why it terrifies me for this country. It boils down to 2 things:

Look at any thread over at DU where someone has insulted or disagreed with the boy king. The DUmmies fly into rages and tantrums. They hate this person/TV network, whatever. It borders on hysteria. While the rest of us expects the president to rise above such petty things, they take it personally and feed off of his petulance. It's a deliberate effort to blind themselves to what a normal person's reaction should be. Then go to any facebook page, message board thread, blog, whatever that is a pro Trump site. You could substitute 0bama for Trump in those conversations and it would be identical to the conversations at DU.

The other thing is, every conservative I know who isn't mesmerized by The Donald generally has one or two candidates they're enthusiastic about but they're open to learning about and supporting others. They get excited about what different candidates say and take time to understand and listen. Trump supports remind of being a kid when you used to stick your fingers in your ears and say, "LA, LA, LA, I'M NOT LISTENING".

I started out being a rabid Walker fan and I still like him a great deal. However, he doesn't have a lot of charisma and like it or not, you almost always need a bit of the showman to attract people to you. After hearing Cruz, I feel like I'm hearing Reagan again. And Carly, what a pistol. But the thing is, if another candidate (with the exception of Bush or Trump...maybe Kasich) get's the nomination I'll be 100% supporting him or her.

Not so with Trump supporters. It's him or nothing. The problem for the rest of us, Trump has such a big ego, if his sycophants scream loudly enough he WILL go 3rd party. At that point, we might as well get used to saying President Clinton again because there's not a snowball's chance in hell that Trump could pull enough voters to win. He could, however, take enough votes from the Republicans to guarantee the Dems win. The fact that there's a huge group of people on our side who should know better, well maybe 0bama's influenced more people than we think because they're glomming onto someone who's only difference is the rhetoric.

Cindie
Mick Foley

Hedy Lamarr

Morticia Addams

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #45 on: August 09, 2015, 03:27:33 AM »

Not so with Trump supporters. It's him or nothing. The problem for the rest of us, Trump has such a big ego, if his sycophants scream loudly enough he WILL go 3rd party. At that point, we might as well get used to saying President Clinton again because there's not a snowball's chance in hell that Trump could pull enough voters to win. He could, however, take enough votes from the Republicans to guarantee the Dems win. The fact that there's a huge group of people on our side who should know better, well maybe 0bama's influenced more people than we think because they're glomming onto someone who's only difference is the rhetoric.

Cindie

I don't where you dug up this crap from because it does not apply to me. I have said I would vote for Cruz, Rubio or Walker. I seriously doubt I would vote for any third party candidate unless dipshits like Bush, Christie, Paul or Huckabuck got the nomination.  Just because Trump supporters are overly enthusiastic about their candidate does not mean
that they would run the risk of handing Hitlery the election. Could be that millions of Trump supporters who have not voted in past elections have finally found a candidate that excited them. Plus, they are tired of voting for Rino losers like Mitt and McCain.

« Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 03:36:13 AM by Lacarnut »

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #46 on: August 09, 2015, 09:32:52 AM »
I don't where you dug up this crap from because it does not apply to me. I have said I would vote for Cruz, Rubio or Walker. I seriously doubt I would vote for any third party candidate unless dipshits like Bush, Christie, Paul or Huckabuck got the nomination.  Just because Trump supporters are overly enthusiastic about their candidate does not mean
that they would run the risk of handing Hitlery the election. Could be that millions of Trump supporters who have not voted in past elections have finally found a candidate that excited them. Plus, they are tired of voting for Rino losers like Mitt and McCain.

This is exactly where you're full of shit. Most of you Trump-bots haven't made the connection GOP*Trump = President Hillary. You're all so pissed off you can't see straight.

Just check your own posts (multiple) upthread. You wrote, and I paraphrase, "President Trump 2016".

I would most definitely put you in the "overly enthusiastic" category if, at this juncture, you actually call Trump a winner. As you did several times.

So what's it going to be? If you're going to side with Trump because he riles people up, that doesn't equate to Trump exhibiting statesmanship. Doesn't sound very presidential either. As Cindie pointed out, we already have a whiny brat in the WH. Definitely don't need another one with Trump.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #47 on: August 09, 2015, 10:28:37 AM »
A very thoughtful article from Derek Hunter that captures both Trump's appeal and his unappeal:

On the positive side, what can you say about Donald Trump that he hasn’t already said about himself? On the negative side, what can you say about Donald Trump that he or one of his minions won’t attack you for? That’s what Donald Trump is – the Yin and the Yang, the good and the bad, of American politics.

Which is he more of? And what will be the end result? That’s a question no one can answer. But one thing is clear: Donald Trump will be a force to reckon with in the 2016 election.

There are people I respect on both sides of the Trump debate, though I take issue with the tone of each. The Donald isn’t a savior, and he isn’t a destroyer. He’s simply himself. That’s both his appeal and his Achilles heel.

The GOP debate on Thursday was Trump’s to lose, and he lost it. It was a photo finish, but he came off as he has while campaigning – a whiling dervish whose momentum has overtaken control of the race.

His supporters complain about the questions, but the old adage holds: If you’re complaining about the refs, you’re losing.

To think you can run for president and not face tough questions about past actions is to believe in the Easter Bunny. To label those questions as unfair or “hit jobs” is a level of naiveté adults simply shouldn’t possess. To make a sexist attack on the questioner after the fact shows a level of immaturity that cannot be ignored.

Rest of the article at the link:
http://townhall.com/columnists/derekhunter/2015/08/09/trump-the-cure-or-the-disease-n2036526

My own observations:

Trump's egomania rides above all of his efforts to show how he represents the "good guys." During a lifetime of living and working around sycophants, that's bound to happen. He's not been the first to fall into that trap and he won't be the last. Contrast him to Barry, who literally had the world handed to him on a platter pretty much right from the start. At least Trump made his fortune (several times over, as it turns out, as many of his business ventures went bust and he declared various stages of bankruptcy along the way) and thus, he has the appeal of both being a non-politician (which doesn't really happen in this world any more -- all businessmen are politicians at one level or another) and a self-made man.

The downside of that is he doesn't listen and he doesn't care to listen. He simply wants to disrupt and otherwise rile those who might find his approach appealing -- and there are many who do find him and his approach appealing.

While I loathe professional politicians as a general rule, they do have their place. I believe that Cruz is in the right place at the right time. He has the deportment to work with others to the extent he has to; I think he has the right plan and the right approach. Cruz, in his own way, is a much more refined Donald Trump.

The only problem is, Cruz doesn't have Trump's money.

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #48 on: August 09, 2015, 10:30:23 AM »
This is exactly where you're full of shit. Most of you Trump-bots haven't made the connection GOP*Trump = President Hillary. You're all so pissed off you can't see straight.

Just check your own posts (multiple) upthread. You wrote, and I paraphrase, "President Trump 2016".

I would most definitely put you in the "overly enthusiastic" category if, at this juncture, you actually call Trump a winner. As you did several times.

So what's it going to be? If you're going to side with Trump because he riles people up, that doesn't equate to Trump exhibiting statesmanship. Doesn't sound very presidential either. As Cindie pointed out, we already have a whiny brat in the WH. Definitely don't need another one with Trump.

I enjoy rattling the cage of those that despise him by posting "Tump 2016". What your kind does not understand is that the more you beat up on him, the more people become entrenched in their support. The candidates should challenge him on his ideas and put forth theirs. If he does not get the nomination, that is just the way the mop flops. Not going to lose any sleep over it whether he wins or not. 

If a Bush gets the nomination, it really will not matter who comes out the winner in the general. It will just be an extension of the sorry policies of the House and Senate leaders.   

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #49 on: August 09, 2015, 10:55:48 AM »
I enjoy rattling the cage of those that despise him by posting "Tump 2016". What your kind does not understand is that the more you beat up on him, the more people become entrenched in their support. The candidates should challenge him on his ideas and put forth theirs. If he does not get the nomination, that is just the way the mop flops. Not going to lose any sleep over it whether he wins or not.

So you're lying when you purposefully put in "Trump 2016"? Or you're stirring up shit, one or the other.

I don't beat up on Trump and I certainly don't despise him. I just don't take him seriously and while I understand the general outrage that a lot of voters have at the GOP in particular, I don't see that Trump is any kind of answer. He sucks up resources in the sense that there is only so much political capital to go around and Trump takes it all. Not good. 

If a Bush gets the nomination, it really will not matter who comes out the winner in the general. It will just be an extension of the sorry policies of the House and Senate leaders.

Agreed.
[/quote]