Author Topic: Trump Represent Those With a Vein of Anger  (Read 13828 times)

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
Re: Trump Represent Those With a Vein of Anger
« Reply #125 on: September 01, 2015, 01:55:55 PM »
Most if not all politicians are power hungry ego maniacs. The term twisting of arms and breaking bones is CALLED a euphemism. Members of our own party namely Bonehead have punished those that do not agree or vote for his legislation. This is called politics and has been in effect for over a hundred years. I want a president that will follow the constitution on immigration, building a wall, make foreign governments pay for their security, bring back jobs, etc. If he has to twist a few arms, so be it and most Americans want the same. They are tired of the same old, same old...another euphemism.

If this government is not turned around pretty soon, we will default on our debts, people will lose faith in our currency, our morals will go further in the toilet and we will wind up in another war. Like Trump said, he want action rather than tone. Continuing on the same path we are on and you will not have to worry about the Constitution or the flag.

We might not have to pay up on our debts because they are all held by the Chinese.
And right now there is a good chance they are heading for bankruptcy.
The only problem with that is the Chinese used to be the only country in the world willing to buy our debt.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #126 on: September 01, 2015, 02:40:48 PM »

We might not have to pay up on our debts because they are all held by the Chinese.
And right now there is a good chance they are heading for bankruptcy.
The only problem with that is the Chinese used to be the only country in the world willing to buy our debt.

We owe Japan over 1 trillion $$....China 1.4 trillion.

I was a golf pro in the late 60's. You could buy a complete top of the line clubs for under $300 here . In Japan, that set cost over $1,000. We are getting hosed by Japan, China, Mexico, etc. Our balance of payments are way out of whack. Also, most of the money being printed is going out of the country. We can not even give Germany all of their gold that was being held for safe storage. Told them we would dish it out in installments. Our gov. is in pathetic shape financially.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 02:48:53 PM by Lacarnut »

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #127 on: September 01, 2015, 03:20:36 PM »
Most if not all politicians are power hungry ego maniacs. The term twisting of arms and breaking bones is CALLED a euphemism. Members of our own party namely Bonehead have punished those that do not agree or vote for his legislation. This is called politics and has been in effect for over a hundred years. I want a president that will follow the constitution on immigration, building a wall, make foreign governments pay for their security, bring back jobs, etc. If he has to twist a few arms, so be it and most Americans want the same. They are tired of the same old, same old...another euphemism.

If this government is not turned around pretty soon, we will default on our debts, people will lose faith in our currency, our morals will go further in the toilet and we will wind up in another war. Like Trump said, he want action rather than tone. Continuing on the same path we are on and you will not have to worry about the Constitution or the flag.

Of course politicians are power hungry. That's why they need to be changed often but that would require term limits and/or a public that pays attention and doesn't just vote for the guy they know.

If you want a president that follows the Constitution then you (or him/her) need to understand the founders created a system with coequal branches of government. He has absolutely no say in who congressional leaders are. We have more influence that he does. The president can do much to stop illegal immigration invasion by following the laws currently on the books. That hasn't been done in decades. Let's see if the laws we already have work before proposing new legislation. A president can follow the current law on day one. Even when the executive and legislative branches agree, they work at a snail's pace. Congress controls the purse strings but the president has the discretion to take all funding away from sanctuary cities.

The president does have leeway to work within the guidelines of the Constitution when it comes to monetary policy. Interest rates, not pumping money with no value into the market, how to spend money he's been given for various branches of government. He can work to streamline departments and find waste and incompetence. He can decide what to fund. Streamlining would allow him to propose a budget that doesn't require the ridiculous amounts various departments need.

Every congressman wants to be able to say they cut taxes and they'd look like idiots if they gave the president more than he's asking for. 0bama is going over the heads of congress but arm twisting (which he has barely done) tends to make people dig in their heels. It's human nature. He has a bully pulpit to show Americans what amounts he's cutting and why. Millions of Americans calling their senators and congressmen have a much greater chance of affecting legislation than arm twisting. They all want to be reelected.

I don't know how much power a president has to change morality through policy. Gay marriage is the law of the land and making it illegal again would probably be a fool's errand. While he can choose to not fund PP or force employers to pay for birth control most of these kinds of issues aren't at the top of most people's list at this time. Reversing 0bamacare, current illegal executive orders, not being a foreign policy pansy are crucial. Certainly, he should address social issues but these are issues that not only have to go through congress but will be tied up in SCOTUS for a very long time. On these issues you cannot twist dems arms and as of right now nothing can be passed without their support. Given how ineffective this congress has been, it's a crap shoot whether people will vote to have them in charge. It's a fact that while congress parrots "the American people want us to work together", Americans like gridlock. That's what they thought they were getting when they gave reps control of both houses.

Of course the president should use his power to persuade congress but his ability to go directly to the public is a very powerful tool. Start burning up congressional phone lines and email and their instinct for self preservation kicks in. One of the most important things a presidsoment can do is choose to not be influenced by big money and corporations. He can decided "pay for play" will not be a part of his administration. He can choose to not appoint someone to a key post just because they donated money to his presidency. He can choose not to make the executive branch a revolving door for special interests. He can choose who gets government contracts. If a president used the power he currently has to follow laws that have been ignored and keep special interests from having sole influence on him, he'll go a long way towards getting the country back on track.

You'll notice I was not at all hostile to you but engaged you in a worthy conversation. I'd appreciate it if you'd do the same. It would go a long way to reverse some of the hostility people here have for you.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline Boudicca

« Reply #128 on: September 01, 2015, 06:26:28 PM »

Of course the president should use his power to persuade congress but his ability to go directly to the public is a very powerful tool. Start burning up congressional phone lines and email and their instinct for self preservation kicks in. One of the most important things a presidsoment can do is choose to not be influenced by big money and corporations. He can decided "pay for play" will not be a part of his administration. He can choose to not appoint someone to a key post just because they donated money to his presidency. He can choose not to make the executive branch a revolving door for special interests. He can choose who gets government contracts. If a president used the power he currently has to follow laws that have been ignored and keep special interests from having sole influence on him, he'll go a long way towards getting the country back on track.

Cindie

Cindie, this is one of, if not the most, appealing aspects of Donald Trump's campaign for me.  He is a brash, egotistical dynamo of a man, and the idea of him kowtowing to any special interest group seems laughable.  He's probably the only candidate who would go into the presidency and come out poorer at the end.  He's already got tons of power with his billions and his future earning potential, but he strikes me (and possibly others) as someone who is genuinely revolted by politics as usual.

I can't really explain WHY he's struck such a nerve with me, and obviously other R voters, but he has.  Maybe because he seems uber authentic. :shrug:  All I know is that, although my state never gets a real sayso in the primary process, I'm casting my vote for America, and the person who I view as most likely to DO something in her best interests.  And, should Trump beat the establishment RINO machine, he can probably beat Iran, China and Mexico.
Sneaking into a country doesn't make you an immigrant any
more than breaking into someone's house makes you part of the family.
(Poster bolky from thehill.com blog discussion)

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #129 on: September 01, 2015, 06:53:29 PM »

this is one of, if not the most, appealing aspects of Donald Trump's campaign for me.  He is a brash, egotistical dynamo of a man, and the idea of him kowtowing to any special interest group seems laughable.  He's probably the only candidate who would go into the presidency and come out poorer at the end.  He's already got tons of power with his billions and his future earning potential, but he strikes me (and possibly others) as someone who is genuinely revolted by politics as usual.

I can't really explain WHY he's struck such a nerve with me, and obviously other R voters, but he has.  Maybe because he seems uber authentic. :shrug:  All I know is that, although my state never gets a real sayso in the primary process, I'm casting my vote for America, and the person who I view as most likely to DO something in her best interests.  And, should Trump beat the establishment RINO machine, he can probably beat Iran, China and Mexico.

I feel the same way. I like Cruz and Carson but they are too mild mannered for my taste. I want someone that will kick the Repub Rinos in the balls to get things accomplished.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 06:56:31 PM by Lacarnut »

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #130 on: September 01, 2015, 07:13:28 PM »

You'll notice I was not at all hostile to you but engaged you in a worthy conversation. I'd appreciate it if you'd do the same. It would go a long way to reverse some of the hostility people here have for you.

Cindie

I will reciprocate provided personal attack and the F. word  are not used against me. People like Eupher and Banned from DU are the only two jerks that show hostility. Those that do get it back in spades. I enjoy a good debate.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #131 on: September 02, 2015, 07:05:03 PM »
I will reciprocate provided personal attack and the F. word  are not used against me. People like Eupher and Banned from DU are the only two jerks that show hostility. Those that do get it back in spades. I enjoy a good debate.

One good jerk deserves another.

I'm so glad I'm occupying space in your head. At least something is there!  :-)
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #132 on: September 03, 2015, 09:27:41 AM »
One good jerk deserves another.

I'm so glad I'm occupying space in your head. At least something is there!  :-)

Maybe for 2 seconds.  :-)

Offline cantdumpthetrump

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #133 on: September 03, 2015, 09:44:29 AM »
Trump is exactly what America needs... a politician who can't be bought and who is straight up, doesn't hide his motivations and is outside of the same-old fake political sideshow that we see every year. He is shaking things up and speaking his mind, it's time for a president who is real!
Things you can't do:
1. Divide by zero
2. Travel backwards in time
3. Uncrack an egg
4. DUMP THE TRUMP!

Offline cantdumpthetrump

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #134 on: September 03, 2015, 09:46:14 AM »
And no matter how much all these pansies whine... they can try as hard as they might, cry all they want... but there is one thing they cannot do... THEY CAN'T DUMP THE TRUMP!
Things you can't do:
1. Divide by zero
2. Travel backwards in time
3. Uncrack an egg
4. DUMP THE TRUMP!

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #135 on: September 03, 2015, 12:47:01 PM »
Never underestimate the ignorance of a zombie for owebuma.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #136 on: September 04, 2015, 12:26:27 PM »
Maybe for 2 seconds.  :-)

Two seconds is sometimes an eternity.  :whistling:
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Boudicca

« Reply #137 on: September 04, 2015, 08:37:49 PM »
Two seconds is sometimes an eternity.  :whistling:

Said Moochelle last time Barry jumped her.

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #138 on: September 05, 2015, 01:04:38 PM »
Said Moochelle last time Barry jumped her.

Do you really think she lets him? I'm not sure he can get it up with her.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #139 on: September 05, 2015, 01:07:08 PM »
And no matter how much all these pansies whine... they can try as hard as they might, cry all they want... but there is one thing they cannot do... THEY CAN'T DUMP THE TRUMP!

Oh, honey, you need to do a much better job trolling. This isn't pretty!

Cindie
Mick Foley

Hedy Lamarr

Morticia Addams

Offline Boudicca

« Reply #140 on: September 10, 2015, 07:51:42 PM »
Do you really think she lets him? I'm not sure he can get it up with her.

Cindie

Ugly calls to ugly.  They probably relish the reverse role play, ya know, he's the she and she's the he.  Her biceps are more awesome than his and her balls are most likely bigger as well. 
On second thought, maybe that's why no one's seen Bo lately...he saw something something going on in the First Bedroom and is now roaming as a mentally wiped stray somewhere on the mean streets of DC. :p

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #141 on: September 12, 2015, 02:21:55 AM »
Oh, honey, you need to do a much better job trolling. This isn't pretty!

Cindie

A chump for Trump, leg-humping the Trump. It takes all kinds...
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #142 on: September 12, 2015, 07:27:15 PM »
Ugly calls to ugly.  They probably relish the reverse role play, ya know, he's the she and she's the he.  Her biceps are more awesome than his and her balls are most likely bigger as well. 
On second thought, maybe that's why no one's seen Bo lately...he saw something something going on in the First Bedroom and is now roaming as a mentally wiped stray somewhere on the mean streets of DC. :p
H-5