Author Topic: On drug war, leaders recall Zapata  (Read 1576 times)

Offline cavegal

On drug war, leaders recall Zapata
« on: March 03, 2011, 05:56:31 PM »
http://www.politico.com/politico44/perm/0311/lessons_from_mexico_2d00a044-d902-43b0-8d07-68252292dc0d.html

“We have to be very careful about how we care for all of our agents, not just Mexican, American, all agents,” the Mexican president said. “We have to have a policy that is much more daring in this sense. ... and seek much more creative solutions.”

Despite a recent outcry over American agents like Zapata not being able to defend themselves, Obama clarified that “creative solutions” can’t, for now, include guns.

“There are laws in place in Mexico that say our agents should not be armed,” he said. “When it comes to our partnership, our cooperation in battling the drug cartels, our job is to help with information. It’s to help with equipment. It’s to help with coordination.”

snip

Calderón, who emphasized that the United States and Mexico share responsibility for drug violence

snip

Obama pointed to the Constitution and said, “I believe in the Second Amendment.”

“We can shape an enforcement strategy that slows the flow of guns into Mexico while at the same time preserving our Constitution,” he said.

emphasis mine. When I read earlier this week that Calderon was going to be at the White House I said to myself, do not read a thing about this, it will only p!$$ me off. WELL I TRIED TO STAY AWAY, yet no. YES I AM P!$$3d off.  :argh:

“Look, we’re led by a man that either is not tough, not smart, or he’s got something else in mind,”  Donald J.Trump. 6/13/16