Author Topic: This is from last September, but I'm glad this sheriff shares my views re the UN  (Read 1522 times)

Offline Boudicca

:lol:  Love it, and thought some of youall might as well.  So glad Dever's my sheriff and not Dumpdick up in Tucson. :-)

Sheriff Larry Dever, whose officers patrol Cochise County along the border between Arizona and Mexico, said he finds it “amazing” that the U.S. State Department would refer the recently passed immigration law in his state to the United Nations Human Rights Council for review.

“Well, it’s just amazing to me,” Dever told CNSNews.com. “Course, I have about as much regard for the U.N. as I do the vermin that hides in the rocks around my house here and reaches out and tries to bite me every now and then.”

The Bush administration refused to join the U.N. Human Rights Council, citing lax membership criteria that allowed countries with poor human rights records to sit on the council, including countries such as China, Saudi Arabia, Libya, Russia, Cuba, Pakistan, Tunisia and Egypt.

The Obama administration joined the council, citing its imperfections but made claims that U.S. efforts could change the organization for the better.

http://current.com/news/92643763_az-border-sheriff-i-have-about-as-much-regard-for-the-u-n-as-i-do-the-vermin.htm
Sneaking into a country doesn't make you an immigrant any
more than breaking into someone's house makes you part of the family.
(Poster bolky from thehill.com blog discussion)