Author Topic: Trump falls into the trap he set for Biden  (Read 663 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Trump falls into the trap he set for Biden
« on: September 23, 2020, 08:29:33 AM »
Star Member brooklynite (63,886 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100214120291

Politico

Donald Trump will face Joe Biden within days for the first of three presidential debates, and some of the president’s supporters are already bracing for a humiliating loss.

White House allies, Republican donors and some of Trump’s closest advisers worry that a recent, frenzied push by his top lieutenants to portray Biden as a seasoned debater — with the goal of raising expectations for the Democratic presidential nominee — is too late and too disingenuous to have an impact when the two meet on the debate stage next Tuesday.

They worry Trump has set a trap for himself by incessantly attacking Biden’s age and mental acumen. It’s a tactic the president has maintained even as his campaign publicly insists the former vice president is fully capable of a satisfactory performance. Unlike the president, who has spuriously claimed Biden is “probably” on performance-enhancing drugs, Trump campaign communications director Tim Murtaugh attributed Biden’s “quite good” performance in past debates to the Democrat’s ability “to turn it on when the cameras come” after years of experience in politics.

“Eight years as vice president, three decades in the Senate, two debates as vice president and he just came through about a dozen debates in the Democratic primaries where he vanquished two dozen opponents — that’s the Joe Biden we’re expecting,” Murtaugh said.

:rotf:

greymattermom (5,500 posts)

1. I can turn it on when the cameras come.

After 40 years in academics, it's easy and natural. I have my professor voice that most of my family hasn't heard. Trump only has his circus carnival voice. I might even watch the show.

Star Member PCIntern (20,081 posts)

7. you know Biden is ready if Trump starts stalking him

Or performs an untoward physical act besides standing behind his podium. Without doubt, there is a pithy sentence which he will utter.

:whatever:

Star Member TheBlackAdder (17,547 posts)

8. Trump projects the use of Adderall. Perhaps drug tests are in order.

:yawn:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline SVPete

Re: Trump falls into the trap he set for Biden
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2020, 08:39:19 AM »

Politico

Donald Trump will face Joe Biden within days for the first of three presidential debates, and some of the president’s supporters are already bracing for a humiliating loss.

I realize this is a Politico article, but I thought Star Member brooklynite would be smarter that to post something this moronic. I don't know how the debate will go, but I'm certainly not "bracing for a humiliating loss" by Trump! :rotf: Any more than I was before the 2016 debates with HilLIARy. :tongue:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2020, 09:31:07 AM »

Politico

This might explain why they have been putting a lid on Biden's appearances after 10 AM lately. Maybe his handlers are trying to reset his body clock. By having him sleep during the day he may be able to move back the time his sundowners kicks in until after the debate ends.
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2020, 09:37:37 AM »
As of 22 September, Biden has ended the campaign day early 8 of those 22 days.

https://twitter.com/alec_sears/status/1308408738315931658
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2020, 09:55:52 AM »
Well that's it then checkmate to the democrat party, stick a fork in us we are done.   ::)
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2020, 10:36:48 AM »
Politico The Onion

White House allies, Republican donors and some of Trump’s closest advisers worry that a recent, frenzied push by his top lieutenants to portray Biden as a seasoned debater — with the goal of raising expectations for the Democratic presidential nominee — is too late and too disingenuous to have an impact when the two meet on the debate stage next Tuesday.

edited for realism...
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2020, 02:04:52 PM »
If Biden could really do that, he wouldn't need scripted questions and a teleprompter for his answers at his so-called press conference.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2020, 02:21:03 PM »
If Biden could really do that, he wouldn't need scripted questions and a teleprompter for his answers at his so-called press conference.

Do you really need a teleprompter to not answer questions because that is what Orange man wants him to do?
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2020, 04:47:26 PM »
...Trump campaign communications director Tim Murtaugh attributed Biden’s “quite good” performance in past debates to the Democrat’s ability “to turn it on when the cameras come” after years of experience in politics.
Others may disagree, but I didn't think Biden was that impressive in the democrats' primary debates.

Online jukin

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2020, 11:57:48 AM »
Today is September 28th, just before the first presidential debate and Pedo Joe Biden put a "lid" on his campaign at 9:30am.  Trump will be doing the job of presidenting, making peace deals, getting the economy going again, shaming the evil donk party, and sleeping with a beautiful woman.

ON EDIT:  I was wrong the Biden campaign and pedo ring called a lid at 9:52 on9/28/2020. I own up to my mistakes.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2020, 12:13:28 PM by jukin »
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.