Author Topic: DUmp kerfunkle in the making (no gNads)  (Read 637 times)

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
DUmp kerfunkle in the making (no gNads)
« on: December 06, 2013, 05:45:46 PM »
Here's one that's sure to spark outrage among the butthurt.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10024143696
Fri Dec 6, 2013, 06:36 PM
Star Member Cali_Democrat (18,156 posts)

South Carolina Sheriff Defies Obama, Refuses To Lower Flag For Mandela Because He's Not 'Murkan

South Carolina Sheriff Refuses To Lower Flag For Mandela
Hunter Walker – December 6, 2013, 4:31 PM EST5224  

Rick Clark, the sheriff of Pickens County, S.C., vowed on Friday to defy President Obama's order that U.S. flags be lowered to half staff in honor of deceased South African leader Nelson Mandela.

Clark made his promise in a Facebook post to keep flying the flag at the Pickens County Sheriff's Office at full height.

"I usually don't post political items, but today is different. I received this notification today, 'As a mark of respect for the memory of Nelson Mandela, the President orders that the flag of the United States be flown at half-staff effective immediately until sunset, December 9, 2013,'" Clark wrote. "Nelson Mandela did great things for his country and was a brave man but he was not an AMERICAN!!! The flag should be lowered at our Embassy in S. Africa, but not here."

Clark said the flags at the Sheriff's Office were at half staff Friday to mourn a deceased deputy. Clark said the flag would remain at half mast Saturday to mark Pearl Harbor Day. After that, he said, he "ordered that the flag here at my office back up" (sic).

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/south-carolina-sheriff-vows-not-to-lower-flag-for-mandela
So, what's the point. He wasn't.
No comments as yet.

Edit to correct a spelling error that GOBUCKS, pointed out.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 08:23:08 PM by Skul »
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Re: DUmp kerfuncle in the making (no gNads)
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2013, 05:50:18 PM »
Yeah, I heard this half-staff thing for Mandela today on the car radio and couldn't help but laugh out loud. There was a time when the lowering of the flag meant something. Now, it's like the Nobel Peace Prize or being called a racist/bigot/homophobe. The meaning has eroded.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Skul

• Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2013, 06:03:44 PM »
They're off to the races.  :rotf:
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline dane

• http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-ash2/37017
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2013, 06:23:20 PM »
Lowering the flag to half staff for non-Americans is not unprecedented, but is rare.
This too shall pass.

Offline Skul

• Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2013, 06:36:16 PM »
Lowering the flag to half staff for non-Americans is not unprecedented, but is rare.
I've seen that a few times.
It's just fun to watch the primitives wad their panties in a knot.

Offline jukin

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2013, 06:38:13 PM »
The Obama Regime is going to milk Mandela's death for as much as it can. SQUIRREL!!!!!1111!!!!elebinty
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Skul

• Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2013, 06:48:59 PM »
The Obama Regime is going to milk Mandela's death for as much as it can. SQUIRREL!!!!!1111!!!!elebinty
Squirrel is watching you. He is not happy.
May call his cousin Vinny.

Offline Dori

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2013, 06:51:37 PM »

He's probably doing cart wheels over it.  He's hoping the media and his base will go chase the shiny Mandela story and won't focus on his  Obamacare disaster.
“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2013, 06:53:20 PM »
I forget did we lower the flag for Margret Thatcher?
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2013, 06:54:01 PM »
I forget did we lower the flag for Margret Thatcher?
No, but we did send them an iPod with Obama's speeches on it.

Oh wait, that was the Queen.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2013, 08:15:29 PM »
No, but we did send them an iPod with Obama's speeches on it.

Oh wait, that was the Queen.

I wonder if that gift to the Queen included his "If you like your plan you can keep it. Period." speech.

Her Royal Highness probably chortled.

By the way, as coined by nadin, the word is "kerfunkle" with two "Ks", not kerfuncle. Don't let her say she was misquoted.

Offline Skul

• Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2013, 08:21:42 PM »
I wonder if that gift to the Queen included his "If you like your plan crown you can keep it. Period." speech.

Her Royal Highness probably chortled.

By the way, as coined by nadin, the word is "kerfunkle" with two "Ks", not kerfuncle. Don't let her say she was misquoted.
Small fix.
You are correct about the "K". BS accepted.
Change was made.

Offline GOBUCKS

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2013, 08:30:15 PM »
Small fix.
You are correct about the "K". BS accepted.
Change was made.
Ha! No BS! Just a point of order to keep an outstanding nadinism intact.

Offline Skul

• Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2013, 08:36:01 PM »
Ha! No BS! Just a point of order to keep an outstanding nadinism intact.

You're too kind. BS for being a pansy.

Offline GOBUCKS

« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2013, 08:41:06 PM »
You're too kind. BS for being a pansy.

Excessive kindness and deep empathy are crosses I've always borne.

Offline Skul

• Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2013, 08:44:24 PM »
Excessive kindness and deep empathy are crosses I've always borne.
I've noticed that.  :cheersmate: