Author Topic: BREAKING: NYT reports Cheney told CIA to hide info from Congress  (Read 1331 times)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
WOOT!! Darth Cheney Strikes Again!!!

kevinbgoode  (1000+ posts)      Sat Jul-11-09 05:25 PM
Original message
BREAKING: NYT reports Cheney told CIA to hide info from Congress

From MSNBC:

"The Central Intelligence Agency withheld information about a secret counterterrorism program from Congress for eight years on direct orders from former Vice President Dick Cheney, the agency’s director, Leon E. Panetta, has told the Senate and House intelligence committees, two people with direct knowledge of the matter said Saturday.

The report that Mr. Cheney was behind the decision to conceal the still-unidentified program from Congress deepened the mystery surrounding it, suggesting that the Bush administration had put a high priority on the program and its secrecy.

Mr. Panetta, who ended the program when he first learned of its existence from subordinates on June 23, briefed the two intelligence committees about it in separate closed sessions the next day."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31867022/ns/politics-the_ne... /

LOL!!!Cheney is Dooooooooooooooooooooooomed!!!!   :-)
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: BREAKING: NYT reports Cheney told CIA to hide info from Congress
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2009, 08:26:30 PM »
Oh my.

I just now started hearing drumbeats on Skins's island.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2009, 08:29:16 PM »
The CIA has secrets???!!!!!  :o

Honestly this dumbass is going to destroy our ability to have any foreign intelligence.
Then again that is his mission I think.
O wants the CIA to be a partisan attack machine for domestic politics and we are now beginning to see them strongarm possible "unfriendlies" out of their jobs by insinuation and threat of expensive prosecution.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2009, 08:37:04 PM »
What newspaper has leaked more classified info than any other news source in the US?  I would venture a guess that the CIA didn't tell congress because they didn't want details printed in the New York Times.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2009, 08:53:42 PM »
This will be yet another "Lucy and The Football" moment on DU.

Much will be posted, DUmmies will scream, nothing will happen, Darth Cheney will smile...  :-)
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2009, 09:09:12 PM »
This will be yet another "Lucy and The Football" moment on DU.

Much will be posted, DUmmies will scream, nothing will happen, Darth Cheney will smile...  :-)

Love the Lucy analogy!  :lmao:
“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.â€

Offline jukin

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2009, 09:34:15 PM »
Do the donks ever get tired of Cheney knocking the hell out of them? 

What is the definition of insanity again?

Darth is going to come out swinging and pelosi is going to resign...you heard it here first.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2009, 09:45:21 PM »
Do the donks ever get tired of Cheney knocking the hell out of them? 

What is the definition of insanity again?

Darth is going to come out swinging and pelosi is going to resign...you heard it here first.

from your lips to God's ears!
“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.â€

Offline Chris_

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2009, 09:48:13 PM »
Love the Lucy analogy!  :lmao:

Hi Schade. Maybe we'll get a William Rivers Pitt and a Nancy Greggs screed out of
this one... :uhsure: :-)

Offline Chris_

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2009, 09:55:39 PM »
All I wanna know is when we should start the clock for the 24 business hours...

Offline claret1995

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2009, 08:18:13 AM »

If anyone here has a copy of the 1947(I think) law that lists the restrictions and obligations of the Cia on informing congress, It will be enlightening and informative.........

The Cia is required to inform congress except....................

Please some one post this

Offline crockspot

• In Memoriam
  • Bite me, libs.
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2009, 09:04:02 AM »

If anyone here has a copy of the 1947(I think) law that lists the restrictions and obligations of the Cia on informing congress, It will be enlightening and informative.........

The Cia is required to inform congress except....................

Please some one post this

That would be The National Security Act of 1947.

Offline crockspot

• In Memoriam
  • Bite me, libs.
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2009, 09:06:59 AM »
Perhaps this is the relevant section?

EXCEPTIONS

Sec. 803. [50 U.S.C. 437] Except as otherwise specifically provided, the provisions of this title shall not apply to the President and Vice President, Members of the Congress, Justices of the Supreme Court, and Federal judges appointed by the President.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2009, 09:16:57 AM »

EXCEPTIONS

Sec. 803. [50 U.S.C. 437] Except as otherwise specifically provided, the provisions of this title shall not apply to the President and Vice President, Members of the Congress, Justices of the Supreme Court, and Federal judges appointed by the President.

I think this is an appropriate posting . . .

"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2009, 11:12:42 AM »
Hi Schade. Maybe we'll get a William Rivers Pitt and a Nancy Greggs screed out of
this one... :uhsure: :-)

No please... I beg of you! Although I have had some insomnia issues lately.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2009, 11:20:50 AM »
No please... I beg of you! Although I have had some insomnia issues lately.

Schade, it sounds as if you have mixed feelings on the subject . . .  :fuelfire: :tongue:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2009, 06:07:45 PM »

I found a better one:

SEC. 103. (50 U.S.C. 403-3] (a) PROVISION OF INTELLIGENCE. (1) Under the direction of the National Security Council, the Director of Central Intelligence shall be responsible for providing national intelligence -

(A) to the President;

(B) to the heads of departments and agencies of the executive branch;

(C) to the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and senior military commanders; and

(D) where appropriate, to the Senate and House of Representatives and the committees thereof.

IOW, Pelosi, Reid, and the NYT didn't need to know jack....
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2009, 06:14:47 PM »
The MSM will blow this story up WAY bigger than it needs to be to hide this story:

Sotomayor Enters Confirmation Process with Miers-Like Numbers

http://www.nowhampshire.com/2009/07/10/sotomayor-enters-confirmation-process-with-miers-like-numbers/
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn