Author Topic: I need to do something random and weird at work  (Read 1694 times)

Offline LC EFA

• Hickus Australianus
  • In Memoriam
I need to do something random and weird at work
« on: July 10, 2009, 06:18:52 PM »
arbusto_baboso  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Fri Jul-10-09 01:41 PM
Original message
Okay, I need to do something random and weird at work. Any suggestions?

Three stipulations:

1) It can't be something that could conceivably get me fired.

2) It can't be illegal.

3) It must leave me feeling both refreshed and menatlly alert.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=105x8918103

You could try something completely different and actually do some work.

suninvited  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Fri Jul-10-09 01:43 PM
Response to Original message
1. saran wrap across the toilet seats

well, how sensitive are the people you work with and how much would it take to get you fired? Someone did that at my work and everything thought it was hilarious.

Note: the prankster had to clean the bathroom afterwards.

::)

Do that at ANY of the workplaces I've been at and you'll be in the market for a new job immediately.

arcadian  (1000+ posts) Fri Jul-10-09 01:55 PM
8. You could rob a coworker.

Put pantyhose over your head then demand money while pointing your finder at them in your pocket. When they laugh it off as a joke, continue like you are really serious. Continue until they are really uncomfortable and stop laughing then demand money again.

Please try this.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: I need to do something random and weird at work
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2009, 06:20:06 PM »
Oh, yeah.

The busted baboon primitive.

The busted baboon primitive can be ridiculous at times.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2009, 06:31:14 PM »
He really, really needs an ass-kicking, but being fired may have to do.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2009, 06:35:04 PM »
suninvited  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Fri Jul-10-09 01:43 PM
1. saran wrap across the toilet seats

well, how sensitive are the people you work with and how much would it take to get you fired? Someone did that at my work and everything thought it was hilarious.

Note: the prankster had to clean the bathroom afterwards.

Obviously the "prankster" was DUmmy suninvited.

Just as obviously, the workplace was a government office. The "prankster" would have been dismissed had it been a real job.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2009, 06:54:35 PM »
Seriously -- you know whats fun ? Multi colored Post-It notes and a blank cubicle wall. Or you can go even more extreme like these guys did..

Yes - these images are Post-It notes stuck to glass.

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2009, 06:56:19 PM »

Show up at your desk and working 10 minutes before you are supposed to.  Leave 20 minutes later than you are supposed to.

Bathe.

Groom.

Say "please" and "thank you."

Be cheerful.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2009, 09:03:44 PM »
Seriously -- you know whats fun ? Multi colored Post-It notes and a blank cubicle wall. Or you can go even more extreme like these guys did..

Yes - these images are Post-It notes stuck to glass.
That's pretty cool.  We just disassembled people's desks and hid everything when they went on vacation. :p
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2009, 09:04:42 PM »
Show up at your desk and working 10 minutes before you are supposed to.  Leave 20 minutes later than you are supposed to.

Bathe.

Groom.

Say "please" and "thank you."

Be cheerful.
Are you mad, sir??  Just think of the instability that would cause in the universe.
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline Vagabond

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2009, 11:54:13 PM »
That's pretty cool.  We just disassembled people's desks and hid everything when they went on vacation. :p

We once disassembled a guys bunk, and reassembled it in the shower.  Perfectly ready for inspection, including highly shined boots.  That drew plenty of laughs.
There comes a time when even good men must run up the black flag of anarchy and slit throats. - H.L. Mencken

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2009, 02:48:37 AM »
You could try something completely different and actually do some work.

:lmao: :lmao:

Offline Doc Savage

• Challenger of the Democratic faith
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2009, 09:37:39 AM »
arbusto_baboso  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Fri Jul-10-09 01:41 PM
Original message

Three stipulations:

1) It can't be something that could conceivably get me fired.

2) It can't be illegal.

3) It must leave me feeling both refreshed and menatlly alert.
  Bathe
You see, I don't care you how feel.  I really don't.  More importantly, neither does anyone else.  Only about 200 people on a planet of 7 billion actually care about your feelings, and that's if you're lucky.  The sooner you grasp this lesson, the better off you will be.  And since almost no one gives a damn what you do, say, think, or feel, appealing to your feelings when you encounter differences of opinion is not only illogical, but useless.

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2009, 01:38:41 PM »
We once filled the boss' desk drawer full of sand. Didn't take anything out before we did it. Got the idea from a movie one of the guys had watched.
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline crockspot

• In Memoriam
  • Bite me, libs.
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2009, 07:28:49 AM »
In college, while one of the dorm RA's was away for the weekend, we filled his dorm room up entirely with wadded up newspaper.. floor to ceiling. Took the whole weekend, and we had to use a trick with a large sheet of cardboard near the end, to keep the paper wads from spilling out the door. At the end, we slid the cardboard out the slightly ajar door as we closed it.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2009, 07:32:37 AM »
Show up on time, alert, sober, ready to work, and not bitching about anything.  That'll blow their freakin minds, DUmmies.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2009, 08:00:44 AM »
In college, while one of the dorm RA's was away for the weekend, we filled his dorm room up entirely with wadded up newspaper.. floor to ceiling. Took the whole weekend, and we had to use a trick with a large sheet of cardboard near the end, to keep the paper wads from spilling out the door. At the end, we slid the cardboard out the slightly ajar door as we closed it.

I helped three guys do this to our RA my freshman year.  Took us a lot less time--just an evening.  The head resident of the dorm thought it was pretty funny (the RA in question didn't), but he was more concerned with the guys taking over a ton of newspapers from the recycling center, than trashing the room.  So, the other three guys got fined.  (They took the papers--I didn't.  I did chip in a few bucks to them, however.)
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2009, 08:42:18 AM »
I helped three guys do this to our RA my freshman year.  Took us a lot less time--just an evening.  The head resident of the dorm thought it was pretty funny (the RA in question didn't), but he was more concerned with the guys taking over a ton of newspapers from the recycling center, than trashing the room.  So, the other three guys got fined.  (They took the papers--I didn't.  I did chip in a few bucks to them, however.)

We moved everything but the paint on the walls out of one upperclassman's dorm room while he was out partying all night.  He showed up around daylight, opened the door, let out a loud "W...T...F!!!???!!!" you could hear all down the hall, and then laughed his ass off.   
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2009, 08:49:12 AM »
we acquired a key to the service elevator and moved all the furniture from the common room on the floor above ours to the laundry room in the basement.  we hated those guys

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2009, 09:16:49 AM »
We once disassembled a guys bunk, and reassembled it in the shower.  Perfectly ready for inspection, including highly shined boots.  That drew plenty of laughs.

I didn't do this at any workplace, but my friends and I "altered" a classroom in High School.

On April 1st, 3 friends and I turned EVERY desk, chair, bulletin board in the room upside down before the teacher got there.  The only thing "normal" was her desk.  The look on her face was priceless, even if it took her 5 minutes before she noticed something was wrong.   :rotf:

It got us our own page in the yearbook!
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2009, 11:39:26 AM »
I didn't do this at any workplace, but my friends and I "altered" a classroom in High School.

On April 1st, 3 friends and I turned EVERY desk, chair, bulletin board in the room upside down before the teacher got there.  The only thing "normal" was her desk.  The look on her face was priceless, even if it took her 5 minutes before she noticed something was wrong.   :rotf:

It got us our own page in the yearbook!

:evillaugh:

I'm always messing with people at work. I bought a huge fake rubber roach and placed it on a shelf, an employee was in that area, reaching down to grab something, felt something touching her head & it was the fake bug....funny shit.  :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

I hid that fake bug so many times my gut hurt from laughing....

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2009, 01:26:12 PM »
:evillaugh:

I'm always messing with people at work. I bought a huge fake rubber roach and placed it on a shelf, an employee was in that area, reaching down to grab something, felt something touching her head & it was the fake bug....funny shit.  :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

I hid that fake bug so many times my gut hurt from laughing....

We did something similar, but with a genuine dead Palmetto. It died such that it looked like a Praying Mantis, its front legs up as if in attack position. It was a huge one, at least 3 to 4 inches long. It ended up perched on the security chief's phone. Funniest day ever...

the conversation went like this..

Me : "Hey, I wonder if Helen's in yet"
Helen "AHHHHHHHHH!!! WHO PUT THE COCK-A-ROACH ON MY PHONE!!!!"
friend : "Yup. She's here."

followed by much laughter..

Offline Servonaut

• In Memoriam
  • "Memento Mori"
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2009, 04:05:24 PM »
I'm still trying to figure out what "menatlly alert" means

Is that some kinda new age crap ?

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2009, 06:00:35 PM »
I'm still trying to figure out what "menatlly alert" means

Is that some kinda new age crap ?

Possibly, but I wonder how "mentally" and "alert" got in the same post, much less the same sentence, from a DUmmie....
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.