Author Topic: A Way for Skinner to check for unrec trolls  (Read 1005 times)

Offline Chris

• Administrator
A Way for Skinner to check for unrec trolls
« on: July 10, 2009, 12:43:40 AM »
Liberation Angel  Donating Member  (324 posts)
Thu Jul-09-09 11:05 PM
Original message

A Way for Skinner to check for unrec trolls

It is fairly obvious to me that the unrec feature will be a magnet for freeper trolls who want to disrupt here and keep important stories off the front page and off the greatest page.

Since most folks really only recommend the very best threads there is a certain amount of self control by most folks here (in my limited experience).

Certain subjects (like nuclear power, for example) will bring out the pronuke procorporate propagandists who will defend the indstry til the cows come home.

Whether or not these are rank and file DUers or corporate operatives will be difficult to tell, but there will certainly be the potential for them to organize because the nuke industry has very sophisticated PR operations (I know because I have been engaged with them off and on for many years because I have worked as an antinuke activist and been engaged in NRC hearings and litigation)

So at first blush one can see right away that any thread on this subject will immediately attract a substantial number of unrecs at first to keep it off the greatest page and make it impossible for it to get there.

Ultimately the rec/unrec feature is a poll which can be manipulated by the far right.

etc, etc, blah, blah

FLAprogressive  (1000+ posts)
Thu Jul-09-09 03:10 PM
Original message
RIP: Critical Thought on DU

Any post that does not 'toe the line' so to speak will be immediately "unrecommended" by the operatives.....now the greatest page will be filled with cheerleader threads, just how the All Star Cheerleaders want it.

I guess some people are just sick of the truth and just want to see sunshine, puppies, and rainbows.....my my my how DU has changed.

"unrec" this all you want.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x6022595

WillYourVoteBCounted  Fri Jul-10-09 01:37 AM
Original message

I would like to see a "tombstone" button   

hehehehe.

Why go out when you can order in?
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Re: A Way for Skinner to check for unrec trolls
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2009, 09:39:38 AM »
I love how the DUmmies think that lots of corporate interests are visiting and posting at DU. :whatever:
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2009, 11:50:10 AM »
I love how the DUmmies think that lots of corporate interests are visiting and posting at DU. :whatever:

The only way in which "corporate interests" could possibly feel comfortable/safe visiting the Island, is from the sanitized, plexiglass enclosure that is AdBot.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2009, 12:00:31 PM »
Whether or not these are rank and file DUers or corporate operatives will be difficult to tell, but there will certainly be the potential for them to organize because the nuke industry has very sophisticated PR operations (I know because I have been engaged with them off and on for many years because I have worked as an antinuke activist and been engaged in NRC hearings and litigation)

Don't worry your ugly little head, I doubt this will be a problem. Honestly, what makes you think they'd waste their time with DU? Aside from being the most un-active activists on the planet (DUAC, DUAC), there aren't enough of you nutcases to warrant even passing attention. Kos, maybe...they at least have the numbers that make them worthy of attention. But if it helps you with your self esteem to think "big brother" is interested in anything you have to say, by all means let those words spew and fester.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2009, 12:12:02 PM »
Don't worry your ugly little head, I doubt this will be a problem. Honestly, what makes you think they'd waste their time with DU? Aside from being the most un-active activists on the planet (DUAC, DUAC), there aren't enough of you nutcases to warrant even passing attention. Kos, maybe...they at least have the numbers that make them worthy of attention. But if it helps you with your self esteem to think "big brother" is interested in anything you have to say, by all means let those words spew and fester.

Cindie

But DU has over 140,000 members!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111
« Last Edit: July 10, 2009, 12:15:26 PM by Ralph Wiggum »
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline crockspot

• In Memoriam
  • Bite me, libs.
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2009, 03:04:46 PM »
Any corporate entity that would waste even a minute trying to manipulate DU does not deserve to stay in business.

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2009, 03:06:48 PM »
You're a "corporate entity" just like you're a lousy freeper troll if you offer any form of dissenting opinion.

They'd idiots.
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.