Author Topic: Minister Greets Franken with Questions About Mockery of Christians  (Read 737 times)

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
proud2BlibKansan  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Tue Jul-07-09 07:17 PM
Original message
Minister Greets Franken with Questions About Mockery of Christians

WASHINGTON, July 7 /Christian Newswire/ -- Rev. Rob Schenck was among invited guests at a special reception held in the US Senate Hart Office Building today for newly sworn US Senator Al Franken of Minnesota. Rev. Schenck cheerfully greeted Sen. Franken with a good-natured question about the former comedian's caustic and often insulting jokes about Christians and what they believe.

Rev. Schenck is the president of both the National Clergy Council and it's lay affiliate, Faith and Action, a Christian missionary outreach to elected and appointed officials in Washington, DC.

Earlier in the day a letter from Rev. Schenck to Sen. Franken referencing the former comedian's history of Christian bashing was hand-delivered to his new office. In it, Rev. Schenck gently suggested the Senator begin his tenure with an apology to the millions of Americans who self-identify as Christians.

"Senator, you've really thrown some zingers at Christians over the years. We don't know whether or not to take you seriously," said Rev. Schenck.

"Well, I'm married to a Christian," Sen. Franken responded.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x6010046

Of course the dummies have no problem with making fun of those fundies.

aquamarina  Donating Member  (517 posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Tue Jul-07-09 07:19 PM
Response to Original message
1. Do these people have NOTHING better to do? Jeez, he was a

COMEDIAN - they make jokes.

And I'm sure if he mocked gays you would have the same response.  :whatever:

HiFructosePronSyrup  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Tue Jul-07-09 07:29 PM
5. Uh huh.

Because a joke about Jesus lusting after Barbara Hershey is oh so offensive.

A real knee slapper for sure it would be funnier if you replaced Jesus with Allah oh wait then your panties would automatically bunch up.

timeforpeace  (630 posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Tue Jul-07-09 07:29 PM
6. Lighten up, he's a comedian for gawd sakes.

He's gonna make us laugh for the next years no doubt.

Warren DeMontague  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Wed Jul-08-09 05:23 AM
20. Hey Rev- If you can't handle a few "zingers", what the **** good are you?

Jesus ****ing Christ on a Pogo Stick.

Tell ya what lemme post some zingers at DU about gays and liberals.  :-)

I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: Minister Greets Franken with Questions About Mockery of Christians
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2009, 12:33:56 PM »
Oh my.

This bonefire needs linked the next time the primitives protest about a comedian (or "comedian") mocking groups of people the primtiives like.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2009, 12:49:03 AM »
Oh my.

This bonefire needs linked the next time the primitives protest about a comedian (or "comedian") mocking groups of people the primtiives like.

I'd much rather print it and roll it up in the Sunday edition and slap them up side the head with it!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline claret1995

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2009, 10:14:25 AM »
I'd much rather print it and roll it up in the Sunday edition and slap them up side the head with it!

I'd much rather print it and roll it up in the Sunday edition,set it on fire and slap them up side the head with it!

Fixxed