Author Topic: primitives all bent out of shape over no abortion funding  (Read 402 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
primitives all bent out of shape over no abortion funding
« on: July 01, 2009, 07:55:42 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=222x63814

Oh my.

ehrnst (785 posts)      Wed Jul-01-09 12:36 PM
Original message

19 House Dems ready to throw women and girls under the bus

alternately, they're willing to throw the rest of Americans who need affordable health care under the bus for their "Pro-life" contributors:

http://www.nationaljournal.com/congressdaily/hbp_200906...

<snip>

Nineteen House Democrats have told Speaker Pelosi they will not vote for healthcare legislation "unless it explicitly excludes abortion funding from the scope of any government-defined or subsidized health insurance plan." In a letter to Pelosi, the lawmakers said they want to ensure that the Health Benefits Advisory Committee cannot recommend that abortion services be included as part of a benefits package. "Without an explicit exclusion, abortion could be included in a government-subsidized healthcare plan under general health care," the letter states.

</snip>

The list of Democrats is further on down in this bonfire; there's some surprises.

lindisfarne (1000+ posts)     Wed Jul-01-09 12:39 PM
Original message

Let them exclude abortion coverage. I am about as pro-choice as can be, but this is a Rep. move to kill health-care reform. No federal money currently can be used for abortion except in very limited health-related cases.

With the money that is saved, we can all fund Planned Parenthood.

Don't let the right-wing win over this issue.

Nineteen Democrats are "right-wing"?

ehrnst (785 posts)      Wed Jul-01-09 12:41 PM
Response to Original message

2. As if PP will get any more funding...

Reproductive health care is a basic need.

No, I don't want to derail health care, but the majority of those who need timely abortions will be the ones on a federal plan.

lindisfarne (1000+ posts)     Wed Jul-01-09 12:44 PM
Response to Reply #2

6. Health care is a basic need. If you have lower health care costs after reform, donate to PP.

Then, work to include abortion coverage in public plan.

ehrnst (785 posts)      Wed Jul-01-09 12:47 PM
Response to Reply #6

7. I do, and I will. However, PP is losing money at state levels

Due to the work of such assholes as the ones signing this letter.

THEY are the ones ready to derail affordable health care, not me.

lindisfarne (1000+ posts)     Wed Jul-01-09 12:49 PM
Response to Reply #7

10. Being right about who is ultimately derailing reform won't help those without health care if reform doesn't pass, as a result.

This is unwin-able, given that health care reform is going to be a tough battle without the abortion issue. You might as well support a republican if you're going to insist on abortion being included - that's their goal: to take support away from reform and create doubt in the minds of those who are just barely on the side of supporting it.

ehrnst (785 posts)      Wed Jul-01-09 12:53 PM
Response to Reply #10

13. I don't think that contacting those politicians and telling them that they will lose their jobs over this will be what kills health reform.

lindisfarne (1000+ posts)     Wed Jul-01-09 12:56 PM
Response to Reply #13

18. Contact them. Just don't insist on abortion coverage being included or you're going to lose public support. That's the key issue.

ehrnst (785 posts)      Wed Jul-01-09 01:03 PM
Response to Reply #16

23. PP receives Title X funding - and that's not going to increase anytime soon and neither is private funding - both due to the economy.

I thought the economy's been humming along ever since January 20, 2009.

One wonders what's up with that; the primitives promised us it would.

lindisfarne (1000+ posts)     Wed Jul-01-09 01:05 PM
Response to Reply #23

24. Title X funding does not pay (directly) for abortion. The topic is abortion.

ehrnst (785 posts)      Wed Jul-01-09 01:11 PM
Response to Reply #24

29. The topic was funding of Planned Parenthood...

The greedy party primitive; once a Primitive of Prominence, but since fallen back down into among the unterprimitiven, the faceless lynch mob:

GreenPartyVoter  (1000+ posts)        Wed Jul-01-09 12:39 PM

1. This is such a friggin outrage! Unfortunately, the RW religious nuts still have enough clout to take major control of issues even when they are just a minority group.

And here's the list, courtesy the Krispy Kreme primitive:

CrispyQ  (1000+ posts)      Wed Jul-01-09 12:41 PM

3. And why shouldn't it be included? It's a LEGAL procedure, you assholes.

snip...

The letter was signed by Reps. Dan Boren of Oklahoma; Bart Stupak of Michigan; Tim Holden, John Murtha, Kathleen Dahlkemper and Paul Kanjorski of Pennsylvania; Collin Peterson and James Oberstar of Minnesota; Travis Childers and Gene Taylor of Mississippi; Lincoln Davis of Tennessee; Solomon Ortiz of Texas; Mike McIntyre and Heath Shuler of North Carolina; Jerry Costello of Illinois; Bobby Bright of Alabama; Steve Driehaus and Marcy Kaptur of Ohio; and Charlie Melancon of Louisiana.

Okay, having seen the list, and not having seen Ms. Ed, the unappellated eohippus, the High Priestess of Moloch to the primitives, at this bonfire, I'll stop now.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
Re: primitives all bent out of shape over no abortion funding
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2009, 08:08:00 PM »
ehrnst (785 posts)      Wed Jul-01-09 12:47 PM
Response to Reply #6

7. I do, and I will. However, PP is losing money at state levels

Due to the work of such assholes as the ones signing this letter.

THEY are the ones ready to derail affordable health care, not me.

What????  A DUmmy wishing for a profit. :o

lindisfarne (1000+ posts)     Wed Jul-01-09 12:56 PM
Response to Reply #13

18. Contact them. Just don't insist on abortion coverage being included or you're going to lose public support. That's the key issue.

What does that tell you about things you selfish bastard. :censored:
You don`t want abortion for health of the mother reasons but as an escape clause to sleep with whoever whenever.
Rot in hell you murderous asshole.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
Re: primitives all bent out of shape over no abortion funding
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2009, 08:34:43 PM »
those who need timely abortions will be the ones on a federal plan.
nee

Timely? That isn't necessary. Even though Killer Tiller is now suffering well-deserved agonies in Hell, he left us with a replacement butcher in Nebraska. Legal, democrat-endorsed slaughter of infants, up to and including the moment of natural childbirth, is easily available, soon to be financed by the taxpayer. So, as long as the Nebraska slaughterhouse is in business, there's no need for a "timely" abortion.