Author Topic: primitive gets called by Rockefeller bank about overdue bill  (Read 449 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
http://www.democraticunderground.org/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x5959184

Oh my.

Missy Vixen  (1000+ posts)      Tue Jun-30-09 01:55 PM
Original message

My husband's little chat with Chase collections

For those who haven't been breathlessly keeping up with our family, we've been out of work since November 17th. My husband has sent out hundreds of resumes, made followup phone calls, and had a few interviews. The last one was for a contract position in the Seattle area. The initial hiring pool was 4,000 people. It came down to two -- he and another guy. The other guy got the job. This has happened a few times now.

We have been living on a combo of a little severance, our tax return, and unemployment. We are now talking about cashing out a 401K.

We have applied for the "homeowner bailout". We have been making our house payment, even though it is getting increasingly difficult to do so. We've been waiting four months for the paperwork. When we called Chase to inquire as to when the paperwork might be arriving at our house, we were told that they still could wait another 90-120 days. There's no rush. Well, unless they want money.

We have an old credit card we're still paying off. Guess who now owns it? One of Chase's collectors just called us. We don't qualify for their hardship program because our income is "temporary". Uh-huh. As the guy told my husband, "What happens when the unemployment runs out?"

Gosh, that's a good question, isn't it?

Aren't all the Rockefellers Democrats now?

One wonders what's up with this.

The Twix candy bar primitive:

TwixVoy  (1000+ posts)        Tue Jun-30-09 01:58 PM
Response to Original message

1. Sell the house

take the cash and use it as needed.

Missy Vixen  (1000+ posts)      Tue Jun-30-09 01:59 PM
Response to Reply #1

3. TwixVoy, I don't mean to sound bitchy

Where is it that we're supposed to live? We do not have a job, which is necessary to rent anything.

Subdivisions  (1000+ posts)        Tue Jun-30-09 01:58 PM

2. A very good question for you and many more like you who've lost their jobs through no fault of your own. What do you and your husband do for a living, if you don't mind me asking =)?

I had to go look it up in the DUmping Ground, a subsidiary forum to this, the DUmpster.

The subdivided primitive was once known as the "Texas Explorer" primitive.

Anyway, to continue:

Missy Vixen  (1000+ posts)      Tue Jun-30-09 02:01 PM
Response to Reply #2

4. Well, maybe Chase will get the pittance we'll have when we're outside, huh? 

My husband is in his 40's, with 20 years' experience in IT.

I am an author. Unfortunately, this is not a highly paid profession,  so I brushed up my resume, too. I used to be a secretary.

nini  (1000+ posts)        Tue Jun-30-09 02:06 PM

5. cash out a 401k 

your 'rainy day' is here.
apres moi, le deluge