Author Topic: droopy drawers primitive tips the scales  (Read 376 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
droopy drawers primitive tips the scales
« on: June 30, 2009, 04:12:36 AM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=337x4363

Oh my.

This was once the "droopy" primitive, the droopy drawers primitive, who when he changed his screen-name for some really odd reason my fellow alum Skins didn't let him keep his post-count.

I dunno what was up with that; I'll bet that if Skins hadn't allowed Doug's ex-wife to keep her post count when she changed her screen-name, she would've raised Hell.

Tobin S.  (277 posts)      Mon Jun-29-09 02:47 AM
Original message

I just tipped the scales at 198.4

Granted I was in my birthday suit. Granted it was when I first got out of bed and I'm always lighter then. But this is the first time I've weighed in at under 200 pounds at any time since I was 19 years old- 17 years ago.

I am now down to a 36 inch waist and I wear size large shirts. That's down from a 48 inch waist and triple extra large shirts. I am no longer considered obese- just a little overweight. I feel much better. I've lost 91 pounds.

Good for the droopy drawers primitive.

The gigantic primitive:

Systematic Chaos  (1000+ posts)      Mon Jun-29-09 01:02 PM
Response to Original message

1. Congratulations to you on your weight loss!

That's wonderful news.

Personally I'm looking forward just to getting under 300 because I haven't been there in 18 years. If I break below 200 it will be for the first time since around my 13th birthday in 1982. It almost seems surreal, but I stand an excellent chance of pulling this off with the plan I'm following.

All the best of continued success to you!

One notices a change in the gigantic primitive's comments lately, which cannot be anything but good.  He's getting away--one hopes permanently, but one suspects temporarily--from this "me me me" bit and working on getting concerned about others.

I dunno how long it'll last, but it doesn't hurt.

DU AdBot (1000+ posts)      Tue Jun 30th 2009, 05:06 AM
Response to Original message

Drop 25 Pounds in 30 days

Fastest Weight Loss Guaranteed!  As
Seen on CBS News
apres moi, le deluge

Offline lars1701c

Re: droopy drawers primitive tips the scales
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2009, 08:10:52 AM »
I noticed only one reply, its like they dont give a shit about others only themselves or bitching about rethugs.   :rotf:
"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
~~~ The late Dr. Adrian Rogers , 1931 to 2005

Offline Karin

Re: droopy drawers primitive tips the scales
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2009, 10:55:17 AM »
You're right lars.  This happens when someone gets a job interview, too.  They avoid the person like the plague, when they should be offering encouragement and best wishes.  I wish the best for droopy and chaos.  Life must be so damned uncomfortable with significant extra weight.