Author Topic: Huge Bomb Kills 6 U.S. Soldiers in Afghanistan  (Read 1074 times)

Offline cavegal

Huge Bomb Kills 6 U.S. Soldiers in Afghanistan
« on: December 12, 2010, 01:35:38 PM »
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/13/world/asia/13afghan.html

ZHARI, Afghanistan — Six American soldiers were killed and more than a dozen American and Afghan soldiers were wounded on Sunday morning when a van packed with explosives detonated beside a small joint outpost in southern Afghanistan.

The soldiers were at a new strong point in a small mud-walled building near the village of Sangsar, north of the Arghandab River, when the bomber drove up to one of the building’s walls and exploded his charge at about 9 a.m.
:bawl:

“Look, we’re led by a man that either is not tough, not smart, or he’s got something else in mind,”  Donald J.Trump. 6/13/16

Offline ColonialMarine0431

• DEUS VULT
Re: Huge Bomb Kills 6 U.S. Soldiers in Afghanistan
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2010, 02:00:24 PM »
This was in Kandahar's Zhari district, where Mullah Mohammad Omar organized the Taliban in the early 1990s.

I often wonder whether it's worth it. We're there to bring freedom. Well, freedom has to be earned by people who are willing to stand up and fight for it. It can't be given. It has to be earned. If the Afghanis really want freedom then the first thing they need to do is get rid of that crooked asswipe Hamid Karzai.

I'll See Your Jihad and Raise You One Crusade

Offline cavegal

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2010, 02:17:26 PM »
This was in Kandahar's Zhari district, where Mullah Mohammad Omar organized the Taliban in the early 1990s.

I often wonder whether it's worth it. We're there to bring freedom. Well, freedom has to be earned by people who are willing to stand up and fight for it. It can't be given. It has to be earned. If the Afghanis really want freedom then the first thing they need to do is get rid of that crooked asswipe Hamid Karzai.

I used to think it was worth it. Now not so much. If they let our Military fight and kill the bad guys then yes. As long as we have these deadly ROE orders no.  Thank you ColonialMarine for posting those pic's.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2010, 02:19:48 PM by cavegal »

“Look, we’re led by a man that either is not tough, not smart, or he’s got something else in mind,”  Donald J.Trump. 6/13/16

Offline true_blood

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2010, 08:21:14 PM »
My thoughts and prayers for those soldiers and their families.