Author Topic: Good Day!  (Read 2287 times)

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
Good Day!
« on: August 21, 2009, 03:31:01 PM »
Conservative with libertarian leanings, trying to find more of the same, as I find myself surrounded by liberals in my day-to-day life.  (Which is quite odd, considering I am in Texas, and not Austin, Texas either.)

I am a big supporter of all those that served, having come from a Military Family, Army, Air Force, and Navy.  Step-Mom survived a meeting at the Pentagon on 9/11.   

Proud member of the Ladies Auxiliary of my local American Legion. 

Lurked for a year or so, and thought I should finally sign up.

Have a good weekend!
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
Re: Good Day!
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2009, 03:32:40 PM »
Welcome, glad you decided to join up and I hope you enjoy posting here.  :cheersmate:

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2009, 03:38:49 PM »
Thank you.   I don't suppose you could clue me in on how to make that nifty little blue quote box thingymabibber, could you? 

Putzed around with it for a while, and couldn't figure it out.  Haven't even had a beer yet....so no excuse. 

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2009, 03:46:24 PM »
Thank you.   I don't suppose you could clue me in on how to make that nifty little blue quote box thingymabibber, could you? 

Putzed around with it for a while, and couldn't figure it out.  Haven't even had a beer yet....so no excuse. 
Sure.  When you click the reply screen you will see a speech bubble icon click that and then cut and paste your text into it.  If you are replying to a post and want to quote the person you are replying to then you need to click on  the button labelled 'quote' which is in the top right corner of all posts.  Hope that helps. :)

Offline Flame

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2009, 03:50:37 PM »
Welcome!  :cheersmate:

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2009, 04:12:51 PM »
Sure.  When you click the reply screen you will see a speech bubble icon click that and then cut and paste your text into it.  If you are replying to a post and want to quote the person you are replying to then you need to click on  the button labelled 'quote' which is in the top right corner of all posts.  Hope that helps. :)

Entirely too simple.  Didn't even see that box.   :banghead:

Much obliged.

edit:  Lack of proper punctuation.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2009, 03:07:03 PM »
Conservative with libertarian leanings, trying to find more of the same, as I find myself surrounded by liberals in my day-to-day life.  (Which is quite odd, considering I am in Texas, and not Austin, Texas either.)

Unlike the DUmp, we don't walk lockstep here. I'm a conservative on fiscal and military issues, but a bit (l)ibertarian when it comes to many social issues. I've never considered myself to be a member of any party. I'm beholden to my own principles, not a party. My philosophy is, leave me the hell alone, in every aspect.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2009, 04:01:01 PM »
Unlike the DUmp, we don't walk lockstep here. I'm a conservative on fiscal and military issues, but a bit (l)ibertarian when it comes to many social issues. I've never considered myself to be a member of any party. I'm beholden to my own principles, not a party. My philosophy is, leave me the hell alone, in every aspect.

Nice to meet you.  Looks like we have a bit in common.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2009, 05:59:15 PM »
Hi there. Welcome fellow Texan!  :cheersmate: God hates bunnies. Pass it on!
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2009, 08:06:57 AM »
Hi there. Welcome fellow Texan!  :cheersmate: God hates bunnies. Pass it on!

Appreciate the welcome.  Since God is hating bunnies, I decided I would channel my hate somewhere else, in order to spread the wealth.  I hate Possums.  I really do.