Current Events > Economics

MAGA posse melts the Turtle's switchboard

(1/3) > >>

old dog 2:
He's walking back his cave in on kicking the can down the road.  The Biden regime's agenda was in the coffin ready for burial.  Majority opposition to the spending and today's horrific jobs numbers ... time to nail the coffin shut.  Mighty Mitch to the rescue.

--- Quote ---"Last night, Republicans filled the leadership vacuum that has troubled the Senate since January. I write to inform you that I will not provide such assistance again if your all-Democrat government drifts into another avoidable crisis," McConnell wrote in the letter to Biden.
--- End quote ---

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/576039-in-blistering-letter-to-biden-mcconnell-vows-gop-wont-raise-debt-ceiling-in

I'M NOT HOLDING MY BREATH, MITCH.

old dog 2:
Here are the bipartisan beltway crap weasels who broke the GOP filibuster:

Sen. Mitch McConnell (R,KY),
Sen. John Barrasso (R-Wyo.),
Sen. Roy Blunt (R-Mo.),
Sen. Richard Shelby (R-Ala.),
Sen. Mike Rounds (R-S.D.),
Sen. Shelley Moore Capito (R-W.Va.),
Sen. Susan Collins (R-Maine),
Sen. Lisa Murkowski (R-Alaska),
Sen. Thom Tillis (R-N.C.),
Sen. John Thune (R-S.D.).

A POX ON THEIR HOUSES.

Eupher:
IMHO, I think the Turtle set up the Dems for a colossal meltdown.

We'll see it in early December. And unless the Turtle reneges (entirely possible, as I don't trust the bastard either), Schumer has a 564-ton pile of shit in his lap to contend with.

And it's entirely on the Dems. No Repub support.

I could be wrong, but I think it's a masterful political move, one that sets up Chuck the Schmuck in a way that wouldn't be obvious any other way.

First of all, you can't trust Manchin. He's a snake. He says one thing but does another. He says he wants to save the filibuster, but do you really trust what this asshole says? Not me. I think Sinema has more balls than Manchin ever THOUGHT about having, and she swings both ways.

Second, it's entirely possible that Chuck the Schmuck - with his back against the wall - torpedoes the filibuster. Of course, the reconciliation process pretty much negates the filibuster anyway, and the Murder Turtle - in recognizing that - set up The Schmuck such that he's ---

All. On. His. Own.

This could be all toast, but you can't count The Murder Turtle out. He's a masterful politician, though it pains me to say that.

DefiantSix:
Just 24 Bid'niss hours to find out, I guess.

:popcorn:

old dog 2:

--- Quote from: Eupher on October 08, 2021, 07:43:47 PM ---IMHO, I think the Turtle set up the Dems for a colossal meltdown.

We'll see it in early December. And unless the Turtle reneges (entirely possible, as I don't trust the bastard either), Schumer has a 564-ton pile of shit in his lap to contend with.

And it's entirely on the Dems. No Repub support.

I could be wrong, but I think it's a masterful political move, one that sets up Chuck the Schmuck in a way that wouldn't be obvious any other way.

First of all, you can't trust Manchin. He's a snake. He says one thing but does another. He says he wants to save the filibuster, but do you really trust what this asshole says? Not me. I think Sinema has more balls than Manchin ever THOUGHT about having, and she swings both ways.

Second, it's entirely possible that Chuck the Schmuck - with his back against the wall - torpedoes the filibuster. Of course, the reconciliation process pretty much negates the filibuster anyway, and the Murder Turtle - in recognizing that - set up The Schmuck such that he's ---

All. On. His. Own.

This could be all toast, but you can't count The Murder Turtle out. He's a masterful politician, though it pains me to say that.

--- End quote ---

Excellent points, Eupher.

The one thing that makes my blood boil is the "red meat" followed by the "last minute sellout".  The Turtle is a slimy bastard. 

I'm sure Mitch and all of the other 19 GOP traitors who voted for the Infrastructure Bill have their own pet projects and slush funds buried deep in those thousands of pages.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version