Author Topic: Chillin'  (Read 776 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Chillin'
« on: November 06, 2020, 06:15:34 PM »
In 2000, it wasn't until December 14 that Alphonse Capote Gore finally gave up.

I don't mind, if I have to, waiting until December 14, 2020, for Biden to concede.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Re: Chillin'
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2020, 09:18:07 AM »
I had those same thoughts myself.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2020, 09:54:06 AM »
I had those same thoughts myself.

I'm just sitting back, letting God and Donald Trump take care of it.

It's a long time away until mid-December, but I don't expect to be disappointed.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2020, 10:17:02 AM »
The worst about this is the nonstop begathon texts. You would think the lawyer fees would've already been budgeted in
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline Movie buff- The Sequel

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2020, 11:27:25 AM »
The worst about this is the nonstop begathon texts. You would think the lawyer fees would've already been budgeted in
Agreed. I'd have thought those obnoxious texts would end after Election Day!

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2020, 11:49:36 AM »

Live in a "purple" state with an often competitive race for President  (Trump won easily), highly contentious Senate race (incumbent Republican won), and a toss up House district (Democrat won).

Was getting dozens of fundraising emails a day, up to 10 texts and up to 10 mailers from PAC's in snail mail.  Exhausting and a waste of time & money.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2020, 02:16:03 PM »
Interesting how everyone is simply letting the media call it. Should be fun to watch this play out.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2020, 03:08:34 PM »
The media is not the government or secretary of state or election commission.

The Electoral College
https://www.ncsl.org/research/elections-and-campaigns/the-electoral-college.aspx

The Electoral College in 2020
The following is a summary of how the Electoral College will work in the 2020 presidential election:

Spring and Summer 2020: Nomination of Electors. The political parties in each state nominate their electors. Parties and states have different ways of going about this, but a party's presidential electors are generally loyal or consistent party members. The parties want to be sure they can rely on their electors to cast their votes for the party's nominee for president.
Nov. 3, 2020: Election Day, when voters in each state will select their presidential electors. The names of electors are not on the ballot in most states. Rather, when a voter casts a vote for a presidential candidate, s/he is also casting a vote for the electors already selected by the party of that candidate. If a majority of voters in a state vote for the Republican candidate for president, the Republican slate of electors is elected. If a majority vote for the Democratic candidate, the Democratic slate of electors is chosen.
Dec. 8, 2020: Deadline for Resolving Election Disputes. All state recounts and court contests over presidential election results must be completed by this date. (3 U.S.C. § 5). For the majority of states the date of certification is the same as for all contests, but in eight states there is a deadline that either directly references 3 USC §5 or uses similar language, requiring that disputes surrounding the selection of presidential electors be resolved in time to meet the “safe harbor” deadline: Indiana, Iowa, New Jersey, North Carolina, Ohio, Tennessee, Texas and Virginia. For detailed information on state post-election processes, please visit this page.
Dec. 14, 2020: Meeting of the Electors. The electors meet in each state and cast their ballots for president and vice president. Each elector votes on his or her own ballot and signs it. The ballots are immediately transmitted to various people: one copy goes to the president of the U.S. Senate (who is also the vice president of the United States); this is the copy that will be officially counted later. Other copies go to the state's secretary of state, the National Archives and Records Administration, and the presiding judge in the district where the electors meet (this serves as a backup copy that would replace the official copy sent to the president of the Senate if it is lost or destroyed).
Dec. 23, 2020: Deadline for Receipt of Ballots. The electors' ballots from all states must be received by the president of the Senate by this date. There is no penalty for missing this deadline.
Jan. 6, 2021: Counting of the Electoral Ballots. The U.S. Congress meets in joint session to count the electoral votes.
Jan. 20, 2021: Inauguration Day.  The president-elect becomes the president of the United States.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du