Author Topic: Email  (Read 4155 times)

Offline CG6468

Email
« on: August 22, 2013, 07:26:42 AM »
Do any of you have experience with using Reagan.com for your email? They allegedly claim that they'll never give out any of your information and that their emails are confidential.

$40 per year for guaranteed private account sounds good if it's all they claim. I haven't signed up to enter the site, and I have no idea if that's for just one address or if you can set up several accounts.

Website
Illinois, south of the gun controllers in Chi town

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
Re: Email
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2013, 09:52:25 AM »
I just got an email the other day offering me the same thing, but I'm almost positive it wasn't reagan.com. I would have remembered that name.

I didn't click on it though, I'm always afraid it's a trap of some sort. Several agents in my old office, have had their emails hacked with stuff going out to their entire email list!! Each one had an email going out asking for money.... they were mortified. One I called and asked if he was ok, which of course he was, but a former client of his had called wanting to send him money...he said while it was really nice they cared that much about him, he was so embarassed. 
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline Dori

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2013, 10:00:08 AM »
Doesn't Mark Levin advertise Reagan.com?  $40 a year sounds pretty cheap.  We used to pay $5 a mo. 
“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler

Offline CG6468

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2013, 10:22:20 AM »
Doesn't Mark Levin advertise Reagan.com?  $40 a year sounds pretty cheap.  We used to pay $5 a mo. 

We don't get Levin until late at night here, so I rarely listen to him. I've heard Rush talk about it. I'm getting real close to paying the $40 to see how it works out. I've paid more than that for things that DIDN'T work.

Offline Dori

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2013, 10:29:41 AM »
We don't get Levin until late at night here, so I rarely listen to him. I've heard Rush talk about it. I'm getting real close to paying the $40 to see how it works out. I've paid more than that for things that DIDN'T work.

You can listen to all of Mark's shows for free on your computer, but he filters out all of the commercials in the podcast.  
 http://www.marklevinshow.com/common/page.php?pt=podcasts&id=191&is_corp=0
“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler

Offline CG6468

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2013, 10:53:31 AM »
You can listen to all of Mark's shows for free on your computer, but he filters out all of the commercials in the podcast.  
 http://www.marklevinshow.com/common/page.php?pt=podcasts&id=191&is_corp=0

Thanks.

Offline Bad Dog

• God help me I do love it so
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2013, 01:24:53 PM »
Both Marl & Rush advertise Regan.mail.  I'm not having any trouble with g-mail but I'll probably sign up if I do.  Might not be a good move for your mole persona though.

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2013, 09:33:33 AM »
Long ago, I obtained a website url and was using that site for my Ex's real estate business. She moved on to a different company and I have kept to url which comes with 5 free email accounts. It's like $15. year. I don't have to worry about who is giving out info because it's my own personal email & URL. The website, itself, is long gone. That's what I would recommend.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline CG6468

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2013, 02:22:21 PM »
Welp, I bit the bullet. I'll let all y'all know about how I feel.

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2013, 06:50:14 AM »
Do any of you have experience with using Reagan.com for your email? They allegedly claim that they'll never give out any of your information and that their emails are confidential.

$40 per year for guaranteed private account sounds good if it's all they claim. I haven't signed up to enter the site, and I have no idea if that's for just one address or if you can set up several accounts.

Website

"People who believe in true Reagan Conservative Values are unwittingly supporting the Obama, Pelosi, and Reid liberal agenda," writes Reagan. "Every time you use your e-mail from companies like Google, AOL, Yahoo, Hotmail, Apple and others, you are helping liberals. These companies are, and will continue, to be huge supporters financially and with technology of those that are hurting our country. Is that where you want your money to go?"

http://www.fastcompany.com/1676888/ronald-reagans-son-launches-reagan-email-alternative-lefty-gmail-aol-hotmail

Offline SCoastclamdigger

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2013, 07:22:31 AM »
Long ago, I obtained a website url and was using that site for my Ex's real estate business. She moved on to a different company and I have kept to url which comes with 5 free email accounts. It's like $15. year. I don't have to worry about who is giving out info because it's my own personal email & URL. The website, itself, is long gone. That's what I would recommend.

I like this idea. There must be an offshore anonymous and encrypted domain hosting service out there.

I also heard startpage was starting a spy proof email service.

I posted about this topic 5 months ago before any of the Sn0wclen stuff was known...but still haven't found a viable alternative for all of my email.
http://www.conservativecave.com/index.php/topic,84905.0/highlight,email.html