Author Topic: Child abuse and "protected political speech" overlap. Apparently...  (Read 1057 times)

Offline Mary Ann

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100213796285

This thread discusses the horrendous, appalling photo of a grown man kneeling on the neck of a toddler, who is obviously terrified. Most of the DUpipo see exactly what us normal people see. Not Laelth. S/he/it keeps digging deeper and deeper and deeper.

Dial H For Hero (196 posts)

Man shown kneeling on 2-year-old's neck jailed

https://dayton247now.com/news/local/man-shown-kneeling-on-2-year-olds-neck-jailed

MOOREFIELD TOWNSHIP, Clark County, Ohio (WKEF/WRGT) -- A man shown on social media kneeling on the neck of a 2-year-old boy is in jail. Photos of a man kneeling on the child with the banner comment "BLM Now" had been circulating on social media before The Clark County Sheriff's Office began investigating. "Two divisions of the Clark County Sheriff's Office immediately began an investigation to determine the location of the incident and the identities of the individuals involved," a sheriff's office statement reads.

Deputies were able to make contact with the mother, the child shown in the photo and the man also in the photo. That man, identified as 20-year-old Isaiah Jackson, was arrested immediately for a Parole Authority holder from the Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Correction.

The child, whose identity is not being released, was taken to a hospital, where he was found to have not been injured because of the incident shown in the photo. The sheriff's office says the child's mother was unaware of the incident or the photo until the sheriff's office began investigating.

Investigators say they have prepared a case against Jackson and is awaiting the Clark County Prosecutor's Office to determine "the scope and breadth of the felony charges that will be supported."
Star Member Laelth (26,034 posts)

5. Kid wasn't hurt?

Sounds like bad judgment and a stupid photo pose to me.

Certainly doesn’t sound worthy of prison.

-Laelth
Kneeling on a two-year old's neck? Simple bad judgment.  :whatever:
S/he/it then goes on to explain:
Laelth (26,034 posts)

17. Interesting question.

The caption “blm now” says, “Hey, whitey? How would you feel if we did this to your children?”

Interesting.

-Laelth
Yeah, child abuse is "interesting."
Laelth (26,034 posts)

26. I saw it, eventually.

This is obviously protected political speech. If that man had really intended to hurt that child, the child would be dead. This was a staged photo, and I think that the mother was probably involved. She certainly hasn’t filed kidnapping charges.

Main thing—the child was not injured. If the people staging this political photo (note the “blm now” caption) had any real intent to hurt that child, the child would be dead.

-Laelth
I don't think this is what the founders had in mind when they conceived the First Amendment.

Laelth, I'd love to see some "protected political speech" performed on you. Idiot.
Yeehah (729 posts)

112. That's the stupidest thing I've read for a long time

Last edited Fri Jul 24, 2020, 08:33 AM - Edit history (1)

Congratulations.
Laelth (26,034 posts)

76. Fair enough.

But it is political speech (even if it’s not “protected” because it displays some child abuse). The caption says “blm now.” How can that not be political speech?

My main point was that I don’t think that this particular instance of child abuse warrants imprisonment. I think that this lynch mob mentality makes us look really bad.

-Laelth
Laelth backs off--a little. But still thinks it's merely "political speech."
Laelth (26,034 posts)

95. What I find morally wrong is the prevailing notion that the perps should be imprisoned.

I do not consider this offense imprisonable.

I don’t like seeing DU look like an angry lynch mob just because some ill-advised
brown people
staged a piece of political speech that depicts violence against a white child. Yes, it’s provocative. Yes, it’s stupid. Yes, for about 30 seconds that child suffered emotional abuse and panic in order to produce this obvious piece of political speech.

But I wouldn’t send the perps to prison for it. The child wasn’t injured. There was no intent to injure the child. If there had been, the child would be dead, and I can not condone sending people to prison under these circumstances.

DU is doing exactly that, for the most part, and I morally object to that.

-Laelth
Ah, yes, the poor oppressed brown people performed a violent act of political speech on their oppressor, who happens to be a toddler. Yeah, people go to prison for that.
Laelth (26,034 posts)

71. No. Child abuse is not OK.

But what this photograph shows is NOTHING compared to the serious cases of child abuse and, especially, child neglect that our social workers deal with on a daily basis.

I would not be willing, as a Judge, to put these men in prison for subjecting a child to thirty seconds of panic and emotional distress just so that these well-meaning morons could create an evocative political message. Many more children are subjected to far worse abuse and neglect than this for much longer periods of time. These long-term abuse cases deserve more of our Courts’ attention, and their abusers are far more worthy of our prison beds.

-Laelth
Well-meaning? WELL-MEANING????
Laelth (26,034 posts)

104. They are well-meaning.

The caption “blm now” (below the picture) is a well-meaning argument. “Hey, whitey? How would you feel if brown people were doing this to your children?”

That’s a reasonable, well-meaning argument, if you ask me, and, in this case, the white person didn’t even die. In fact, the child was taken to the hospital, and it was determined that the child had suffered no physical injury. It was an ill-advised, staged, event made to convey a First Amendment-protected political argument. Stupid? Yes. Imprisonable? No. Not in my opinion, but I am standing front of the mob, and I only have so much courage. If I keep this up, they may lynch me too.

Peace, my friend.

-Laelth
There is much, much more Laelth goodness in this thread. It has to be seen to be believed.

It is so sad that people like this are allowed to walk among us. And vote.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
Re: Child abuse and "protected political speech" overlap. Apparently...
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2020, 08:13:11 PM »
What should one expect from a Cole's County wannabe?

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2020, 08:07:46 AM »
What should one expect from a Cole's County wannabe?

I get that reference unfortunately.  H5.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2020, 08:13:13 AM »
My question about this whole story is, if the mother had no idea he was going to do it, who is the chubby-armed beyotch holding the kid's hands behind his back in the pic, and why isn't her fat ass in jail too?
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Mary Ann

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2020, 08:15:53 AM »
So, if there was a pic of Obama being hanged in effigy, would that be "protected political speech," in Laelth's opinion? Or would it be hate speech, based on race? Why isn't this also hate speech, based on race?

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2020, 08:17:59 AM »
And they all leave off the end of the caption on the photo.

“blm now mf”

Wonder why they omit those last 2 letters?

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Mary Ann

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2020, 08:20:50 AM »
On a related matter:
https://fox6now.com/2020/07/23/ohio-man-in-custody-after-kneeling-on-crying-white-childs-neck-praising-black-lives-matter/
Meanwhile, an Atlanta-area high school special education teacher is under fire for purportedly commenting beneath the same photo once it made its way to Facebook further encouraging the violence against the child.

According to WGCL-TV, Cedar Grove High School Interrelated Teacher Brian Papin commented beneath the photo, writing: “Again! Your [sic] doing it wrong! One knee on the center of the back one one [sic] the neck and lean into it until death! You saw the video! Get it right or stop f***ing around!”
This teacher is no longer employed.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2020, 08:51:30 AM »
The equine anus who did this should do prison time. And unless part of that is for kidnapping, so also should the parents of the child if they let this happen to their child.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Mary Ann

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2020, 09:10:02 AM »
The equine anus who did this should do prison time. And unless part of that is for kidnapping, so also should the parents of the child if they let this happen to their child.
The female parent (I refuse to use the word "mother" in this case) claims she didn't know about it until the cops came calling. The paternal grandmother has been quoted in a couple of articles, and says the child is with his father.
https://www.whio.com/home/i-hope-they-all-get-what-they-deserve-grandmother-says-adult-photo-kneeling-boys-neck/2VH57IZG7BCMBCHFGI7QXYDANI/
I sincerely hope the female parent permanently loses custody, because if she would leave the kid with someone with MULTIPLE domestic violence charges against him, there is no way she should ever even see the child again.

Oh, and she should be sterilized.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2020, 10:33:32 AM »
The female parent (I refuse to use the word "mother" in this case) claims she didn't know about it until the cops came calling. The paternal grandmother has been quoted in a couple of articles, and says the child is with his father.
https://www.whio.com/home/i-hope-they-all-get-what-they-deserve-grandmother-says-adult-photo-kneeling-boys-neck/2VH57IZG7BCMBCHFGI7QXYDANI/
I sincerely hope the female parent permanently loses custody, because if she would leave the kid with someone with MULTIPLE domestic violence charges against him, there is no way she should ever even see the child again.

Oh, and she should be sterilized.

Thanks for the extra info. One disgustingly perverse reality of "family court" is that a known domestic abuser who is separated from their former partner can petition/sue in "family court" for unsupervised access to their child(ren) and win. So it is possible that the female parent of the abused child was both unaware of the abuse of the child and had been forced by a "family court" to allow unsupervised time with the child for the male who had abused her.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2020, 11:38:22 AM »
It is so sad that people like this are allowed to walk among us. And vote.

Laelth, who was once a member here on conservativecave many years ago, is an attorney, and despite being a primitive, knows he was just talking garbage here.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2020, 12:47:28 PM »
And they all leave off the end of the caption on the photo.

“blm now mf”

Yep. Sorta blows the "Hey, whitey? How would you feel if brown people were doing this to your children?” narrative out of the water. More like "We demand you do what we say or else!" Not that "these well-meaning morons" or their allies could pull it off even if they were to multiply the little intellect they sorta possess by a million.

Laelth is a lawyer with his own practice in Macon, GA. I'm sure if we checked we could find his name again.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2020, 08:25:49 AM »
So, if there was a pic of Obama being hanged in effigy, would that be "protected political speech," in Laelth's opinion?
Yes. Just add "blm now" to the pic and it is good to go.
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline Karin

« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2020, 03:02:53 PM »
God, that photo is horrifying.  That poor baby. 

Ex Lurker (3,289 posts)

38. It's working to inflame the Trump base

This has gone viral on the Right wing sites, along with a video of an apparently gay guy getting beat up and kicked by some supposed antifa types yelling "black lives matter, you f*ggot"

Laelth was absolutely disgusting on that thread.   In reply to Ex Lurker, he is utterly obtuse:

aelth (26,074 posts)

42. Interesting.

I am not sure that I understand what mileage the right wing is getting out of this.

Can you grasp their argument?

How can be that dumb?

Then he says:

Laelth (26,074 posts)

47. Mother consented, one way or another.

It’s protected, obviously political speech.

So if some dirt bag trash mom says it's OK to hurt her kid, it's OK?  We know it happens.  All the time.  Laelth is a lawyer?? 

WhiskeyGrinder is another one over there that doesn't see the abuse. 

HERETIC I AM (20,963 posts)

117. I just served on a jury for this OP

Why would anyone think a post that quotes an article and provides a link to the article on this sort of story is peddling right wing crap?

Absurd.